Cerom Dry Syrup 30ml
Cerom 125 MG Description
Cerom Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections in children. It is effective against infections of the respiratory tract, ears, lungs,
skin or soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It contains cefuroxime as its main component. Cerom Dry Syrup is specially designed for use in children and should be used under adults’ supervision. Please inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child.
Uses of Cerom 125 MG
Contraindications of Cerom 125 MG
- If your child is allergic to cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of Cerom Dry Syrup
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic.
Side effects of Cerom 125 MG
- Stomach pain
- Increased chances of fungal infections
Precautions and Warnings of Cerom 125 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child has continuous diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Your child develops an allergic reaction such as difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cerom Dry Syrup.
- Your child is suffering from any kidney-related disease. Do not use Cerom Dry Syrup for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that your child is using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Cerom 125 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cerom 125 MG
- Cerom Dry Syrup should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions carefully on the label before using the medicine
- Shake well before use. It should be taken after food.
Interactions of Cerom 125 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cerom Dry Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Cerom Dry Syrup along with Probenecid is not recommended.
- Other medicines like warfarin (blood thinners) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Cerom 125 MG
- Store Cerom Dry Syrup at or below 30°C, protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cerom 125 MG
- If you have given too much of Cerom Dry Syrup to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy. If you have missed giving any dose of Cerom Dry Syrup, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cerom Dry Syrup?
Q: How does Cerom Dry Syrup work?
Q: Should Cerom Dry Syrup be taken with or without food?
- Zinnat 125 mg/5 ml granules for oral suspension cefuroxime - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Zinnat Suspension 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Lactmed - Cefuroxime axetil [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]