Cenmox 500mg Capsules
By CENTURION LABORATORIES
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cenmox 500 MG Description
Cenmox Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an
active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Cenmox Capsule or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
|You Save||₹52.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)
10 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cenmox 500mg Capsules
- Esoxycin 500mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 72.00₹ 61.2079.49% CHEAPER₹ 6.12/Capsule
- Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.20₹ 93.6779.09% CHEAPER₹ 6.24/Capsule
- Almox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 120.40₹ 102.3477.14% CHEAPER₹ 6.82/Capsule
- Mokcan 500mg CapsuleBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 80.27₹ 80.2773.09% CHEAPER₹ 8.03/Capsule
- Blumox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.0075.44% CHEAPER₹ 7.33/Capsule
- Moxikem 500mg CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 80.26₹ 68.2277.14% CHEAPER₹ 6.82/Capsule
- Hipen P 500mg CapsuleBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 68.91₹ 58.5780.36% CHEAPER₹ 5.86/Capsule
- Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.20₹ 93.6779.09% CHEAPER₹ 6.24/Capsule
- Wymox 500mg CapsuleBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.20₹ 93.6779.09% CHEAPER₹ 6.24/Capsule
- Mox 500mg CapsuleBy Sun Pharma15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.20₹ 93.6779.09% CHEAPER₹ 6.24/Capsule
Uses of Cenmox 500 MG
- Cenmox Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Cenmox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Cenmox Capsule.
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Cenmox 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Cenmox 500 MG
Can I take the Cenmox Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Cenmox Capsule during pregnancy. You can use the medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take the Cenmox Capsule while breastfeeding?
Cenmox Capsule passes into breast milk. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinued if side effects such as thrush, fungal infection of the mouth are observed in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cenmox Capsule?
There is limited information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. You may experience dizziness that may influence the ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, avoid driving or operating machine when on treatment with Cenmox Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with the Cenmox Capsule?
No known interactions with alcohol. Discuss with the doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Cenmox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cenmox Capsule blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Cenmox 500 MG
- Cenmox Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Cenmox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cenmox Capsule works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Cenmox 500 MG
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Cenmox 500 MG
The symptoms of an overdose of Cenmox Capsule includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss a dose of Cenmox Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the medicine schedule....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Cenmox Capsule safe to use in pregnancy?
A: Cenmox Capsule can be taken by a pregnant woman if prescribed by a doctor. Avoid self-medicating, especially during pregnancy since there is limited safety information available about the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before taking medicine.
Q: What is Cenmox Capsule prescribed for?
A: Cenmox Capsule is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, certain reproductive tract infection (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori.
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed