Cefaden 500mg Injection
By EDEN PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefaden 500 MG Description
Cefaden Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infection of the lungs, airways, skin and gynaecological diseases. It contains cefotaxime as an active component that belongs to the cephalosporin
class of antibiotics. This injection will be given to you at the hospital under medical supervision.
|You Save||₹3.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Pain and swelling at injection site, diarrhoea, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefotaxime(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Cefaden 500 MG
For the treatment in patients with serious bacterial infections associated with respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin, stomach, gynaecological infection, etc.
Contraindications of Cefaden 500 MG
If you are allergic to cefotaxime, penicillin or medicines from the same class and any ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Cefaden 500 MG
- Pain, tenderness and swelling at the injection site
- Rashes, itching, fever
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
Precautions and Warnings of Cefaden 500 MG
Can I take Cefaden Injection during pregnancy?
This medicine crosses the placenta and its safety in pregnancy is not established. Thus, it should be used during pregnancy only if it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Cefaden Injection while breastfeeding?
Cefaden Injection passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and may affect the breastfed baby. Close monitoring of the breastfed infant for the symptoms of diarrhoea and fungal infections of the mouth is advised if your doctor prescribes you this medicine.
Can I drive if I taken Cefaden Injection?
This medicine may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol if I have taken Cefaden Injection?
This medicine does not interact with alcohol as such, however, alcohol and antibiotics have similar side effects like stomach upset, dizziness, etc. Thus, concurrent use should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to this medicine or penicillin and have a history of serious allergic reaction.
- You experience skin redness, weakness.
- You have developed diarrhoea and it is persistent, seek immediate medical help.
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney disorder, any kind of heart problem, etc.
- You have a known medical condition like liver or kidney function problem or any kind of heart-related disorder, etc.
- You are taking medicines like Streptomycin or Amikacin along with this medicine, a regular kidney function test is recommended.
Mode of Action of Cefaden 500 MG
How Does It Work?
This injection acts by interrupting the cell wall synthesis in bacteria thereby inhibits the growth of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Cefaden 500 MG
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Cefaden 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Cefaden Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Antibiotics like streptomycin and water pills like furosemide when taken along with this injection can affect your kidney function, close monitoring of kidney function is recommended.
- Patients on anti-gout medicine like probenecid with existing kidney function problem should be cautious.
Storage and disposal of Cefaden 500 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Once the vial is opened, use it immediately.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cefaden 500 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely to get an overdose of this medicine. However, if you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose inform them....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this injection?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you have skipped the dose or do not complete the course it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive and inappropriate use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
Q: How is Cefaden Injection given?
A: Cefaden Injection is usually given intravenously or intramuscularly under medical supervision. This medicine will only be by nurse or doctor. The route of administration is usually being decided by your doctor. Do not self-inject.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed