Augmentin Duo Syp
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
30ml Dry Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Augmentin Duo suspension is used to treat bacterial infection in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Augmentin Duo suspension is an antibiotic, consisting of a combination medicine mainly amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid in Augmentin Duo suspension work synergistically, to produce an optimal effect by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences. Thus, you should always complete the course of the treatment. This medicine is designed for children, therefore should be used or consumed only by children below 18 years of age.
Uses of Augmentin Duo Syp
Augmentin Duo suspension is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Augmentin Duo Syp
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Augmentin Duo suspension.
- If your child has had or has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child has or had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Augmentin Duo Syp
- Infection of mouth, skin folds and nails
Precautions and Warnings of Augmentin Duo Syp
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child has liver problems.
- Your child has a kidney problem, as you may experience fits.
- Your child is already on other medications.
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- Your child experiences fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- Your child has diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- Your child has difficulty in passing urine.
- Augmentin Duo suspension should be used only in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Augmentin Duo Syp
How Does It Work?
Augmentin Duo suspension acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Augmentin Duo Syp
- Take Augmentin Duo suspension as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle.
- Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Augmentin Duo Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Augmentin Duo works or Augmentin Duo itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently giving to your child or might give to your child to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are giving your child medicines for gout such as probenecid, anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate, blood thinners such as warfarin, immunosuppressants, etc.
- Caution is advised on the simultaneous use of oral anticoagulants like warfarin, as there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
Storage and disposal of Augmentin Duo Syp
- Store at or below 25°C.
- After reconstitution, store it in the refrigerator.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Augmentin Duo Syp
If you give your child Augmentin Duo suspension in high dose, then it may result in symptoms such as stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness, fluid retention and fits. If you overuse this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Augmentin Duo suspension?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Augmentin Duo suspension but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Augmentin Duo suspension?
A: Never take Augmentin Duo suspension if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: How long can I store Augmentin Duo suspension?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Augmentin Duo suspension should be stored in the refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard off the remaining portion of medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
- Augmentin Dds Suspension 30 Ml
- Augmentin 375 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Augmentin Dry Syp
- Augmentin 500 125 Mg Tablet 6
- Augmentin 375 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Augmentin 300 Mg Injection 10 Ml
- Augmentin Duo 250 125 Mg Tablet 10
- Augmentin 875 125 Mg Tablet 4
- Augmentin 300 Mg Injection 5 Ml
- Augmentin 1 2 Gm Inj 20 Ml
- Augmentin 600 Mg Inj 10 Ml
- Augmentin Duo 375 Mg Tablet 10
- Augmentin Infant 62 5 Mg Drop 20 Ml
|You Save||₹9.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(28.5 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 21 Jun 2021 | 03:23 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved