Ampipen 250mg Capsules
By PFIZER LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ampipen 250mg Capsules Description
Ampipen 250mg Capsules is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections such as infections of the lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues, sexually transmitted dis
eases, urinary tract, etc. It contains ampicillin as an active ingredient that belongs to the penicillin group of antibiotics. This medicine is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹4.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Allergic reaction, skin rash, itching, irritation|
Check more medicines with composition as Ampicillin
Uses of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
Ampipen 250mg Capsules is used for the treatment of several types of bacterial infections of ear, nose and throat infection, respiratory tract, urinary tract, chest infection, sexually transmitted disease, blood poisoning, etc....
Contraindications of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to ampicillin or any of the other ingredients of Ampipen 250mg Capsules .
- If you are allergic to any other antibiotics belonging to penicillin or cephalosporin class of antibiotics (called beta-lactams).
Side effects of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
- Skin rash, itching, irritation, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
Can I take Ampipen 250mg Capsules during pregnancy?
Ampipen 250mg Capsules can be taken during pregnancy if prescribed by the doctor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant while he prescribes you this medicine.
Can I take Ampipen 250mg Capsules while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Ampipen 250mg Capsules while breastfeeding as limited safety data is available.
Can I drive if I have taken Ampipen 250mg Capsules ?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ampipen 250mg Capsules ?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Ampipen 250mg Capsules . Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions like skin rash and swelling of the face or neck due to antibiotic use.
- You are already taking any other antibiotic medicine.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have low immunity or have glandular fever.
- You are going to have urine tests for glucose, as this medicine may affect the test results.
Mode of Action of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Ampipen 250mg Capsules medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
- Ampipen 250mg Capsules should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Ampipen 250mg Capsules may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking any other antibiotic medicines, anti-gout medicines, oral contraceptives, probenecid, allopurinol, etc.
Storage and disposal of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
- Store Ampipen 250mg Capsules at room temperature.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ampipen 250mg Capsules
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ampipen 250mg Capsules medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ampipen 250mg Capsules, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Ampipen 250mg Capsules ?
A: The composition of Ampipen 250mg Capsules consists of ampicillin, as an active ingredient. It is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the throat, lungs, ears, nose, heart, sexually transmitted disease and urinary tract. It stops the growth of bacteria causing the infection by preventing bacterial cell wall formation.
Q: Is Ampipen 250mg Capsules an antibiotic medicine?
A: Yes, Ampipen 250mg Capsules is an antibiotic medicine, that belongs to penicillin group of antibiotics.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed