Triptorelin is a hormone similar to Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH), which is naturally present in our body.
Uses of Triptorelin
- Prostate cancer
- Uterus fibroids
- Infertility in women
- Early puberty in children
Contraindications of Triptorelin
When should one not use Triptorelin
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Do not take this medicine during pregnancy
Side effects of Triptorelin
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Hot flushes
- Excessive sweating, back pain
- Pins and needles sensation in the legs
- Reduced libido and impotence
- Bone pain
- Hot flushes, allergic reactions
- Swelling and pain at the injection site
- Stomach discomfort
- The rise in blood cholesterol level and high blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Triptorelin
Can I take Triptorelin during pregnancy?
Triptorelin is not recommended in pregnancy because it is proven to harm the developing baby. Inform your doctor immediately if you are pregnant during treatment.
Can I take Triptorelin while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Triptorelin?
If you experience any eye problems, sleepiness or if you feel tired after taking this medicine, you should not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Triptorelin?
No known interaction is reported yet; you should discuss this with the doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking any medicines for blood clotting
- You have diabetes or heart disease
- You experience some vaginal bleeding in the first month of treatment
- You suffer or have suffered from depression or anxiety
- You notice any behaviour or mood changes after taking this medicine
- You have diabetes and or have any heart condition
- You are planning a pregnancy
Mode of Action of Triptorelin
How Does It Work?
Triptorelin works by decreasing the production of sex hormones in the body. It acts on the pituitary gland and reduces stimulation of the production of sex hormones (testosterone and estradiol) from it.
Interactions of Triptorelin
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that increase prolactin level in the blood
- Antiarrhythmic medicines (used to treat abnormal heartbeats)
- Some antipsychotic medicines
- Any over the counter medicines, vitamins or herbal products that may interact with Triptorelin
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of Triptorelin when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dietary Restrictions of Triptorelin
No information is available on dietary restrictions while you are taking Triptorelin, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dosage of Triptorelin
If you happen to take more than the prescribed dose of Triptorelin, seek emergency medical care.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed scheduling an appointment for taking your dose, immediately contact your doctor for an injection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
- Use this medicine with extreme caution in children because they are more sensitive to its side effects
- Patients with the following conditions should be extra careful –
- Pituitary adenoma tumour
- Weight-related absence of periods
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)
- Endometrial cysts in women
- A metabolic bone disorder like Paget’s disease
Q: When and how to consume this Medicine?
A: Triptorelin is given as an injection in the muscle or under the skin and injected at the hospital by a trained person as prescribed by the doctor.
Last Updated on: 05 Oct 2020 | 10:47 PM (IST)
Recent articlesView More
TodayLivEasy Essentials 4-in-1 Steam Vaporizer: For Speedy Relief From Common Cold
Is there anyone who doesn’t have their routine disrupted by bouts of common cold and flu, especially during the winter? Even though these infections are fairly harmless, they ...
2 days agoAllergy March – Have You Heard Of It? By #AllergyFree- A Sanofi India Initiative
Very common in children, an allergy march is when a kid starts to get allergies in a specific order. It’s a condition that starts from eczema, then food allergies and hay feve...
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved