Veenat 400mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By NATCO PHARMA LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veenat 400 MG Description
Veenat 400 mg tablet is an anticancer medicine containing Imatinib as its active ingredient. It is used to treat and prevent certain types of cancers. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic t
o it. Veenat 400 mg tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor. It must be taken along with food. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Before starting Veenat 400 mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹1194.75 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Imatinib(400.0 Mg)
Uses of Veenat 400 MG
Veenat 400 mg tablet is used in treating & preventing cancer growth in blood, kidney, stomach or intestine.
Contraindications of Veenat 400 MG
If you are allergic to Imatinib or any of the ingredients of Veenat 400 mg tablet.
Side effects of Veenat 400 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhoea, stomach pain
- Constipation, gas
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain or loss
- Skin rash, itching
- Muscular pain, joint pain with swelling
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Veenat 400 MG
Can I take Veenat 400 mg tablets during pregnancy?
- There is limited information on the safety of Veenat 400 mg tablets in pregnancy. Hence, it is not recommended for use, unless prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you must discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby.
Can I take Veenat 400 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Imatinib passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. Hence, Veenat 400 mg tablets should not be used during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Veenat 400 mg tablet?
If you experience blurred vision, dizziness after taking Veenat 400 mg tablet, then avoid driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Veenat 400 mg tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with Veenat 400 mg tablet. If you have a habit of regular drinking, then it is important to consult your physician.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking levothyroxine medicine. The doctor may suggest monitoring TSH (Thyroid-stimulating hormone) closely during the treatment.
- You may develop a liver injury or failure during the treatment. So a doctor may monitor the liver function tests regularly.
- There is a chance of swelling in the body or lungs due to fluid retention. Caution should be exercised in patients with heart diseases.
- If you have a heart problem and have a history of kidney failure, you need to be monitored closely.
- You may experience stomach/intestinal bleeding, the doctor might discontinue the medicine if required.
- You may develop Tumour lysis syndrome, a condition when numerous cancer cells die within a short period, releasing their contents into the blood, which ultimately leads to a rise in the level of uric acid, potassium and phosphorus....
- You have a history of Hepatitis B because it can reactivate hepatitis B.
- The doctor may suggest closely monitoring the growth of children during the treatment with Veenat 400 mg tablets.
Mode of Action of Veenat 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Imatinib in Veenat 400 mg tablet acts by slowing down or stopping the growth of cancerous cells. Hence, it helps to cure and inhibiting the spread of cancer.
Directions for Use of Veenat 400 MG
- Take Veenat 400 mg tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be taken with food and with a sufficient amount of water.
- It can be dissolved in water or apple juice for patients having difficulty swallowing.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to do so.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Veenat 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Veenat 400 mg tablet and other medicines like clarithromycin, erythromycin to treat infection, verapamil, diltiazem to treat heart conditions, itraconazole, ketoconazole to treat fungal infection, phenobarbital, phenytoin to treat fits or epilepsy, rifampicin to treat tuberculosis, St. John's Worts, which is a herbal medicine to treat depression, should be avoided....
- Caution is recommended when it is used with other medicines having narrow therapeutic window like cyclosporine, tacrolimus, sirolimus as immunosuppressants, ergotamine, fentanyl to treat severe pain or headaches, alfentanil a strong painkiller, terfenadine to treat allergic reactions, bortezomib, docetaxel to treat cancer and quinidine to treat heart conditions....
- Simultaneous use of Veenat 400 mg tablets and paracetamol should be used with caution.
- Due to the increased risk of bleeding patients should take heparin along with this medicine instead of coumarin.
- Other medicines are metoprolol, levothyroxine, L-asparaginase, chemotherapeutic agents, which should be used with caution during the treatment.
Interactions with food items
Veenat 400 mg tablet interacts with grapefruit juice, avoid intake of grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Veenat 400 MG
- Veenat 400 mg tablets do not require any special storage conditions
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Veenat 400 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, redness, swelling, tiredness, muscle pain, low blood count, abdominal pain, headache, decreased appetite.
- If you think you have taken too much of Veenat 400 mg tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Veenat 400 mg tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I conceive while on treatment with Veenat 400 mg tablet?
A: No, take contraceptive measures while on treatment with Veenat 400 mg tablet.
Q: Can I take Veenat 400 mg tablet along with the food?
A: You can take this medicine during the start of the meal, which may help to reduce the stomach problems from this medicine.
Q: Should I be concerned if I had hepatitis B in the past?
A: Talk to your doctor if you had hepatitis B infection in the past, as Veenat 400 mg tablet may cause reactivation of the infection.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed