Taxim O Ped Drops
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Taxim O Oral Drop contains an antibiotic called Cefixime, which belongs to the Cephalosporin class of medicine and is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, g
allbladder and bile duct. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose of this antibiotic medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection....
Uses of Taxim O Ped Drops
- The Taxim O Oral Drop is used for bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, bile duct and urinary tract.
- It is also used for the treatment of typhoid or enteric fever (an infection that spreads via food and water).
Contraindications of Taxim O Ped Drops
- If the child is allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics, including Penicillin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Taxim O Ped Drops
- Severe diarrhoea
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O Ped Drops
Can I take the Taxim O Oral Drop during pregnancy?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage in pregnant women is of no significance.
Can I take the Taxim O Oral Drop while breastfeeding?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its usage during breastfeeding is of no significance.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Taxim O Oral Drop?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its impact on your driving abilities is of no significance.
Can I consume alcohol with the Taxim O Oral Drop?
It is meant to be used in children and thus its interaction with alcohol is of no significance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The child has any kind of kidney disease or kidney failure.
- The child may experience severe skin allergies such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome after taking this medicine, experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious,less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits....Read more
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where the red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
Mode of Action of Taxim O Ped Drops
How Does It Work?
Taxim O Oral Drop works by stopping the growth of the bacterial cell wall, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Taxim O Ped Drops
- Take this syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake it well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- You should complete the course of antibiotic medicine for effective results.
Interactions of Taxim O Ped Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants such as warfarin should be used cautiously while taking this antibiotic as there are chances of bleeding. Regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters is recommended....Read more
- Taxim O Oral Drop can increase the levels of Carbamazepine, used as an anticonvulsant for epilepsy, fits and seizures. Concomitant use should be avoided.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Taxim O Ped Drops
- Store below 25°C, protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim O Ped Drops
- Taking too much of this medicine can affect your brain functions and cause encephalopathy. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, then reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....Read more
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Taxim O Oral Drop, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is the time for your n
ext dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this syrup to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Taxim O Oral Drop dosage?
A: The dosage will be directed by the physician based on your condition.
Q: What is the right time to take the medication?
A: It is advised to take the Taxim O Oral Drop at the same time every day as prescribed by your physician.
Q: My child was given this medicine for a urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days child is feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Other Products from this Brand
- Taxim O 200 Mg Tablet
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Pineapple Flav Dry Syp 30 Ml
- Taxim O Pineapple Flav 50 Mg Dry Syp 50 Ml
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim Vial Of 1 Gm Powder For Injection
- Taxim O 400 Mg Tablet
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved