Taxim O Ped Drops
Taxim O 25 MG/ML Description
Taxim O Oral Drop contains an antibiotic called Cefixime, which belongs to the Cephalosporin class of medicine and is used to treat bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways,
gallbladder and bile duct. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It is also used in the treatment of typhoid fever. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose of this antibiotic medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection.
Uses of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- The Taxim O Oral Drop is used for bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, bile duct and urinary tract.
- It is also used for the treatment of typhoid or enteric fever (an infection that spreads via food and water).
Contraindications of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- If the child is allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics, including Penicillin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- Severe diarrhoea
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- The child has any kind of kidney disease or kidney failure.
- The child may experience severe skin allergies such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome after taking this medicine, experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious, less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits....
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where the red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
Mode of Action of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- Take this syrup as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
- Use a proper measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Shake it well before use and read the instructions on the bottle before use.
- You should complete the course of antibiotic medicine for effective results.
Interactions of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants such as warfarin should be used cautiously while taking this antibiotic as there are chances of bleeding. Regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters is recommended....
- Taxim O Oral Drop can increase the levels of Carbamazepine, used as an anticonvulsant for epilepsy, fits and seizures. Concomitant use should be avoided.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are currently taking to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- Store below 25°C, protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Taxim O 25 MG/ML
- Taking too much of this medicine can affect your brain functions and cause encephalopathy. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, then reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Taxim O Oral Drop dosage?
Q: What is the right time to take the medication?
Q: My child was given this medicine for a urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days child is feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
Other Products from this Brand
- Taxim O 200 Mg Tablet
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim 500 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim Vial Of 1 Gm Powder For Injection
- Taxim 125 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim 250 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Taxim O Forte Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup
- Taxim O Juicy Orange And Lemon Flavour Bottle Of 60 Ml Dry Syrup