Spasmindon N Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Spasmindon N Tablet is a combination of medicine that contains two main ingredients - Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid. It is used for the treatment of pain and muscle spasm. It works by the combined action of its two constituents. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine and Mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties....
|You Save||₹15.77 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Drotaverine(80.0 Mg),Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Drotaverine(80.0 Mg) + Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Spasmindon N Tablet
Uses of Spasmindon N Tablet
- Treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain, and muscle spasms
Contraindications of Spasmindon N Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Drotaverine, or any of the ingredients of Spasmindon N Tablettablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma, or peptic ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
Side effects of Spasmindon N Tablet
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Spasmindon N Tablet
Can I take Spasmindon N Tabletduring pregnancy?
There is no specific information available on the safety of Spasmindon N Tablet in pregnancy. Constituents of Spasmindon N Tablet are known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Spasmindon N Tabletwhile breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed if you are taking this medicine. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Spasmindon N Tablettablet?
It can cause dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, visual disturbance, etc. It would be better if you do not drive or operate any machinery when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Spasmindon N Tablettablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects and it can also make you dizzier.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors, or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drotin-M.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Spasmindon N Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Reduced calcium levels and production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin cause pain and spasm.Spasmindon N Tablet helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body, it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....
Directions for Use of Spasmindon N Tablet
Take Spasmindon N Tabletas directed by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Spasmindon N Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Spasmindon N Tabletcontains Mefenamic acid and Drotaverine, any interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril, and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Spasmindon N Tabletas there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- Spasmindon N Tablet should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Spasmindon N Tablet can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus, if taken along with Spasmindon N Tablet, can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Spasmindon N Tabletis taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Spasmindon N Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Spasmindon N Tablet
There is no specific information available on the overdose of Spasmindon N Tablet tablet. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose, if you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it's already time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
A: If you have a history of low blood pressure, your doctor may ask you for regular blood pressure checkups because this medicine can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Q: Can Spasmindon N Tablet be used for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, it helps relieve spasm and cramps associated with periods. However, for prolonged and painful episodes, consult your doctor.
Q: Is Spasmindon N Tablet safe during breastfeeding?
A: No, constituents of Spasmindon N Tablet may pass into breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Q: Is Spasmindon N Tablet a painkiller?
A: No, Spasmindon N Tablet is a combination of drugs. It has both painkiller and antispasmodic properties. It is used for the treatment of spasm and pain associated with smooth muscles due to menstruation and abdominal pain.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.