Posid 100mg Injection
Posid 100 MG Description
Posid Injection is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of various types of cancer, such as small cell lung cancer, blood cancer, testicular cancer and lymphatic cancer. It contains e
toposide as its main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Posid 100 MG
Contraindications of Posid 100 MG
- If you are allergic to gemcitabine or any of the ingredients of Posid Injection
- If you have recently taken any live vaccines
- If you are a breastfeeding mother
Side effects of Posid 100 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection, dizziness
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Hair loss
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Posid 100 MG
- Posid Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment. However, if you get pregnant while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You recently had chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- You have a condition in which the bone marrow activity is reduced, Myelosuppression.
- If you develop fever, chills, rapid heart rates, low blood pressure and shortness of breath (anaphylactic reaction), immediately contact the doctor.
- You have infections.
- You have a low level of albumin (protein) in your blood.
Mode of Action of Posid 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Posid 100 MG
- Posid Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Posid 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Posid Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, cancer, fits or are taking painkillers, blood thinners, ciclosporin or have recently taken live vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Posid 100 MG
Dosage of Posid 100 MG
- This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose on this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Posid Injection?
Q: What is the use of Posid Injection?
- Etopophos 100 mg Powder for Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Etopophos 100 mg Powder for Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]