Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
By YASH PHARMA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Optihist Plus Eye drop is a combination medicine that is used to treat eye infections. It contains various active ingredients that are chlorpheniramine, sodium chloride, boric Acid and tetrahydrozolin
e. It relieves pain in symptoms like eye redness, irritation, swelling, eye discharge or other eye discomforts due to allergy. You should use this medicine only if it is suggested by the doctor. It is advised to avoid wearing contact lenses while using these eye drops. If you think that your symptoms are getting worse instead of improving, talk to your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, please discuss with your doctor if you are already suffering from any other eye conditions or medical conditions. Also, it is important to inform the doctor about your ongoing medications and any specific allergies of medicines you have, before starting with the treatment. You should not share this medicine with others even if they have the same symptoms....
Uses of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
Optihist Plus Eye drop is indicated for the treatment of eye infections.
Contraindications of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to the Optihist Plus Eye drops or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are suffering from glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes).
- If you have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you had taken or are taking medicines for brain disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- This medicine should not be given to children below 6 years of age.
- If you have a heart problem, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid, stomach ulcers, diabetes or any other eye infections.
- As it is a combination of different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
- Stinging or burning sensation in the eyes
- Redness in the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Dilated pupil
- Eye discomfort
- Eye irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
Can I instil the Optihist Plus Eye drop during pregnancy?
Optihist Plus Eye drop is to be used locally as eye drops only. There are fewer chances of absorption in the blood. Still, a pregnant woman should use this medicine only under medical supervision.
Can I instil the Optihist Plus Eye drop while breastfeeding?
You can use this medicine while breastfeeding if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have instiled the Optihist Plus Eye drop?
This medicine causes temporary blurring of vision. Avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled the Optihist Plus Eye drop?
You should avoid alcohol intake while using the Optihist Plus Eye drops, as it may add to the side effects like dizziness and affect mental alertness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You feel pain in the eyes or vision impairment.
- You experience persistent redness and irritation in the eyes.
- You do not feel any improvement in symptoms.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Remove contact lenses before instillation of the eye drops.
- You are using it for children below 6 years of age.
- Try to use the medicine within 4 weeks of opening the container.
- Keep monitoring your blood sugar level during the treatment as this medicine may impact your blood sugar level.
Mode of Action of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- Optihist Plus Eye drop contains 4 different active ingredients- chlorpheniramine, Sodium Chloride, Boric Acid and Tetrahydrozoline. The combined action of these components helps in relieving discomfort from the eyes....Read more
- Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic medicine that blocks the action of histamine, a naturally occurring substance in the body responsible for causing the allergy.
- Sodium chloride is used as a hypertonic solution that helps in drawing out the fluid from the eyes and thus leads to clear vision, reduction in swelling or other eye conditions.
- Boric acid acts as an antiseptic and helps fight against bacterial infection in the eyes and relieves irritation or itching.
- Tetrahydrozoline acts as a vasoconstrictor. It helps in narrowing the swollen blood vessels in the eyes and relieves eye irritation, itching or unusual eye discharge.
Directions for Use of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
- Use the Optihist Plus Eye drops as directed by your doctor and follow the instructions mentioned on the package leaflet.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after the instillation of drops.
- Lean backwards or tilt your head back while instilling these drops.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe off any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Do not use the drops if you see any foreign particles inside the bottle.
Interactions of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Since the Optihist Plus Eye drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating any other health conditions....Read more
- However, during the treatment with the Optihist Plus Eye drop, you should be cautious while using medicine like riboflavin, strong painkillers, phenytoin, medicines for psychiatric disorders like moclobemide, amitriptyline, linezolid, phenelzine, etc....Read more
Storage and disposal of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
- Store it at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze it.
- Throw away the unused medicines.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Optihist Plus Eye Drops 5ml
As the Optihist Plus Eye drops are meant for external use, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you have instilled extra drops of it, wash your eyes thoroughly with water. Also if you experi
ence any symptoms like more redness in the eyes, sweating, drowsiness, difficulty in breathing, drop in the body temperature, etc contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling these eye drops, instil them as soon as you remember. Do not instil more drops just to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Optihist Plus Eye drop be used with contact lenses?
A: No, you should remove contact lenses and then instil these eye drops.
Q: How to use the Optihist Plus Eye drop? Any precautions should I follow while instilling the eye drops?
- Use the Optihist Plus Eye drops as instructed by your doctor and also read the instructions mentioned on the label before usage.
- Shake it well before use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- After instilling the drops, close your eyes for 1-2 minutes and do not blink.
- Avoid touching the dropper tip to the eyes.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a napkin or tissue.
Q: Does it affect blood sugar levels?
A: Doctors usually advise to keep monitoring the blood sugar level while using these drops. It may affect the blood sugar level if you are a diabetic person.
Q: How long should I use the Optihist Plus Eye drop?
A: You should complete the course of the Optihist Plus Eye drops for an effective treatment. Also, avoid the long term usage of this eye drop.
- Drugs.com. Sodium Chloride Eye Drops. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- Webmd. Sodium Chloride Eye Drops. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- Medsafe. Chlorpheneramine. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- MIMS. Boric acid. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- Webmd. Tetrahydozoline Drops. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- Dailymed. Tetrahydozoline Drops. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
- mtatva. Optihist PlusEyedrop. [Accessed on 23.Feb.2021] (online)
|You Save||₹13.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tetrahydrozoline(0.01 %),Boric Acid(1.25 %),Sodium(0.05 %),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(0.03 %)|
|Side effects||Stinging or burning sensation in the eyes, redness, blurred vision|
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved