Metffil Vg1 Tablets
Metffil Vg1 Tablets Description
Metffil Vg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to manage type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is a combination of metformin, glimepiride and voglibose as active ingredients. Do not miss any dose or abru
ptly stop taking Metffil Vg Tablet without informing your doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking. Patients are advised to maintain a strict exercise and diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect. It is advised to always keep candy or chocolate with you while going out in case you suddenly feel symptoms of low blood sugar levels like dizziness, irritability, hunger pangs, sweating.
|Contains||Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Voglibose(0.2 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Losw blood sugar, loss of appetite, headache, nausea, vomiting|
- Vogliboz Gm1 Tablet 10'sBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 74.50₹ 70.7749% CHEAPER₹ 7.08/Tablet
- Gluconorm Vg 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 254.30₹ 216.15₹ 14.41/Tablet
- Glycomet Trio 1mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 155.64₹ 132.296% CHEAPER₹ 13.23/Tablet
- Zoryl Mv 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 266.00₹ 226.10₹ 15.07/Tablet
- Glimisave Mv 1 Tablets 15`sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 225.07₹ 191.319% CHEAPER₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Amaryl Mv 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sanofi15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.39₹ 143.1332% CHEAPER₹ 9.54/Tablet
- Xmet Trio 500/0.2/1 Tablets 10'sBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.50₹ 83.7240% CHEAPER₹ 8.37/Tablet
- Glimy Mv 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 111.00₹ 94.3533% CHEAPER₹ 9.43/Tablet
- Tribetrol 1mg Tablet 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 229.01₹ 194.667% CHEAPER₹ 12.98/Tablet
- Vogli Gm1 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 164.00₹ 139.401% CHEAPER₹ 13.94/Tablet
Uses of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
Contraindications of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver problem.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have a history of any kind of heart condition like shock, heart failure, etc.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you have a history of severe infection pre or post-surgery.
- If you have stomach or intestinal obstruction or disorder.
Side effects of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- Low blood sugar levels can present with headache, dizziness, restlessness, difficulty concentrating, loss of consciousness, sweating, fast heartbeat.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, stomach ache. These symptoms show at the beginning of treatment and settle gradually.
- Altered taste
Precautions and Warnings of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- You may experience decreased or increased blood sugar which may alter your mental alertness and visual disturbance.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you when driving, in case you start feeling any of the symptoms of hypoglycaemia like dizziness, irritability, hunger pangs, sweating, immediately have the juice or chocolate....
Other General Warnings
- You have been advised CT scan or MRI with contrast media then inform the hospital that you are on Metffil Vg Tablet. Your doctor will advise you to stop the medicine a few days before the investigation. ...
- You experience diarrhoea, vomiting, dehydration or less fluid intake.
- Prolonged fasting should be avoided.
- Never miss your meals.
- You are taking other medicines for diabetes then caution is needed as a fall in blood glucose can occur.
- You are taking any antihypertensive medicines, painkillers or water pills.
- You have an upcoming surgery, then the doctor may adjust the dose or replace the medicine for few days.
- You have pre-existing medical conditions such as intestinal diseases like Roemheld syndrome (epigastric pressure in the gastrointestinal tract), severe hernia, and obstruction or ulcers in the intestine, etc....
- You have a kidney or liver disorder or thyroid disorder or G6PD deficiency.
- Monitoring of vitamin B12 is recommended if you are on long-term treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin, voglibose or glimepiride alone.
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
- Voglibose delays digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestines and thereby prevents a spike in blood glucose levels that occur after a meal.
Directions for Use of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- Metffil Vg Tablet should be taken orally as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken with or after a meal, swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Metffil Vg Tablet may interact with other medicines if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, tuberculosis, acidity, fungal infections, painkillers, antihypertensive medicines, etc.
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, water pills, rifampicin (anti-tuberculosis medicine), medicines for constipation, phenytoin (anti-epileptic medicine), medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Metffil Vg Tablet may alter the way blood thinners work like phenprocoumon.
- Other medicines like oral contraceptives, other anti-diabetics, etc can affect blood glucose levels. Therefore, concomitant use should be undertaken with caution.
Storage and disposal of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Metffil Vg1 Tablets
- An overdose of this medicine may cause hypoglycaemia (excessively low blood sugar) and may present with extreme weakness, confusion, tremors, fast heart rate, nausea, rapid breathing. You must immediately take sugar, if possible in the form of glucose. Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one. Taking double doses can be harmful as it can drop the glucose level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- Follow a diet that is high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils and drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid creams, soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.