Merispas 40 MG Description
Merispas Injection is an anti-spasmodic medicine containing drotaverine. It helps in pain relief due to spasms. Merispas Injection works by relaxing the smooth muscle. Therefore, it provides relief f
rom spasm and pain. This medicine will be given under the medical supervision of doctor or nurses.
Uses of Merispas 40 MG
Contraindications of Merispas 40 MG
- If you are allergic to drotaverine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have liver, kidney or heart-related problem.
- This medicine is not recommended to be used in children below the age of 12.
Side effects of Merispas 40 MG
- Feeling of heat, dizziness, sleeplessness.
- Rarely you may experience nausea, constipation, headache, rash.
Precautions and Warnings of Merispas 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had or have benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH).
- You have a liver, kidney or heart-related disease.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have an eye condition such as close angle glaucoma.
Mode of Action of Merispas 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Merispas 40 MG
- This injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Merispas 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa may not work properly if taken along with this medicine and you may experience shakiness, disbalance and rigidity.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Merispas Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Merispas 40 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store it under the conditions mentioned on the package.