Forair 500mg Novocart
Forair 500mg Novocart Description
Forair Oral Inhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for the treatment of breathing difficulty in conditions like asthma and other chest conditions where there is difficulty in breathing du
e to narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of airways and lining of lungs (COPD). It contains a combination of fluticasone and salmeterol as its active ingredients. This is a reliever inhaler which means it is to be used when you experience difficulty in breathing. Complete the treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with this inhaler.
Uses of Forair 500mg Novocart
Contraindications of Forair 500mg Novocart
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, salmeterol or any of the other ingredients of Forair Oral Inhaler.
- If you have an allergy to milk (lactose intolerance).
Side effects of Forair 500mg Novocart
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Forair 500mg Novocart
Other General Warnings
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You are taking any other steroid medicine orally or injectable.
- You notice worsening symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Forair 500mg Novocart
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Forair 500mg Novocart
- Learn the proper technique of using Forair Oral Inhaler from your doctor or pharmacist, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use, but do not swallow the water, this will help to prevent infection in the mouth and throat.
Interactions of Forair 500mg Novocart
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Forair Oral Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with Forair Oral Inhaler....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of Forair Oral Inhaler should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Forair 500mg Novocart
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Forair 500mg Novocart
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Forair Oral Inhaler contain steroids?
Q: What precautions should I take while using Forair Oral Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Forair Oral Inhaler with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using the inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Q: Can I stop using Forair Oral Inhaler when my symptoms are relieved?
- SERETIDE [Internet]. Au.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Seretide 250 Evohaler - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]