What is personal care?
Personal care refers to personal hygiene, dressing, toileting and other needs. These include products for bathing, showering, body creams and lotions. From something as simple as toothpaste to skin moisturizers, perfumes and makeup, everything falls under this segment. It involves assistance with activities of daily life.
What are personal care products used for?
Personal care products are used mainly for your well being; they also involve home care, health care and beauty. These personal care products are applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness and enhancing appearance.
Types of Personal care Products
- Bath Products: Bathing and showering is an enjoyable activity. Bath products can be very relaxing and offer you the comfort you need regularly.
- Night-time skin-care products· : Dressing and getting ready for bed is a routine task that helps you unwind and get away with the entire day’s fatigue. You must choose your bedtime routine and products wisely because it helps you sleep better. Try to include face wash, micellar water, toner, cleanser and gentle face scrub in your before-bed face-care routine. They relax your face and remove the most persistent dirt, grime and make-up residues. ·
- Hand and Footcare products: Hand and foot care is another important personal care regime. Well-maintained feet can boost your confidence.
- Hair-styling products· : Hair that looks perfect is vital for self-esteem. You can opt for hairdressers, hair-irons to give your hair a new look every day. You could also try out hair products and treatments, such as hair oils, hair therapy packs that can help keep your hair strong and luscious.
- Oral-care products: Oral hygiene means maintaining healthy teeth and gums. You can minimise infections by using proper oral health products and by paying regular visits to the dental practitioner.
- Skin moisturizers: Applying creams and lotions helps to maintain skin moisture and reduce dryness. It is an important part of the skincare routine.
- Personal care looks out for health issues and their treatment. Your health is your treasure.
Top Personal Care Brands and USPs
Philips personal care, Wow personal care, Aloe Veda personal care and Dove personal care are some of the most reputed and best personal care brands in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the absolute skincare basics?
Since we all lead a very busy life these days, it is important to have a skincare routine that is not complicated. You can simply cleanse your skin using a mild cleanser, use a toner and moisturize your skin with a nourishing moisturizer for healthy glowing skin.
Are personal care products expensive?
Basic personal care products are not expensive. They are easily available at stores at an affordable price.
Can I hire a personal care provider?
Yes, you may hire a personal care provider if required. The person will assist you and help curate a personal care routine that suits you.
What is one of the most essential parts of personal hygiene?
Washing your hands is one of the most important personal hygiene practices. You must use a hand wash in order to prevent the spreading of germs. It is also an important step before proceeding with your skincare regime.