Selsun Shampoo 120ml
Selsun shampoo is an anti-dandruff shampoo that contains Selenium Sulphide. Selsun Shampoo helps to treat and control dandruff through its unique dual-action benefit. It kills the root cause of dandruff, i.e. certain types of fungi whose overgrowth on the scalp causes dandruff. It helps prevent the build-up of skin cells, preventing flaking and itching of the scalp. Selsun is an anti-dandruff shampoo for both men and women and comes with an improved fragrance. Selsun shampoo must be used twice weekly for two weeks and then only when necessary or as directed by the physician.
- Selsun shampoo is used for the treatment, prevention and reappearance of dandruff.
- It also provides relief from itching and flaking.
- Dual-action benefit effectively treats and controls dandruff.
- Provides relief from itching and flaking.
- Helps prevent dandruff reappearance.
- Available with improved fragrance.
- Selenium Sulphide present in Selsun has microbicidal properties, dandruff could be due to the overgrowth of fungi. It treats dandruff by its microbicidal properties, which can kill dandruff-causing fungi.
How to Use
Selsun shampoo is to be applied topically on the scalp and hair.
- Wet your hair, massage Selsun onto the scalp to form lather and keep for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and skin thoroughly including hands and nails to remove all traces of the product.
- Use twice weekly for two weeks and then only when necessary or as directed by the physician.
- Do not use it more often than recommended. Selsun shampoo should be applied topically to the scalp
- Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not over apply Selsun shampoo as it can lead to irritation, blistering and burning sensation in the head. If you happen to swallow the shampoo accidentally, inform your doctor or seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
- If you miss applying Selsun shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Q1: Can I use Selsun Shampoo during pregnancy?
Ans: Selsun shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor due to a lack of safety information. Do not use it without consulting your doctor.
Q2: Can I use Selsun Shampoo while breastfeeding?
Ans: Use of Selsun shampoo by a breastfeeding mother poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Q3: Is Selsun shampoo good for hair?
Ans: Yes, Selsun Shampoo is good for the prevention and re-appearance of dandruff. It has selenium sulfide, which is effective in treating the root cause of dandruff that is fungal overgrowth.
Q4: Does Selsun Shampoo kill mites?
Ans: The active ingredient in the shampoo, selenium sulfide, may help control the Demodex skin mite population that triggers the inflammation associated with rosacea. People use shampoo to wash their faces gently. Selsun Blue also might be helpful against atopic dermatitis (eczema).