Pantop 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantop 40 MG Description
Pantop 40mg injection is a commonly administered medicine used to treat stomach-related problems, especially acid reflux. This class, known as proton pump inhibitors, provides relief to an array of s
ymptoms related to gastric reflux disorder like heartburn, chest discomfort and indigestion. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced by the stomach.
|You Save||₹8.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||To treat acid reflux disorders|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, stomach ache, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Pantop 40 MG
Pantop 40mg injection is prescribed for a wide range of problems including ulcers in the intestine and stomach, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, heartburn and swallowing trouble, oesophageal reflux, acid reflux, oesophageal cancer and a stomach infection known as Helicobacter pylori....
Contraindications of Pantop 40 MG
- If allergic to pantoprazole or other proton pump inhibitors.
- If you are on antiviral medicines like rilpivirine, atazanavir.
- If you are on medicines that modify the immune system (methotrexate).
- If you are suffering from or suspected of stomach cancer.
- If a family history of stomach cancer exists.
- If you are on medication for HIV or chemotherapy like methotrexate.
Side effects of Pantop 40 MG
- Increased intolerance to light, and eruptions on several parts of the body including mouth, lips, nose, skin and genitals.
- Stomach ache, constipation, gases and diarrhoea.
- Headache and blurred vision.
- Dry sensation in the mouth, sore throat and a different sense of taste.
- Lowered magnesium and sodium levels in the blood, susceptibility to infections.
- Fractures in the wrist, hip or spine.
- Paleness or yellowness of skin due to jaundice or liver damage.
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop 40 MG
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this injection in pregnancy. Hence it is prescribed by your doctor only if considered essential.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. A breastfeeding mother is prescribed this injection only if considered essential.
Can I drive if I have taken the medicine?
While the medicine has a negligible effect while driving, it is best to avoid doing so if you have experienced any sort of giddiness, disorientation or compromised vision.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Despite not interacting with this medicine in any manner, alcohol does increase the level of acidity in the body. Hence, it should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
The medicine should be avoided by patients with liver ailments, low levels of Vitamin B12 and those who have increased exposure to the sun.
Mode of Action of Pantop 40 MG
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient in Pantop 40mg injection is pantoprazole. This inibits the secretion of acid by binding to receptors of the proton pump in the stomach. As a result of this, the production of acids in the stomach reduces, curing acidity and its associated symptoms....
Directions for Use of Pantop 40 MG
- Pantop injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Pantop 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medication for cancer and fungal infections have been known to cause reactions in the body. Therefore, proper medical clearance is required before taking Pantop 40mg injection.
- Medication for HIV can also react with Pantop 40mg injection and due caution must be exercised.
- There can also be reactions from medication that can cause thinning or thickening of the blood.
Interactions with food items
While there are no real dietary restrictions when taking Pantop 40mg injection, it is important to minimise acidity-causing foods like chocolate, caffeine, tea and cola. These items tend to reduce the effectiveness of the medication and delay recovery....
Storage and disposal of Pantop 40 MG
Pantop 40mg injection should be kept out of the reach of children. Store it in a cool, dry place. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Pantop 40 MG
As this an injectable, it is very rare that you may take an overdose. If you experience symptoms such as nausea, headache, dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, flushing, fast heartbeats, vomiting, abdominal pain or blurred vision after the injection, you may have had an overdose. Report to the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this Pantop injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Pantop injection administered?
A: Pantop injection is injected by the doctor in the hip muscles or the arm.
Q: How long is the usual course of medication?
A: While the duration for which Pantop 40mg injection is prescribed varies from person to person based on their condition, it usually starts showing effect almost immediately.
Q: What information is important to share with the doctor before taking Pantop injection?
A: It is important to share all medical history, including any family history of cancer, HIV or liver-related ailments since medication for any of these has been known to react with Pantop injection.
Q: Will Pantop injection make me feel sleepy?
A: No, Pantop 40 mg injection will not make you feel sleepy. It may sometimes make you feel dizzy.
Q: Does Pantop 40 mg cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a commonly reported side-effect of Pantop 40 mg injection. In case you experience sudden weight gain, you are advised to inform your doctor about the same.
- Pantoprazole 40 mg powder for solution for injection- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg powder for solution for injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed