Pantop 40mg Inj
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
0.04g Injection in Dry Vial
Non ReturnableRead More
Pantop 40mg Inj is a commonly administered medicine used to treat stomach-related problems, especially acid reflux. This class, known as proton pump inhibitors, provides relief to an array of symptoms by catering to a variety of stomach and oesopagal conditions.
Uses of Pantop 40mg Inj
Doctors prescribe Pantop 40mg Inj for a wide range of problems including ulcers in the intestine and stomach, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, heartburn and swallowing trouble, oesophageal reflux, acid reflux, along with oesophageal cancer and a stomach infection known as Helicobacter pylori.
Contraindications of Pantop 40mg Inj
- If allergic to pantoprazole or other pump inibitors
- If you are on rilpivirine, atazanavir or other anti-HIV medications
- If you are on methotrexate
- When suffering from or suspected with stomach cancer
- If a family history of stomach cancer exists
- When taking medication for HIV, or chemotherapy like methotrexate
Side effects of Pantop 40mg Inj
- Increased intolerance to light, and eruptions on several parts of the body including mouth, lips, nose, skin and genitals
- Stomach problems including stomach ache, constipation, flatulence and diarrhoea
- Headache and compromised vision
- Dry sensation in the mouth, sore throat and different sense of taste
- Lowered magnesium and sodium levels in the blood, susceptibility to infections, fractures in wrist, hip or spine
- Paleness or yellowness of skin due to jaundice or liver damage
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop 40mg Inj
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Even though there is no conclusive research advising against usage of the medicine during pregnancy, it is important to consult your doctor to ensure that no risk is passed on to the baby.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Since the medicine passes through breast milk, due medical approval is required before breastfeeding a child.
Can I drive if I have taken the medicine?
While the medicine has negligible effect while driving, it is best to avoid doing so if you have experienced any sort of giddiness, disorientation or compromised vision.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Despite not interacting with the medicine in any manner, alcohol does increase the level of acidity in the body, and hence should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
The medicine should be avoided by patients with liver ailments, low levels of Vitamin B12, and those who have increased exposure to the sun.
Mode of Action of Pantop 40mg Inj
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient in Pantop 40mg Inj is pantoprazole. This inibits the secretion of acid by binding the proton pump in the stomach. As a result of this, the production of acids in the stomach reduce, thereby curing acidity and its associated symptoms.
Directions for Use of Pantop 40mg Inj
The dosage and frequency of ths medicine to be taken is best prescribed by the doctor. Owing to the possible side effects from prolonged use, it is recommended that medical consult is taken appropriately before taking the injection for a long time.
Interactions of Pantop 40mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medication for cancer and fungal infections have been known to cause reactions in the body. Therefore, proper medical clearance is required before taking Pantop 40mg Inj
- Medication for HIV can also react with Pantop 40mg Inj and due caution must be exercised
- There can also be reactions from medication that can cause thinning or thickening of blood
Interactions with food items
While there are no real dietary restrictions when taking Pantop 40mg Inj, it is important to minimise acidity-causing foods like chocolate, caffeine, tea and cola. These items tend to reduce the effectiveness of the medication and delay recovery.
Other general Interactions
There is limited information available regarding interactions of the medicine with other conditions.
Storage and disposal of Pantop 40mg Inj
Pantop 40mg Inj should be kept out of reach of children. Store it in cool, dry places.
Dosage of Pantop 40mg Inj
If you experience symptoms such as nausea, headache, dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, flushing, mild tachycardia, vomiting, abdominal pain or blurred vision after the injection, you may have had an overdose. Report to the doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember you have missed it. However, skip taking the missed dose if it is time for your next dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How is the medicine administered?
A: Pantop 40mg Inj is injected by the doctor in the hip muscles or in the arm.
Q: How long is the usual course of medication?
A: While the duration for which Pantop 40mg Inj is prescribed varies from person to person based on their condition, it usually starts showing effect almost immediately.
Q: What information is important to share with the doctor prior to taking the medicine?
A: It is important to share all medical history, including any family history of cancer, HIV, or liver-related ailments since medication for any of these has been known to react with the medicine.
- DailyMed. PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM - pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets.
- Da?l? Ü, Kalkan ?H. Treatment of reflux disease during pregnancy and lactation. Turk J Gastroenterol 2017;28(Suppl 1); S53-S56
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package leaflet: information for the user Pantoprazole 20 mg gastroresistant tablets.
- Mayo Clinic. Pantoprazole (Oral Route).
Other Variants for
Pantop 40mg Inj
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved