Nicostar 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
20 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicostar 5 mg tablet is a vasodilator, a type of medication used to prevent or treat angina pectoris (chest pain caused by a heart condition) in people who cannot take beta-blockers (blood pressure-lowering pills). A decrease in cardiac blood flow causes angina pectoris. The active ingredient in Nicostar 5 mg tablets is Nicorandil, a potassium-channel activator. It relaxes muscle cells and opens blood vessels by opening potassium channels on muscle cells within blood vessel walls. As a result, Nicostar 5 mg tablets make it easier for the heart to circulate blood around the body, requiring less oxygen. Nicostar 5 mg tablet also helps prevent angina by boosting oxygen and blood supply to the heart muscle by expanding coronary arteries within the heart. Directions for use of Nicostar 5 mg tablets should be strictly followed. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to Nicostar 5 mg tablets or other medications. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, avoid using Nicostar 5 mg tablets and seek medical advice. Nicostar 5 mg tablets' safety and effectiveness in children are unknown, so this medicine is not meant for this age group. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Nicostar 5 mg tablets because it can cause dangerously low blood pressure. Nicostar 5 interaction with certain medicines like vardenafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, or riociguat can affect blood pressure. Side effects of Nicostar 5 mg tablets include increased heart rate, headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, and flushing of the skin....
|You Save||₹53.78 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Angina pectoris (heart-related chest pain)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, weakness, nausea, flushing|
Check more medicines with composition as Nicorandil(5.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nicostar 5mg Bottle Of 20 Tablets
Uses of Nicostar 5 MG
- According to CDSCO, Nicostar 5 mg is used to treat angina pectoris (heart-related chest pain).
Contraindications of Nicostar 5 MG
- Do not take Nicostar 5 mg tablets, or use caution:
- If you are allergic to ingredients in Nicostar 5 mg tablets.
- If you have low blood volume, Nicostar 5 mg tablets are not safe.
- If you have pulmonary oedema (accumulation of fluid in the lungs), do not take Nicostar 5 mg tablets.
- If you have a history of low blood pressure, Nicostar 5 mg tablets are not safe.
- If you have survived heart failure, do not take Nicostar 5 mg tablets.
- If you take any medicines for erectile dysfunction, inform your cardiologist before starting Nicostar 5 mg tablets.
- If you have left ventricular failure with low filling pressure, Nicostar 5 mg tablet is not safe.
- If you have cardiac decompensation or cardiogenic shock, Nicostar 5 mg tablets are not safe.
Side effects of Nicostar 5 MG
- Side effects of Nicostar 5 mg tablets include:
- Increased heart rate
- Flushing of the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Nicostar 5 MG
Can I take a Nicostar 5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Nicostar 5 mg tablets are harmful for use in pregnant women. Based on limited human studies and animal research, it is dangerous to the baby. Before prescribing, your obstetrician will confirm that the benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I take Nicostar 5 mg tablets while breastfeeding?
The safety of Nicostar 5 mg tablets is not known while breastfeeding. The tablet is safe for infants based on limited human research. If the baby eats this tablet, they may encounter harmful effects of Nicostar 5 mg tablets.
Can I drive if I have taken a Nicostar 5 mg tablet?
While Nicostar 5 mg tablets do not affect your driving skills, they may cause sleepiness, dizziness, decreased alertness, and vision problems. So avoid driving or operating heavy machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicostar 5 mg tablets?
Nicostar 5 mg tablets are known to interact with alcohol. Avoid alcohol consumption while taking Nicostar 5 mg tablets as it may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have headaches with the Nicostar 5 mg tablet. Drink plenty of water.
- You may feel dizzy or sleepy with a Nicostar 5 mg tablet. Do not do anything that requires concentration.
- You must avoid alcohol while taking Nicostar 5 Tablet; it may increase dizziness.
- You must inform your doctor if you get bleeding in the anal passage, vomit, or have black stools.
Mode of Action of Nicostar 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Nicostar 5 mg tablet contains nicotinamide, a potassium-channel activator used to prevent or treat angina pectoris (chest pain). By activating potassium channels on muscle cells within the blood vessel walls, Nicostar 5 mg tablet relaxes muscle cells and opens blood vessels. As a result, Nicostar 5 mg tablets make it easier for the heart to circulate blood around the body, requiring less oxygen. Nicostar 5 mg tablet also helps prevent angina by boosting oxygen and blood supply to the heart muscle by expanding coronary arteries within the heart. Nicostar 5 mg tablets are helpful for adults who cannot tolerate other heart medications such as calcium antagonists or beta-blockers....
Directions for Use of Nicostar 5 MG
- Nicostar 5 mg tablets can be taken with or without food.
- It should be swallowed with water without crushing or breaking the tablet.
- Take this medicine on an advised schedule every day at about the same time.
- Your cardiologist will decide the frequency and dose of administration. This may change over time, depending on how well it works for you.
- Please do not stop taking it without visiting your cardiologist, as your chest discomfort may return on sudden stoppage.
- To improve your heart's overall health, stop smoking, reduce alcohol intake, eat well, exercise regularly, and manage your stress levels.
Interactions of Nicostar 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Nicostar 5 mg tablets may interact with medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction (vardenafil, sildenafil, tadalafil), causing a drop in blood pressure.
- Nicostar 5 mg tablet interaction with medications that treat pulmonary hypertension (riociguat) may increase hypotensive activities.
- Nicostar 5 mg tablet interaction with medicine to treat premature ejaculation (dapoxetine) may reduce orthostatic tolerance.
- Nicostar 5 mg tablets may interact with pain relievers (aspirin) and steroids (prednisolone) and increase the risk of gastrointestinal perforation.
- Nicostar 5 mg tablets may interact with high blood pressure-lowering medicines like lisinopril, ramipril, and losartan and cause a serious blood pressure drop.
Storage and disposal of Nicostar 5 MG
Nicostar 5 mg tablets should be kept in a cool, dark area away from direct sunlight and heat. Keep the medicine out of reach of kids and make sure they don't swallow Nicostar 5 mg tablets by mistake. Check the expiration date on the Nicostar 5 mg tablet before taking it. Dispose of unused Nicostar 5 mg tablets properly, so they are not consumed by pets or stray animals....
Dosage of Nicostar 5 MG
In case of accidental overdose, the person needs to be sent to the hospital right away. The person may have symptoms of low blood pressure, such as weakness or dizziness and a fast or erratic heartbeat. Nicostar 5 mg tablet overdose is dangerous....
Missed a Dose
Don't miss or forget to take the Nicostar 5 mg tablet at the scheduled time. Just remember to take a Nicostar 5 mg tablet as soon as you remember. Please visit your cardiologist if you are unsure or have any other concerns....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I have to keep taking Nicostar 5 tablets?
A: Take your medicine for as long as your doctor recommends it. Nicostar 5 tablets are often used for a lengthy period. You may have to take it for the rest of your life.
Q: Can Nicostar 5 tablet have an impact on my sex life?
A: Nicostar 5 tablets will not impact your sex life. However, it is not advisable to take medications for erectile dysfunction (sildenafil or tadalafil) and premature ejaculation (vardenafil or dapoxetine) while on treatment with this medicine. When used together, they can cause a significant reduction in blood pressure.
Q: Is it possible for me to quit taking Nicostar 5 tablets?
A: You should not discontinue taking Nicostar 5 tablets without first consulting a physician. Your anginal discomfort may return if you suddenly stop using the Nicostar 5 Tablet. If you have any side effects, speak with your doctor.
- Nicorandil: Ulcers and delayed wound healing (case report). React Wkly [Internet]. 2013. 1477(1): 24–24 [cited 2022 Mar 26] -
- TGA eBS: Product and Consumer Medicine Information Licence [Internet]. www.ebs.tga.gov.au [cited 2022 Mar 26] -
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in [cited 2022 Mar 26]. Available from:
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets [Internet]. www.medicines.org.uk [cited 2022 Mar 26] -
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.