Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
This product is discontinued
Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets contains a combination of Paracetamol and Caffeine. It is a painkiller medicine used to treat various types of pain, such as headache, migraine, toothache, and nerve pain. Paracetamol works by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins, a chemical in the body responsible for pain and inflammation. Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant and helps to reduce pain. Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women and children below the age of 12 years.
Uses of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets is used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain like headache, migraine, toothache, sore throat, period pains, nerve pain.
- It provides relief of the symptoms of sprains, muscle pains, joint swelling, and stiffness.
Contraindications of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Caffeine or Paracetamol or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure and any heart diseases
- If you have a history of anxiety
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding women
- If your age is below 12 years
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric diseases, anxiety, decongestants, and high blood pressure
Side effects of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Severe allergic reactions like difficulty in breathing, swelling of throat, face, lips
- Nervousness, dizziness, anxiety
- Headache, ringing in the ears
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stomach ache, urge to urinate frequently
Precautions and Warnings of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
Can I take Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets during pregnancy?
Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets is not recommended during pregnancy. There is an increased risk of lower birth weight. Inform your doctor if you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine.
Can I take Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Contents of this medicine can pass into breast milk and may affect the baby's health. The use of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets is not recommended while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets?
Avoid the intake of alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from severe kidney or liver problem
- You feel skin rash, yellowing of the skin, and unusual bruising
Mode of Action of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Paracetamol works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling, and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain, which is responsible for controlling body temperature.read less
- Caffeine is a CNS stimulant. It helps in relieving pain and helps in improving the effectiveness of Paracetamol.
Directions for Use of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose
Interactions of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- Medicines for thyroid diseases, other medicines such as theophylline, Disulfiram, Phenytoin, Colestyramine, and Warfarin should be used cautiously while taking Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets.
Interactions with food items
Intake of Caffeine-containing food should be avoided while taking Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, direct sunlight, and heat. Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. If you experience any of the symptoms or you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How frequently can I take this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine as directed by your doctor. It can be taken 6 hourly but only when prescribed by your doctor. The dose and duration depend upon the cause of illness and your response to the treatment. If there is no improvement in your condition after three days, inform your doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before starting Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets?
A: Inform your doctor about your detailed medical and surgical history. Also, inform about all other medicines, herbal preparations, and over-the-counter products (OTC) you are taking.
Q: Is Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets safe to use?
A: Yes, Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets is safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may show allergic reactions. You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women or have any bleeding disorders.
Other Variants for
Combiflam Plus Strip Of 4 Tablets
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved