Clinsol 1% Tube Of 15gm Gel
Clinsol gel is an anti-acne medication. It is a topical preparation used for the management of acne, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads. Faceclin gel, Glocin gel, Nioclean gel, Acnestar gel and Femcinol A gel also have similar ingredients as Clinsol gel.
Acne is a common skin condition that develops when oil and dead skin cells block the hair follicles. It may develop whiteheads, blackheads, pimples or acne cysts. Bacteria on the skin may cause inflammation and infection, leading to more severe acne. Acne is more common in teenagers, but anyone can get acne.
It contains a combination of clindamycin and nicotinamide as its active ingredients. Nicotinamide/niacin is a form of vitamin B3 and clindamycin is an antibiotic. Clinsol gel works by reducing the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria. It also helps lighten the after-marks due to pimples, acne and other skin problems.
You may experience a few side effects of Clinsol gel, such as skin dryness, itching and a burning sensation. Usually, these side effects are temporary and go away with time. However, you should report to your doctor if these side effects persist or worsen.
|₹25.50 (30% on MRP)
|Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %) + Clindamycin(1.0 %)
|Acne, whiteheads, pimples, blackheads
|Skin irritation, itching, burning
Uses of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
Contraindications of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, nicotinamide or any other ingredient of Clinsol gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation and peeling of the skin.
- You had or currently have a condition of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane.
- Do not use this medicine for other purposes without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use Clinsol gel for a prolonged period of time. This medicine is not meant to be used for children.
Directions for Use of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
- Use Clinsol gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean your skin with a mild water-based cleanser before applying this gel.
- Apply gently to the affected area by placing a small amount on your fingertips.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
- Store this medicine at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Quick Tips of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
- Clinsol gel is an anti-acne medication. It is a topical preparation used for the management of acne, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Clinsol gel is meant only for external application. Do not ingest it.
- This gel should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Do not use this medication to treat other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor, if you are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- Do not use more than the recommended amount of this medicine or do not use it for longer periods of time than directed.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine. If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Dosage of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
How Does It Work?
- Clinsol Gel works by the combined action of its two constituents.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is a natural anti-inflammatory agent; it reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates oil production in the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimples, acne and other skin problems....
Interactions of CLINSOL 1% TUBE OF 15GM GEL
Interactions with other medicines
- Clinsol Gel is meant for topical application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other oral medicines. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol and fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with these medicines. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Clinsol Gel for children?
Q: Can I use Clinsol gel in viral infections?
Q: Is Clinsol gel good for oily skin?
Q: How to use Clinsol gel on the face?
Q: Does Clinsol gel work on pores?
Q: Is Clinsol gel good for pimples?
Q: Is Clinsol gel good for everyday use?
Q: How do I store Clinsol gel?
Q: Does Clinsol gel work on hives?
Q: What are the side effects that I can experience on the application of Clinsol gel?
Q: What is Clinsol gel used for?
Q: How many days should we use Clinsol Gel?
Q: Clinsol gel vs Acnestar gel, are they the same?
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Freederm Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Cleocin T, Clindagel (clindamycin topical) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- AcneStar Gel You define beauty and grace | AcneStar Gel [Internet]. AcneStar. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]