Clinsol 1% Gel
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clinsol Gel is an antiacne preparation. It contains Clindamycin and Nicotinamide as the main ingredients. Clinsol Gel is used for the management of acne, whiteheads, and blackheads. It also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. Clindamycin present in this gel is an antibiotic, and Nicotinamide or Niacin is a form of vitamin B3. You should avoid excessive use of makeup, and other cosmetic products on your skin when using this gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not pop acne as it leads to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
Uses of Clinsol 1% Gel
- Clinsol Gel is used for the management of skin problems such as acne, whiteheads, pimples, and blackheads
Contraindications of Clinsol 1% Gel
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin or Nicotinamide
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use
Side effects of Clinsol 1% Gel
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Clinsol 1% Gel
Can I use Clinsol Gel during pregnancy?
Clinsol Gel is applied to the skin, and the quantities that might get absorbed from the skin are less. Thus, the chances of side effects are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision, especially in the first trimester. In case you are prescribed with this medicine. Avoid using it on larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Clinsol Gel while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Is it safe to drive if I have applied Clinsol Gel?
No information is available on the ability to drive as it is to be applied topically.
Can I consume alcohol with Clinsol Gel?
Alcohol is known to worsen the infection and inflammation. It is better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed with this ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction
- If you are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation, and peeling of skin
- If you had or currently have a condition of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose or mucous membrane
- Do not use this medicine for other purposes without consulting a doctor
- Do not use this medicine for a prolonged period of time
- This medicine is not meant to be used for children
Mode of Action of Clinsol 1% Gel
How Does It Work?
- Clinsol Gel works by the combined action of its two constituents
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria
- Nicotinamide is a natural anti-inflammatory agent; it reduces the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates oil production in the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimple, acne and other skin problemsread less
Directions for Use of Clinsol 1% Gel
- Use this gel as prescribed by your doctor
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin
Interactions of Clinsol 1% Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Clinsol Gel contains Clindamycin & Nicotinamide. Any interaction was seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Since Clinsol Gel is meant for topical application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicineread less
- Be cautious if you are taking blood thinners such as Warfarin, Acenocoumarol, and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with these medicines. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommendedread less
Storage and disposal of Clinsol 1% Gel
- Store this medicine at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Clinsol 1% Gel
Clinsol Gel is meant for external application only. Therefore the cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any application of this gel, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next application, skip the missed one, and continue with your regular schedule. Do not overapply this gel to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Clinsol Gel for children?
A: Clinsol Gel in pediatric patients under the age of 12 has not been established due to inadequate data on its safety. Thus, it should not be used for children.
Q: Can I use Clinsol Gel in viral infections?
A: No, Clinsol Gel contains Clindamycin which is an antibacterial medicine and is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Clinsol Gel good for oily skin?
A: Yes, it is suitable for all skin types. It helps in controlling the excessive oil production in the skin due to the presence of nicotinamide component.
Q: How to use Clinsol Gel on the face?
A: Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry. Wash your hands before applying the Clinsol Gel. Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed. Avoid touching and pressing the acne or pimple too firmly while applying it. Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Does Clinsol Gel work on pores?
A: The size of skin pores is usually inherited, and Clinsol Gel may directly not affect the size of pores. However, Nicotinamide present in this gel is known to control excessive oil production, which can help in reducing the pore size due to acne and pimples.
Q: Is Clinsol Gel good for pimples?
A: Yes, it is very helpful in controlling pimples and also helps in lightening the after marks.
Q: Is Clinsol Gel good for everyday use?
A: Yes, it can be used every day till your skin problem subsides in the doses prescribed by your doctor. Please do not use it for a prolonged duration on skin.
Q: How do I store Clinsol 1 % gel ?
A: Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and heat. Place the cap tightly after use. Do not use it after the expiry date. Keep away from children.
Q: Does Clinsol 1% Gel work on hives?
A: No, Clinsol 1% Gel is intended to be used for treatment of acne, pimples, blackheads and white heads. Please consult your doctor before use as Hives may require an antiallergic medication.
Q: What are the side-effects that I can experience on application of Clinsol 1 % Gel ?
A: Some may experience following side-effects like Burning, itching, irritation, redness, swelling may occur along with dry skin on application of Clinsol 1 % Gel
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹11.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %),Clindamycin(1.0 %)|
|Uses||Acne, whiteheads, pimples, blackheads|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, iItching, dry skin, oily skin, burning|
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved