Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel Description
Candid Mouth Gel is used for mouth ulcers and sores. It contains two active components choline Salicylate and Lidocaine that belong to a class of medicines called NSAID's and local anaesthetic respec
tively. It provides symptomatic relief in discomfort, pain, burning sensation, swelling, pain or redness due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces. Candid Mouth Gel is meant for topical use only. You may rarely experience side effects like application site swelling or itching while on treatment with this mouth gel. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Do not use it if you are allergic to any of its components. Use it as directed by the doctor or pharmacist. Do not use it more than that prescribed by the doctor. Keep your hands clean before applying this gel to the affected area. Use plenty of water to rehydrate. Do confirm Candid Mouth Gel dosage with your pharmacist. Please do not modify the dose or stop it before the prescribed duration, even if you feel better. In case of any unusual observation, contact your physician immediately.
|You Save||₹6.30 (6% on MRP)|
|Contains||Choline Salicylate(8.7 %W/W) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %W/W)|
|Uses||Mouth sores and ulcers|
|Side effects||Application site reactions (uncommon)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR APHTHOUS ULCERS|
Uses of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
- Candid Mouth Gel uses include the symptomatic relief in pain and discomfort associated with mouth ulcers or injury due to any dental attachments.
Contraindications of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
- If you are allergic to it or any of the components of this Candid Mouth Gel.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are suffering from peptic ulcers.
- It should not be given to children below 16 years of age.
- If you have ever had a severe allergic reaction.
Side effects of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
Precautions and Warnings of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any infections in the mouth or throat.
- You develop any allergic reactions or irritation or discomfort after applying Candid Mouth Gel.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while using this medicine.
- You have any bacterial, fungal or viral infections in the mouth or throat.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and do not swallow it while applying it in the mouth.
- Do not use Candid Mouth Gel for any other conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor.
Mode of Action of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
How Does It Work?
- It contains two active components choline Salicylate and Lidocaine.
- Choline Salicylate blocks the production of prostaglandins, which is responsible for pain and swelling.
- Lidocaine creates temporary numbness in the mucous membranes and skin by reversibly blocking the nerves when applied to an area of the body. The collective action of these two components helps in providing symptomatic relief in pain, discomfort, redness, swelling or burning sensation associated with mouth ulcers....
Directions for Use of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
- Candid Mouth Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the gel.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this medicine.
Interactions of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Candid Mouth Gel is to be used topically, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements....
- Candid Mouth Gel may interfere with thinning blood medicines (Warfarin, Heparin, etc.) and medicines that are used to treat gout or a type of arthritis due to uric acid deposits in joints (colchicine, etc)....
Storage and disposal of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
- Candid Mouth Gel should be stored at room temperature.
- Keep it away from excess heat and moisture.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Candid Tube Of 10gm Mouth Gel
- There are no cases reported due to the overdose of this drug formulation. In case of its accidental oral intake, dizziness, nausea and vomiting can happen. However, if you feel any discomfort after using this medicine, contact your doctor....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Candid Mouth Gel?
Q: What are the instructions for the storage of this medicine?
Q: Can I drink water after applying Candid Mouth Gel?
Q: How long to take Candid Mouth Gel?
Q: How to use Candid Mouth Gel?
- Use Candid Mouth Gel as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the gel.
- Take a small amount of this medicine onto your fingertip or a cotton bud and apply a thin layer on the affected area.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this gel.
- It is strictly for local (topical) application only and should not be swallowed.
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I use Candid Mouth Gel tube?
- Yes, this medicine can be used in a diabetic patient but with a lot of precaution. It is mandatory to consult and inform the doctor.
Q: Can we swallow Candid Mouth Gel?
- No, you should not swallow Candid Mouth Gel. In case of accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Q: How long does it take for Candid Mouth Gel to take effect?
- Candid Mouth Gel starts showing its effect within few minutes after its application.