Lornoxicam is a non-steroidal drug for swelling and pain (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug- NSAID) used to reduce the pain and swelling of patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Uses of Lornoxicam
- Pain and swelling of joints (osteoarthritis)
- Severe joint disease (rheumatoid arthritis)
Contraindications of Lornoxicam
When should one not use Lornoxicam
- Allergic to Lornoxicam or any other excipients of the product
- Allergic to pain medicines (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs)
- Asthma, swelling in the nose, swelling under skin or red bumps on the skin
- Kidney or liver diseases
- Stomach ulcers
- History of bleeding or perforation related to previous NSAIDs therapy
- Low levels of blood platelets (thrombocytes)
- History of heart failure
- History of stomach or intestinal bleeding
- Brain-related internal bleeding or other bleeding disorders
Side effects of Lornoxicam
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Allergic reaction like fever, chills, rash, hives, breathing difficulty, swelling over your face, lips, throat, running/stuffy nose and sneezing
- Swelling (inflammation) of the intestine
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and indigestion
- Blood disorders
- Vision trouble, sensitivity to light
- Drowsiness or sleeplessness
- Fluid retention
- High blood pressure
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin death, rash and peeling
Precautions and Warnings of Lornoxicam
Can I take Lornoxicam during pregnancy?
Taking Lornoxicam during pregnancy may harm an unborn baby. It may increase the risk of miscarriage. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy before using this medicine.
Can I take Lornoxicam while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding as no information is available on the excretion of Lornoxicam in human milk, however Lornoxicam should not be used if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lornoxicam?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy or drowsy, do not drive or operate machines if you are taking Lornoxicam.
Can I consume alcohol with Lornoxicam?
No information is available on interactions of Lornoxicam when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Above 65 years of age
- You have high cholesterol
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have any heart-related problems
- You have diabetes
- You have hereditary problems of glucose intolerance
Mode of Action of Lornoxicam
How Does It Work?
It inhibits the action of chemicals responsible for the pain, swelling, tenderness and fever.
Interactions of Lornoxicam
Interactions with other medicines
- Lornoxicam increases the effect of Methotrexate, Digoxin, Sulphonylureas and anticoagulants
- Lornoxicam has a fatal impact with Lithium toxicity
- Lornoxicam decreases the effect of blood pressure medicines of class ACE-inhibitors and water pills (Diuretics)
- Blood concentration of Lornoxicam rises when given along with Cimetidine
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of Lornoxicam when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dietary Restrictions of Lornoxicam
No information is available on dietary restrictions while you are taking Lornoxicam, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dosage of Lornoxicam
Symptoms are nausea, vomiting, brain-related symptoms (dizziness, disturbances in vision). Severe symptoms are cramps, poor control over movements gradually ascending to coma, liver or kidney damage and severe bleeding disorders. Seek emergency medical care immediately if you suspect an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take medicine when you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, don’t take the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule. Do not take double the dose to compensate for a missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Lornoxicam?
A: You must inform your doctor if you are suffering from any heart, kidney, liver diseases, bleeding disorders, high blood pressure or asthma. Inform your doctor if you have any active infection or if you have an allergy to Lornoxicam or any other medicine. Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations.
Q: What should I avoid while taking Lornoxicam?
A: Be careful while performing tasks that need you to be alert like driving or operating a machine. Lornoxicam can impair your ability to perform hazardous tasks by some of its side effects like drowsiness.
Last Updated on: 05 Oct 2020 | 10:47 PM (IST)
Recent articlesView More
TodayLivEasy Essentials 4-in-1 Steam Vaporizer: For Speedy Relief From Common Cold
Is there anyone who doesn’t have their routine disrupted by bouts of common cold and flu, especially during the winter? Even though these infections are fairly harmless, they ...
2 days agoAllergy March – Have You Heard Of It? By #AllergyFree- A Sanofi India Initiative
Very common in children, an allergy march is when a kid starts to get allergies in a specific order. It’s a condition that starts from eczema, then food allergies and hay feve...
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Medicines containing Lornoxicam
+ View More Medicines
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved