Healthkart Iron + Folic Acid - 60 Capsules
The HealthKart Iron plus Folic Acid Supplement is a daily nutritional supplement that is highly beneficial in supplying your body with an adequate amount of Iron and Folic Acid, to aid in its healthy functioning. It helps to make up for the deficiency often met as a result of inadequate dietary intake or increased loss of these nutrients. Our body requires Folate, Vitamin B12 and Iron to produce healthy Red Blood Cells. As a result, a deficiency in these may lead to anemia which will adversely affect your health. This supplement contains Iron in the form of Ferrous bis-glycinate along with Zinc, which increases the haemoglobin levels better than other conventionally used Iron salts. It also ensures better compliance due to minimal side effects. It also enhances immunity. This product is formulated to be safe and effective and it is overall the perfect dietary supplement to incorporate into your daily dietary regime.
- Enhances Brain Function - It helps by improving the oxygen supply to the brain. Iron also has the potential to create new neural pathways that can prevent diseases such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improves Muscle Contraction - It prevents muscle weakness and helps to maintain the tone and elasticity of your muscles.
- Reduces Fatigue - With adequate iron content in your body, oxygen is delivered to the tissues and organs more efficiently, thereby, preventing fatigue.
- Maintains Haemoglobin Levels - The consumption of this supplement can help to maintain the haemoglobin level in the body. In addition, Zinc in combination with Iron may help increase haemoglobin levels better than Iron alone.
- Better Reproductive Health - It can enhance the reproductive health of females in addition to being beneficial in preventing several birth defects in the fetus as well as preventing preterm birth, sepsis, anemia, etc, during pregnancy.
- Boosts Immunity - This supplement contains vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin B12, which are effective in enhancing your immunity.
- Increases RBC Count - It supplies the necessary Folate and B12 that are needed to produce healthy red blood cells, thereby, preventing and treating prevent anemia.
- Scientifically formulated - It is scientifically formulated to be safe and effective.
- Better Patient Compliance - It has fewer gastrointestinal tract side effects compared to other conventional Iron supplements.
Spinacia oleracea, Bulking agent [INS 460 (i)], Ferrous bis-glycinate, Zinc gluconate, Vitamin C, Disintegrant [INS 468], Diluent [Di-calcium phosphate], Anti-caking agent [INS 551], Glazing agent [INS-553 (iii)], Folic acid and Vitamin B12.
- It is used to prevent and treat anemia by increasing the levels of RBCs and Haemoglobin.
- It has an immunity-boosting action.
- It may aid in improving brain function in addition to preventing degenerative disorders.
- It reduces fatigue and maintains muscle strength.
- It ensures better reproductive health for women.
- It prevents neural tube defects and other birth defects in the fetus during pregnancy.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage.
- Consult your healthcare professional before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition.
Q1. What is the shelf life of this product?
Ans: The shelf life of this product is 18 months from the date of manufacture.
Q2. Why is Iron and Folic Acid important in pregnancy?
Ans: WHO recommends that a daily oral iron and folic acid supplementation with 30 mg to 60 mg of elemental iron and 400 µg (0.4 mg) folic acid is needed for pregnant women to prevent maternal anaemia, puerperal sepsis, low birth weight and preterm birth.