Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
By ALLERGAN INDIA PVT LTD
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Refresh Tears Eye Drops are used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or due to exposure to wind or sun. It contains Carboxymethylcellulose as it's active ingredient. It helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eye can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using Refresh Tears, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
Refresh Tears Eye Drops is used for the temporary relief of burning, irritation and discomfort due to the dryness of the eye
Contraindications of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
If you are hypersensitive to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Refresh Tears eye drops
Side effects of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
Can I instil Refresh Tears Eye Drops during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Refresh Tears Eye Drops in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Refresh Tears Eye Drops while breastfeeding?
Refresh Tears Eye Drops can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application and chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Refresh Tears Eye Drops?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and inability to recognize objects properly. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Refresh Tears Eye Drops?
There is no information available on the interaction of this Refresh Tears with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the installation of Refresh Tears.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
Our eyes continuously produce teras and store it in a sac-like structure in the eyes. When there is a decrease in the production of tears, it leads to drying of eyes which causes further irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Refresh Tears eye drops has a high viscosity which prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes.
Directions for Use of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
- Use Refresh Tears eye drops as advised by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using Refresh Tears eye drops.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Refresh Tears, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
- Store Refresh Tears eye drops at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Refresh Tears 0.5% Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
As Refresh Tears eye drops are meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Refresh Tears eye drops, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Refresh Tears eye drops be used with contact lenses?
A: No, it is advisable to remove contact lenses and then instil the Refresh Tears eye drops. You can use the lenses 15 mins after instilling the drops.
Q: Can Refresh Tears be used for the ears?
A: No, Refresh Tears is an eye drop and should only be used in the eyes.
Q: How to open Refresh tears eye drops?
A: You should follow the instructions provided on the packing. Twist the nozzle in the direction shown and break the seal. Now tighten the nozzle again. Shake well before using Refresh Tears eye drops.
Q: Is Refresh Tears Eye Drops safe for babies?
A: The safety and efficacy of Refresh tears in babies and children have not been established. No information is available.
Q: What is the use of Refresh Tears Eye Drops?
A: Refresh Tears eye drops are used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Are Refresh Tears and Systane the same?
A: No, Refresh Tears contains Carboxymethylcellulose and Systane contains Propylene Glycol. Both these medicines are used for dry eyes. Your doctor will prescribe you with one of these after accessing your condition. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Are Refresh tears eye drops poisonous?
A: No, Refresh tears eye drops are not poisonous, not many side effects have been noted. However, it is better to use it, in doses and frequency as recommended by your doctor.
Q: Can I use Refresh Tears eye drops frequently?
A: Although Refresh Tears eye drops are safe for use, it should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Refresh Tears eye drops cause cataract?
A: There is no information suggesting the use of Refresh Tears can lead to cataract formation. Refresh tears are safe with a minimal side effect profile.
Q: Can you put Refresh tears at night?
A: Yes, you can use Refresh Tears at any time of the day. However, it is important to abide by your doctor’s prescription.
Q: Do Refresh Tears have any effects on the heart?
A: Refresh Tears contain Carboxymethylcellulose that does not get absorbed in your blood in significant concentration, to cause any systemic illness, including heart diseases.
Q: Does Refresh Tears eye drops make you feel depressed?
A: No, Refresh tears eye drops will not make you feel depressed. However, if you feel depressed at any time during your treatment, you should seek help from caregivers.
- DailyMed. Artificial tears. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- DailyMed. Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Medscape. Carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Refresh tears. [Accessed on 04-Apr-2021] (online)
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:32 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved