Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab composition includes an amalgamation of ramipril and metoprolol. Ramipril belongs to a class of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors; while, metoprolol belongs to a class of beta blockers. This combination is used in treating high blood pressure and reducing the risk for stroke and heart attack.
Uses of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
- Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab uses are for treating chronic congestive heart failure (CCF), complications after a heart attack (myocardial infarction) and high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Ramipril/ Metoprolol
- Severe liver disease.
- Ever had “Angioedema” (itching hives, swelling of face, tongue, throat, difficulty in breathing).
- Have a condition call renal artery stenosis where blood supply to kidney is hampered.
- Too low blood pressure.
Side effects of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
- Dry cough, low blood pressure, headache, dizziness, fatigue and drowsiness.
- Certain neuropsychological disturbances like unusual dreams, ataxia(loss of full control over body movements), sleeplessness, depression and vision problem.
- Skin rash.
- Cramps in legs.
- Increase potassium levels in blood test.
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Abnormal kidney function.
- Stomach pain, constipation.
- Shortness of breath.
- It is known to worsen diabetes.
- Few cases have reported sexual dysfunction.
Precautions and Warnings of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
Can I take Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab during pregnancy?
The dose of this medication is not recommended during pregnancy. It can be harmful to the baby. If pregnancy is expected, do not start treatment with this medication. If pregnancy is detected while on Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab, the drug should be discontinued as soon as possible.
Can I take Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
You should not take Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab?
If you feel dizzy while taking Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab, please try to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab?
Alcohol consumption with Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab can cause dizziness or light-headedness. Therefore, caution is advised.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Inform your doctor if you have heart problems; liver conditions; kidney problems; low sodium levels in blood; high potassium levels in blood; medicines you are taking including the supplements and herbals; disease conditions such as diabetes; scleroderma (a condition causing hardening of skin) and systemic lupus (affecting your immunity).
Mode of Action of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) helps in forming angiotensin, which causes spasm or tightening of healthy blood vessels. ACE inhibitors like ramipril work by decreasing angiotensin, thereby making the blood flow smooth, and making sure that the heart can pump blood more efficiently while lowering the blood pressure. The heart rate is slowed down by metoprolol, thereby relaxing the blood vessels. Because of this, the heart does not have to work hard to pump blood.
Directions for Use of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
This medicine is to be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab dosage is to be taken with food.
Interactions of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
All angiotensin receptor blockers, e.g., valsartan. Pregabalin. Aspirin. Azathioprine. Medicines used to treat fits like phenobarbital. Medicines used to treat heart problems like amlodipine. Medicines used to treat pain or fever like diclofenac. Antidepressants like fluoxetine. Antipsychotic medicine. Antiretroviral like ritonavir. Antihistamine like diphenhydramine. Medicines used in malaria such as hydroxychloroquine. Medicines used to treat any fungal infection. If the below drugs are taken along with Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab these are known to increase serum potassium in your blood such as spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, potassium salts, trimethoprim alone or in combination with sulfamethoxazole (for infections) and heparin (for thinning blood).
Interactions with food items
This drug has interactions with apple, grapefruit and orange juice. Hence, the usage of these fruits during its course should be avoided.
Other general Interactions
- If you have heart, liver or kidney problems.
- If you have diabetes, caution is required, metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc.read less
- If you have asthma or COPD.
- If you suffer from heart conduction disorder (AV block).
- If you have a type of chest pain (Prinz metal’s angina).
- If you have high amounts of potassium in your blood (shown in blood test results).
- If you have low sodium levels in your blood.
- If you have collagen vascular disease such as scleroderma or systemic lupus erythematosus.
Storage and disposal of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
- Keep the medicine at the temperature of 59°F–86°F (15°C–30°C).
- Do not freeze this drug. Keep it away from light and high temperature and moist or damp areas, such as bathrooms.
Dosage of Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab
You must strictly avoid overdose, as it may lead to fatal consequences. The immediate symptoms of overdose are lethargy, breathing disorders, wheezing (whistle –like sound from the chest), missing heartbeat, extremely Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab overdose can cause low blood pressure, increased levels of sodium or potassium in blood, sudden kidney failure, excessive slowing of heartbeats, swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs, shakiness, dizziness, sweating or confusion, blurred vision, headache, pale colour, numbness or tingling of the mouth etc. Emergency medical attention is strictly advised in case of an overdose.
If any dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as you recollect it. If it is time for the impending dose, skip the missed dose can be skipped and the regular dosing schedule should be followed. A double dose is not advised to make up for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab?
- Inform your doctor, if you have: any pre-existing liver or kidneys diseases, bleeding problems, etc.; been taking any OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements; and any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab.read less
Q: When should I take Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab morning or night?
A: Take this medicine in the dose, time and duration as advised by your doctor. You may be advised to take your first dose before bedtime, because it can make you dizzy. After the very first dose, you can take Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab at any time during the day. The tablet is supposed to taken at the same particular time every day.
Q: Can I eat bananas while taking Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab?
A: Banana is a potassium powerhouse so it is typically a good choice for those seeking to reduce their risk of cancer, stroke and heart diseases. However, eating too many potassium-rich foods like bananas, oranges and green, leafy vegetables can be problematic, if a person is taking ACE inhibitors. The potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods should be, therefore, be avoided at any cost.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab?
A: A low fat and fibre-rich diet should be followed as Cardace Meto 2.5mg Tab tablet may cause constipation.
Q: Can high blood pressure cause dizziness?
A: Dizziness is not directly caused by high blood pressure, but it can be a side effect of some blood pressure medications.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Ramipril 1.25 mg, 2.5 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg tablets.
- National Health Services. Ramipril.
- Mayo Clinic. Ramipril (Oral route).
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Metoprolol tartrate 50 mg film-coated tablets. Metoprolol tartrate 100 mg film-coated tablets. Metoprolol tartrate.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved