Asthalin 2.5mg 2.5ml Packet Of 5 Respules
Asthalin 2.5 MG Description
Asthalin respules contains salbutamol as its active medicine packed in the form of powder for inhalation. It is used to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sounds while breathing, which are the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma.
COPD is a condition where your lung is damaged and makes the passage of air in the lungs difficult. Whereas asthma is a condition where the airways get narrowed resulting in difficulty breathing.
Salbutamol helps to provide relief from breathing difficulty due to asthma, allergic conditions and exertion in children over 4 years and adults. Complete treatment of asthma includes some other medicines along with Asthalin respules.
|You Save||₹5.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(2.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, feeling bit shaky, increased heart rate|
Uses of Asthalin 2.5 MG
- Wheezing, shortness of breath due to an allergic reaction (allergic bronchitis)
- Exertion/exercise-induced breathing difficulty
Contraindications of Asthalin 2.5 MG
Side effects of Asthalin 2.5 MG
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Increased heart rate (palpitation)
- Muscle cramps
- Irritation in the throat, cough immediately after inhalation can be avoided by rinsing the mouth after using the inhaler
- Rashes, swelling in and around the mouth leading to difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are diabetic.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infection in your lungs or airways.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You need to use this inhaler more frequently than the frequency recommended by your doctor.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
- You are allergic to milk (lactose or galactose intolerance).
Directions for Use of Asthalin 2.5 MG
- Use Asthalin respules exactly as per indications from your physician.
- Carefully read the instructions for the use of nebulizers from the leaflet which comes with the nebulizer.
- Do not stop taking Asthalin without consulting your doctor, even if you feel relieved after taking a few doses.
- Rinse your mouth after every use to prevent fungal infection & wash your face to avoid any facial irritation.
- Clean the nebulizer after every use as per the instructions mentioned.
Storage and disposal of Asthalin 2.5 MG
- Store Asthalin respules in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Asthalin 2.5 MG
- Asthalin respules is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Asthalin respules also helps in relieving bronchospasm (tightening of the muscles that line the airways in your lungs), coughing, wheezing and difficulty in breathing.
- Take Asthalin respules as instructed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Use it as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not take Asthalin respules if you are allergic to any of its components.
- Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
- Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age.
- Talk to your doctor if you experience allergic reactions such as hives, itching or swelling after taking this respules.
Dosage of Asthalin 2.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Asthalin 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Asthalin 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Asthalin respules should be done with caution.
- Medicines for mental disorders should be administered carefully.
- If medicines for any heart problem is going on.
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on.
- If any other medicine for asthma or xanthine medicines (theophylline, aminophylline) can disturb blood potassium levels.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Asthalin respules?
- Follow the given steps carefully to use Asthalin respules-
- It is important to breathe as slowly as possible just before using your inhaler.
- Stand or sit upright when using your inhaler. Remove the mouthpiece cover. Check inside and outside to make sure that the mouthpiece is clean and free of loose objects.
- Shake the inhaler 4 or 5 times to ensure that any loose objects are removed and that the contents of the inhaler are evenly mixed.
- Hold the inhaler upright with your thumb on the base, below the mouthpiece. Breathe out as far as is comfortable. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth. Close your lips around it. Do not bite....
- Breathe in through your mouth slowly and deeply. Just after starting to breathe in, press firmly down on the top of the canister to release a puff of medicine. Do this while still breathing in steadily and deeply....
- Hold your breath, take the inhaler from your mouth and your finger from the top of the inhaler and continue holding your breath for a few seconds or as long as is comfortable.
- Wait for about half a minute between taking each puff of medicine and then repeat steps 3 to 7.
- Afterwards, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out and/or brush your teeth. This may help to stop you from getting throat irritation and becoming hoarse.
- After use always replace the mouthpiece cover straight away to keep out dust. When the mouthpiece cover is fitted correctly it will ‘click’ into position. If it does not ‘click’ into place, turn the mouthpiece cover the other way round and try again....
Q: Is Asthalin respules addictive?
Q: Is Asthalin respules a steroid?
Q: What precautions should I take while using Asthalin respules?
- Make sure you always keep Asthalin respules with you.
- Get a new inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Q: Can we use Asthalin respules in nebulizer?
Q: How many times Asthalin can be taken?
Q: Is Asthalin respules a habit-forming medicine?
Q: What is the composition of Asthalin respules?
Q: What are the side effects of Asthalin respules?
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 100mcg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Easyhaler Salbutamol 100mcg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO. Salbutamol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Albuterol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Salbutamol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Salbutamol - Medicine - NHS [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- ASTHALIN 100MCG BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- ASTHALIN 200MCG BOX OF 60 ROTACAPS
- ASTHALIN SYRUP 100ML
- ASTHALIN 4MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN RESPIRATOR SOLU 15ML
- ASTHALIN 4MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN AX SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS