Zolfresh 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Doctors prescribe Zolfresh 5 mg to manage Insomnia, a sleep disorder. The disorder causes difficulty in falling asleep and staying asleep. Zolfresh is a sedative that comes in the category of a sedative-hypnotics class of medicines. These medicines have a calming effect on the brain. They work by bringing about certain changes in the brain chemicals. Zolpidem, the active ingredient in the medicine, has a rapid onset of action, thereby inducing sleep rapidly and improving the quality of sleep. The dosage and the duration of the course should be taken according to the advice of the doctor. The duration of the course of treatment is usually short, up to four weeks. The medicine is withdrawn as is recommended by the medical practitioner....
|You Save||₹16.28 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||-Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain, Hives, Itching, Rashes, Swelling of face, lips, tongue, Fast heartbeats, Drowsiness, Forgetfulness, Tiredness, Constipation, Gas, Altered senses|
Check more medicines with composition as Zolpidem(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Zolfresh 5 MG
- Insomnia - Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
Contraindications of Zolfresh 5 MG
- If you are allergic to the ingredients in Zolfresh.
- If you are a pregnant woman or planning for pregnancy.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you have a history of any mental illness, depression or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have a history of kidney or liver disease.
- If you have breathing problems, bronchitis, asthma.
- If you regularly consume alcohol or drugs.
- If you are above 65 years, it is not advisable for you.
Side effects of Zolfresh 5 MG
- Common side effects:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Dizziness, giddiness
- Difficulty in keeping balance
- Muscle cramps or joint pains
- Serious side effects:
- Rashes on the body, itching
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the eyes, face or lips
- Feeling choked in the throat
- Chest pain or fast, forceful heartbeat
- Any vision problem, blurred vision
- Change in the voice
- Continued vomiting
- Rare side effects are:
- Burning or tingling sensation in legs and arms
- Blood in the urine
- Black stools
- Cold sweats and chills
- Rapidly changing moods, crying, unresponsive and uninterested
- Trouble in walking
- Yellow eyes and skin
- If any of these symptoms are persistent, then consult the doctor immediately.
Precautions and Warnings of Zolfresh 5 MG
Can I take Zolfresh during pregnancy?
No. Zolfresh is not recommended during pregnancy as it may cause adverse pregnancy outcomes. You should discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of taking it during pregnancy.
Can I take Zolfresh while breastfeeding?
No. It is not advised for lactating women unless absolutely indicated. The benefits and risks should be discussed with the doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Zolfresh?
Your ability to drive may get affected due to decreased focus, even if you are completely awake. Zolpidem causes drowsiness, lack of mental alertness, lack of coordination and forgetfulness. You should avoid driving while on this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zolfresh?
You should not consume alcohol while on treatment with Zolfresh. Alcohol may increase the side effects related to the medicine. This may lead to drowsiness, dizziness, and lack of concentration.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any allergic reactions. You experience any side effects. Keep your family members informed of your medication and make them aware of the serious side effects and when to call your doctor or emergency...
- Take Zolfresh in the dosage as advised by the doctor.
- It should be continued for the advised period of time. It should not be stopped abruptly without consulting the doctor.
- Sudden withdrawal may cause adverse effects such as muscle cramps, convulsions, vomiting.
Mode of Action of Zolfresh 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zolfresh works by bringing about certain changes in the chemicals in the brain, such as binding the chemical called GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) to enhance its effects on the brain cell, thereby slowing down the activity in the brain. This helps in initiating sleep and is further helpful in staying asleep....
Directions for Use of Zolfresh 5 MG
- You should take this medication under the doctor's guidance.
- It should be taken without food as food may affect the absorption of the medicine and delay the onset of action.
- Should lead to at least seven hours of sleep. If you wake up before that, you may feel dizziness, lack of alertness and brain fog.
- Take the tablet before going to bed or when already in bed.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone.
- Contact your doctor if you experience serious side effects.
Interactions of Zolfresh 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zolfresh Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are used to manage high blood pressure
- Certain medicines taken for depression, such as Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline, Imipramine
- Medicines taken to treat fungal infections such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole
- Opioids such as Codeine, oxycodone, morphine
- Antihistamines such as Cetirizine, diphenhydramine
- Anti-anxiety medicines such as diazepam
- Medications given to treat mental illness such as clozapine, thioridazine
- Muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine
- Antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin
- St John’s wort
- Discuss with your doctor about the previous medications you are taking.
Interactions with food items
- Zolfresh interactions with food
- You can continue with the usual diet. However, Zolfresh should not be taken with or immediately after food, as food affects its absorption and delays the onset of sleep.
- You should not take alcohol when abiding by this medicine course. Taking alcohol along with Zolfresh may result in confusion, lack of focus, dizziness and drowsiness.
Storage and disposal of Zolfresh 5 MG
Store Zolfresh medicine in a dry, cool place, away from heat and humidity. Keep the tablets in the same packing as they came. Keep them out of reach of children. The tablets that are not needed anymore should be safely disposed of to avoid any accidental usage. They should not be flushed in the toilet....
Dosage of Zolfresh 5 MG
Symptoms of overdosage include loss of consciousness, difficulty in breathing, convulsions, confused state of mind, drowsiness or collapse. Always keep your family members or caregiver informed of your medications and possible side effects. They can call for emergency services immediately in case the patient is unresponsive, has collapsed, has difficulty in breathing, convulsions or cannot be awakened....
Missed a Dose
Zolfresh should be taken as advised by the doctor. In case you forget to take the dose at the usual time, it can still be taken if you can remain in bed for at least 7 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Zolfresh last?
A: The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 6 to 8 hours.
Q: Does Zolfresh lead to weight gain?
A: No. It doesn’t cause weight gain. In case you have gained weight, discuss with your doctor for the possible causes, such as any change in dietary intake.
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Zolfresh suddenly?
A: Sudden withdrawal of this medicine may cause adverse effects like convulsions, unsteadiness, shakiness, trembling, excessive sweating, muscle cramps. Consult your doctor about the duration of the treatment and how to stop the medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.