Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
120 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thyronorm 25mcg tablet contains Levothyroxine as the main ingredient. It is a man-made form of a naturally occurring hormone known as thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. Thyronorm 25mcg tablet is used for the treatment of a Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient thyroid hormones. It is characterised by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to a cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle.
Uses of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
Thyronorm 25mcg tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone)
Contraindications of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredient of Thyronorm.
- If you have any disorder related to adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Increased appetite
- Weight variations
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
Can I take Thyronorm 25mcg tablet during pregnancy?
- Thyronorm 25mcg tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman may require a higher dose of this medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting doctor.read less
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Can I take Thyronorm 25mcg tablet while breastfeeding?
Thyronorm 25mcg tablet is safe to be used in lactating women. Milk production in women with hypothyroidism sometimes gets affected due to low levels of thyroxine as thyroxine plays a crucial role in the production of milk and Breast development.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thyronorm 25mcg tablet?
You can drive after consuming Thyronorm 25mcg tablet. It does not impair your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Thyronorm 25mcg tablet?
Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of the medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Thyronorm.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (over 50 years of age) and with existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm etc.
- Care is needed for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of therapy with thyronorm which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Thyronorm to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in metabolism and much physiological activity such as digestion, brain development, heart and muscle function. In Hypothyroidism, your body is unable to produce sufficient thyroid hormone and maintain optimal physiological functions. Levothyroxine provides sufficient levels of thyroid hormone by acting as a substitute for the naturally produced thyroid hormone.
Directions for Use of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 25 mcg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Thyronorm 25 mcg tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required if you are taking Thyronorm. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class.read less
- Thyronorm can interfere with the action medicines used for psychiatric disorders like Amitriptyline/Imipramine and can give side effects like an irregular heartbeat.
- Thyronorm may interfere with the action of cold preparations containing phenylephrine, painkillers, anaesthetics like ketamine and anti-hypertensive medicines like Propranolol and Atenolol.
- Medicines used to control Irregular heartbeats like Amiodarone, lipid-lowering medicines such as Lovastatin.
- Medicines used to treat fits or convulsions like Phenytoin and Carbamazepine and few medicines used for the treatment of obesity may reduce the effect of Thyronorm. Dose adjustment is required to inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.read less
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyronorm.
- Oral Contraceptives and hormonal preparations used to treat menopause symptoms may increase or decrease the effect of Thyronorm.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, soybean flour, fibre-rich food, walnuts and cottonseed meal can reduce the effect of this medication. Thus, it should not be consumed when taking Thyronorm.
Storage and disposal of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Store Thyronorm tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Thyronorm 25mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include fever, headache, muscle cramps, diarrhoea, insomnia, anxiety, sweating, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, etc. If you experience any of these symptoms or think you have taken too much of Thyronorm tablets, seek urgent medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a Diabetic Patient. Can I take Thyronorm 25mcg tablet?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken in a diabetic condition. It is mandatory to consult and inform your doctor about diabetes as there are chances that Thyronorm can affect the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and dose adjustment may be required.
Q: Is Thyronorm and Thyroxine same?
A: Thyroxine is the main ingredient present in Thyronorm contains a man-made form of naturally occurring thyroid hormone Thyroxine. It is used in the treatment of hypothyroidism, a condition of the underactive thyroid gland in which your thyroid gland fails to produce/synthesise sufficient thyroid hormones.
Q: What is the difference between Eltroxin and Thyronorm?
A: Eltroxin and Thyronorm, both contain Thyroxine as an active ingredient and are used in treating hypothyroidism, a condition of the underactive thyroid gland in which your thyroid gland fails to produce/synthesise sufficient thyroid hormones. As the active ingredient is the same in both the medicines, you can use either of them. You should only use the medicine advised by your doctor as the same shall be based on your diagnosis, medical history and test results.
Q: Can I take Thyronorm to lose weight?
A: No, this medicine is strictly not a weight loss medication. This medicine should be used if prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders.
Q: Can Thyronorm and Esomoprazole be taken together?
A: No, Esomeprazole may affect the absorption of Thyronorm. Thus, it should never be taken at the same time. Maintain a gap of 4 hours between consumption of Esomeprazole and Thyronorm.
Q: Can I take Thyronorm after breakfast?
A: Thyronorm should be taken preferably one hour before your first meal or breakfast.
Other Products from this Brand
- Thyronorm 50 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 75 Mcg Tablet 120 S
- Thyronorm 100 Mcg 120 S
- Thyronorm 50 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyronorm 12 5 Mcg Tab 120 S
- Thyronorm 125 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 150 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 62 5 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 88 Mcg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
- Thyronorm 100 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyronorm 150 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyronorm 12 5 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyronorm 75 Mcg Tablet
- Thyronorm 25 Mcg Tablet
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved