Pexep Cr 37.5mg Tablet
Pexep Cr 37.5 MG Description
Pexep Cr Tablet is used for the treatment of major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)and panic disorders (sudden or unexpected attacks of extreme fear and worry). Depression i
a mood disorder characterised by sadness, mood swings, loss of interest, feelings of hopelessness and loneliness etc. Whereas obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is characterised by repeated unwanted thoughts or sensations (obsessions) or the urge to do something over and over again (compulsions). Pexep Cr Tablet contains Paroxetine as an active ingredient. It helps increase serotonin levels in the brain. The dose of Pexep Cr Tablet should be taken as advised by your doctor. There are some side effects associated with this medicine, so it is advised to take it after the doctor’s consultation, and dosage must be carefully monitored.
|You Save||₹53.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Major Depressive Disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Confusion, Dizziness, Insomnia, Memory impairment|
Uses of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
- As per CDSCO,
- Treatment of the Major Depressive Disorder
- Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Treatment of the Panic disorder
Contraindications of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
- If you are allergic to any components of Pexep Cr Tablet.
- If you are taking Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) and antipsychotic medications.
- If you are already using other anti-anxiety or sedative medicines.
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, which increases the fluid pressure in the eyes.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have respiratory issues.
- If you have a heart condition.
- If you are pregnant and a lactating mother.
Side effects of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking Pexep Cr Tablet.
- You have any suicidal ideation or self-harming thoughts.
- You experience severe changes in thought, behaviour or mood.
- You notice a sudden decrease or loss of vision.
- Your symptoms do not improve, or there is worsening of your condition.
- You have trouble breathing or talking,
- You have withdrawal symptoms like agitation, nausea, tremor, sweating and confusion.
- You are using any ayurvedic or herbal medicines, vitamins and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
- Take the Pexep Cr Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take this medication on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Take the Tablet as a whole with a full glass of water. Do not break/crush the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not take this tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Don’t stop taking this medication suddenly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
- Do not consume if the package has been opened.
- Don’t exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, Isocarboxazid, and antidepressants, lithium, triptans, buspirone, amphetamines, tramadol, tryptophan, is strictly contraindicated as it may cause serotonin syndrome....
- Interaction with metoprolol can lead to excessive bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- Interaction with antipsychotics (haloperidol, pimozide), antihistamines, and tricyclic antidepressants can prolong QT interval on ECG.
- NSAIDs, Aspirin, and other medications that affect coagulation may interact and increase the risk of bleeding.
- The interaction of azole antifungals, clarithromycin, or CYP2C19 inhibitors (e.g. fluconazole, fluvoxamine, omeprazole) interaction may cause increased serum levels.
- Interaction with Herbal products like St john’s wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with the usual diet as food doesn’t influence the effect of the Pexep Cr Tablet. However, Avoid consuming this medicine with cola drinks, chocolates and caffeine-containing food items as it can result in serotonin syndrome (high levels of serotonin)....
Storage and disposal of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
Dosage of Pexep Cr 37.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take a Pexep Cr Tablet with other medications?
Q: Can I discontinue Pexep Cr Tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
Q: Does taking Pexep Cr Tablet can cause weight gain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Paroxetine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from
- Paroxetine: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- Stewart M. Paroxetine - Seroxat [Internet]. Patient.info. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from:
- Shrestha P, Fariba K, Abdijadid S. Paroxetine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]. Available from