Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Pacitane tablet contains Trihexyphenidyl. Pacitane tablet has anti-spasmodic properties, used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and movement disorder. Parkinson's disease is a brain disorder that can lead to loss of control over certain body functions of individuals and accompanied by shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with walking, balance, and coordination. Trihexyphenidyl inhibits the action of certain chemicals in the brain responsible for symptoms of Parkinson's and also relaxes smooth muscles. Therefore, it helps in relieving the rigidity and stiffness of muscles.
Uses of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Pacitane tablet is used to relieve symptoms of Parkinson's disease or movement disorders. Parkinson's disease's typical symptoms include shakiness, stiffness, tremors, excess salivation, and uncontrolled movements.
Contraindications of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
If you are allergic to Trihexphenidyl or any of the ingredient of Pacitane tablet.
Side effects of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Mild nausea
- Skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take a Pacitane tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the safe use of Pacitane in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take a Pacitane tablet while breastfeeding?
Constituents of the Pacitane tablet passes into breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. It is advised to consult your doctor and avoid breastfeeding while on this therapy.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Pacitane tablet?
After taking this medicine, you may experience blurred vision, dizziness, mild nausea, and sometimes mental confusion. So it is advised to be cautious before driving and operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with a Pacitane tablet?
Alcohol intake during the treatment may worsen the side effects and can cause dizziness. So, it is advised to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or any eye-related disorder.
- You have heart, liver or kidney problem and high blood pressure and this medicine should not be used.
- You have a problem in passing urine (prostate problems in men), need to be monitored closely during the treatment.
- You have stomach/intestinal problem like ulcer or heartburn.
- You are suffering from muscle weakness because you need to be monitored closely during the therapy as it can worsen the condition.
- You are an elderly person as the dose modification may be required depending on any physiological dysfunction or health condition.
Mode of Action of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Pacitane works by decreasing the activity of certain chemical messengers (acetylcholine) in the brain. It also helps in reducing the stiffness of the muscles and improves muscle control. Hence, it allows the patients to move naturally.
Directions for Use of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Take Pacitane tablet as a whole as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose or stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Pacitane tablets, along with certain medicines, should be avoided or taken with extra care. These medicines include Phenothiazines, Clozapine (used to treat mental conditions), Disopyramide (used to treat irregular heartbeat), Nefopam (for pain) and Amantadine (used for Parkinson's disease).read less
- You may experience dry mouth, constipation, and blurred vision and urinary retention if Pacitane is taken along with certain medicines acting on the brain. Patients taking these medicines need to be monitored regularly.read less
- Pacitane tablet should be consumed with a minimum gap of two hours of consumption of antacids, anti-diarrhoeal and Ketoconazole.
- Other medicines such as Metoclopramide or Domperidone (to stop vomiting), Levodopa (used to treat Parkinson's disease), Bethanechol (used to treat urinary problem) should be used with caution with Pacitane tablet.read less
Storage and disposal of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C in original packing.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- The symptoms of an overdose of Pacitane tablets include flushing, skin dryness, dilated pupils, dry mouth, faster heart rate, fever, high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, rashes on the face, confusion, hallucination, restlessness, respiratory problem.read less
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Significant overdose can also lead to death or coma.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I take more than the recommended dose of Pacitane tablet?
A: You may experience skin dryness, hallucination, mental confusion, raised body temperature, high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, sometimes even coma, or death. So it is advised to follow the doctor's instruction.
Q: What are the remedies to cure Parkinson's Disease?
A: There is no proven cure for Parkinson's Disease to date, but medicines can provide adequate symptomatic relief to the patients and help them improve their overall quality of life.
Q: Can Pacitane help in controlling anger?
A: No, it does not have any action in such problems. Better consult a psychiatrist or specialist for counselling or more information on this.
Q: How long does Pacitane take to work?
A: It varies among individuals depending on their physiology and body structure.
Q: How Pacitane helps in heart disease?
A: It does not have any action in heart-related disorders. It would be best if you refrained from taking this medicine for any other health condition other than what it has been prescribed for.
Other Variants for
Pacitane 2mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Last Updated on: 30 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved