Largactil 25mg Tablet
Largactil 25 MG Description
Largactil tablets are helpful in the treatment of symptoms of schizophrenia, other psychotic disorders, and the symptoms of mania, abnormally excited and frenzied mood, in the patients of bipolar dis
order. Largactil is also used to treat severe behaviour problems like aggression and explosive behaviour with hyperactivity in young children. The medicine is useful in treating vomiting and nausea and relieves hiccups that last longer. It relieves nervousness or restlessness experienced just before surgery. The medication treats acute porphyria, conditions in which natural substances are built up in the body and cause stomach pain. Largactil is used along with other medicines to treat tetanus, an infection causing tightening of muscles. Some common side effects of Largactil may include dryness of mouth, constipation, stomach discomfort and muscle rigidity. This medicine may cause an increase in weight. Follow your doctor's prescription on how and when to use this medicine. Do not abruptly discontinue taking this medicine, as it may worsen your symptoms. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor before starting the medicine. Consult your doctor if you have a pre-existing liver or kidney condition to ensure proper dose adjustment. Do not self medicate.
|You Save||₹26.57 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, acute intermittent porphyria, manic-depressive illness, intractable hiccups|
|Side effects||Restlessness, nervousness, uncontrollable movements of the body, increased appetite|
Uses of Largactil 25 MG
- Restlessness before surgery
- Acute intermittent porphyria
- Manifestations of manic-depressive illness
- Intractable hiccups
Contraindications of Largactil 25 MG
- Hypersensitivity to phenothiazines
- Comatose states
- Central nervous system depressants (narcotics, alcohol, and barbiturates)
Side effects of Largactil 25 MG
- Largactil tablet may have the below-mentioned side effects:
- Unusual or uncontrollable movements of the body
- Difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep
- Increased appetite
- Breast milk production
- Missed menstrual periods
- Decreased sexual ability
- Consult your doctor if any of the symptoms mentioned above do not go away or are severe
Precautions and Warnings of Largactil 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have Dementia-Related Psychosis. If you’re treated with antipsychotic medicines, you may have a higher risk of death.
- You have Tardive Dyskinesia - A syndrome that consists of irreversible and dyskinetic movements that might develop when treated with antipsychotic medicines. The prevalence of this syndrome is highest among older women. ...
- You have Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS) – This is a potentially fatal symptom reported in association with antipsychotic medicines.
Mode of Action of Largactil 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Largactil 25 MG
- Largactil tablet must be consumed orally.
- The tablet must be taken as prescribed.
- Take the tablet at the same time daily.
- Follow directions on the prescription label carefully. Ask a doctor or pharmacist to explain if you do not understand any part.
- Do not take it more than prescribed by the doctor
- Your doctor might gradually increase your dose. Keep them updated on how you feel during the treatment with Largactil.
- Do not stop taking Largactil without talking to the doctor.
- If you stop taking Largactil, you might experience withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, dizziness, stomach pain, and shakiness.
Interactions of Largactil 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Largactil might interact with:
Interactions with food items
- No such known food interactions have been established with this medication. It is better to consume Largactil tablets as advised by your do
Storage and disposal of Largactil 25 MG
Dosage of Largactil 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine