Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is an anticoagulant medicine or a blood thinner that contains Apixaban as an active ingredient. It is used to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots. This medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is used to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots in patients suffering from irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) after hip or knee replacement surgery.
- It is also used to treat blood clotting in the veins, (usually in the legs and lungs) which can increase the risk of stroke.
Contraindications of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Apixaban or any other of the ingredient of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet
- If you are taking medicines like warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clotting
- If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder
- If you are suffering from a liver disease associated with increased risk of bleeding
- If you have a disease in an organ of the body which may increase the risk of severe bleeding like recent bleeding in your brain on spinal injury, active or a recent ulcer of your stomach or intestine.
Side effects of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- Eye redness
- Bleeding, sometimes blood in the urine
- Drop in the blood pressure, nose bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- You should consult with your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk; hence you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
- You should consult your doctor before using Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet?
It is not expected that Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption, along with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet, may increase the risk of bleeding. So it is advised to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any bleeding disorder
- You have very high blood pressure, not controlled by medical treatment
- You have severe kidney disease or are on dialysis
- You ever had or have problems with your liver
- You have a condition of the immune system that causes an increased risk of blood clots
- You are going to have any blood tests (like clotting test)
- You are going to have any surgery or a procedure which may cause bleeding
- You have an artificial heart valve implanted into your heart
- You are suffering from a disorder in which the immune system mistakenly attacks normal proteins in the blood
- You had an injection into your spinal column for anaesthesia or pain reduction; there are chances of a long term or permanent paralysis. So caution is required for such patients
- You are above 75 years of age
- Your weight is below or equal to 60kgs
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet acts as an anticoagulant. It inhibits the activity of clotting factors made by the liver. Hence it prevents the formation of blood clots in the body and makes our blood thin.
Directions for Use of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is not recommended for patients being treated with antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole and posaconazole, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, medicines to treat epilepsy like phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, Antidepressants like paroxetine, fluoxetine, diazepam as it may affect the efficacy of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet.read less
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin and pain killer medicines like acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin or other strong painkillers, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat blood pressure), enoxaparin, clopidogrel (used as an anticoagulant) should be used with caution along with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet.
- You should always inform the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
Store Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose may increase the risk of bleeding.
- If you think you have taken an excessive dose of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I stop taking Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet on my own?
- You should not stop taking Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets until your doctor tells you to. It may cause an increased risk of serious problems like heart stroke, clots in the lungs or legs etc.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Q: Is it safe if I do piercing or tattooing?
A: No, it is not safe to do such things during the treatment with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet. It can lead to increased risk of bleeding and infection. However, if you want to do this, then you should consult with your doctor once, whether you need to take any additional medicines.
Other Variants for
Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:10 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved