Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eliquis 2.5 MG Description
Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is an anticoagulant medicine or a blood thinner. This medicine contains apixaban as an active ingredient. Eliquis 2.5 reduces the risk of stroke and blood clots. This medicine m
ust be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You must complete the entire treatment of Eliquis and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting the doctor.
|You Save||₹52.20 (12% on MRP)|
|Uses||Prevent or treat blood clots|
|Side effects||Nausea, bruising or swelling, bleeding, anaemia|
Check more medicines with composition as Apixaban(2.5 Mg)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Eliquis 2.5mg Tablet
- Apigat 2.5mg Tablet 30'sBy Natco Pharma Ltd30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 720.00₹ 612.0046.71% CHEAPER₹ 20.40/Tablet
- Paxiba 2.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.00₹ 127.5066.69% CHEAPER₹ 12.75/Tablet
- Apixator 2.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 102.0073.35% CHEAPER₹ 10.20/Tablet
- Prepixa 2.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.00₹ 102.0073.35% CHEAPER₹ 10.20/Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Eliquis 2.5 MG
Can I take Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available for pregnant women, avoid during pregnancy. If you get pregnant while on treatment, immediately contact the doctor. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning a pregnancy, before starting the medicine.
Can I take Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited safety data available about the use of this medicine in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is very important to consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet?
It is not expected that Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet will affect the ability to drive, but if you feel unwell or unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol in excess while taking Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet as it can make more likely to bleed.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any pre-existing medical condition such as bleeding disorder, high blood pressure, kidney or liver disease, weak immune system, etc.
- You are going to have blood tests (like a clotting test).
- You are going to have surgery or a procedure that may cause bleeding
- You have an artificial heart valve implanted into the heart.
- You suffer from a disorder in which the immune system mistakenly attacks normal proteins in the blood.
- You had an injection into the spinal column for anaesthesia or pain reduction, there are chances of a long term or permanent paralysis. So caution is required for such patients.
- You are above 75 years of age.
- Your weight is below or equal to 60kgs.
- The medicine is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years.
Uses of Eliquis 2.5 MG
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is used to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots in patients suffering from irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) after hip or knee replacement surgery.
- It is used to treat blood clotting in the veins, (usually in the legs and lungs) which increases the risk of stroke.
Contraindications of Eliquis 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to apixaban or other ingredients of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet.
- If you take medicines like warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clotting.
- If you suffer from a bleeding disorder.
- If you suffer from a liver disease associated with an increased risk of bleeding.
- If you have a disease in an organ of the body that may increase the risk of bleeding like recent bleeding in your brain on spinal injury, active or a recent ulcer of the stomach or intestine.
Side effects of Eliquis 2.5 MG
- Bruising or swelling
Mode of Action of Eliquis 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet acts as an anticoagulant. It inhibits the activity of clotting factors by the liver. It prevents the formation of blood clots in the body and makes the blood thin.
Directions for Use of Eliquis 2.5 MG
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take with or without food.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and must not consume it more than prescribed by the doctor.
- Follow instructions and do not stop taking the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Eliquis 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet is not recommended for patients being treated with antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole and posaconazole, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, anti-tuberculosis medicine like rifampicin, medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, Antidepressants like paroxetine, fluoxetine, diazepam as it may affect the efficacy of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet....
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin and pain killer medicines like acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin or other strong painkillers, increases the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat blood pressure), enoxaparin, clopidogrel (used as an anticoagulant) must be used with caution along with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Eliquis 2.5 MG
- Store the medicine at a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Eliquis 2.5 MG
Overdose of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets increase the risk of bleeding. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of the medicine, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Eliquis 2.5 mg on my own?
A: You should not stop taking Eliquis 2.5 mg tablets until the doctor tells you to. It causes an increased risk of problems like heart stroke, clots in the lungs or legs etc.
Q: Is it safe to do piercing or tattooing while taking the medicine?
A: No, avoid doing such things during the treatment with Eliquis 2.5 mg tablet. It leads to an increased risk of bleeding and infection. If you want to do, consult with the doctor once, whether you need to take additional medicines.
Q: Is there any Eliquis 2.5 mg substitute?
A: There may be different brands containing the same ingredient or other medicine used for the same clinical condition. But it is strictly recommended not to use any other substitute on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can I take the Eliquis 2.5 mg for COVID-19?
A: No, it is highly recommended not to self-medicate Eliquis 2.5mg or any other medicine if you have corona symptoms. The doctor will decide the medicine after careful clinical examinations.
Q: What are the side effects of Eliquis?
A: The most common side effects are nausea, bleeding more easily than normal, such as having nosebleeds, heavier periods, bleeding gums and bruising. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: What is the most important information I should know about Eliquis?
A: Eliquis reduces the risk of stroke and blood clots. It is also used to treat blood clotting in the veins (usually in the legs and lungs), which increases the risk of stroke. Therefore, it is strictly advised to avoid stopping the treatment abruptly. This might increase the risk of serious problems like stroke, heart attack, etc.
Q: How long does Eliquis take to work?
A: Eliquis start working within a few hours, like 3-4 hours after its consumption. It inhibits the activity of clotting factors by the liver. It prevents the formation of blood clots in the body and makes the blood thin.
Q: Can you drink coffee on Eliquis?
A: No interaction between Eliquis and coffee has been reported till date. Thus they can be consumed without any risk.
Q: Does Eliquis cause leg pain?
A: Inform your doctor immediately about any unusual effects. Do not take any other medication unless discussed with your doctor to subside these effects.
Q: Can we take paracetamol tablets for pain along with Eliquis?
A: No, you should not take paracetamol along with Eliquis. As it may increase the risk of bleeding. Hence, it is advised to always consult a doctor before taking any medicine during the treatment with this medicine.
Q: Is Eliquis a good blood thinner?
A: Yes, Eliquis is a blood thinner that reduces the risk of stroke and blood clots.
Q: Is Eliquis the same as aspirin?
A: No, Eliquis belongs to Anti-coagulant and aspirin belongs to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) class of medicines. Therefore it is advised not to self-medicate and take the prescribed medicine only.
Q: Is Eliquis safe?
A: Yes, Eliquis is safe if taken in the prescribed dose and duration.
Q: Can Eliquis cause kidney problems?
A: Eliquis usually does not cause kidney problems if taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor. However, it is advised to inform the doctor if you have a kidney problem before starting the treatment. The doctor might change the dose accordingly.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 Aug 2021]
- Eliquis 2.5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 Aug 2021]
- ELIQUIS (apixaban) tablets for oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 26 Aug 2021]
- Apixaban: a blood-thinning medicine to treat and prevent blood clots [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 26 Aug 2021]
- Eliquis 2.5 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 Aug 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed