Daxid 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Daxid 25 MG Description
Daxid 25mg tablet is a medication used for treating various conditions like depression, anxiety-related uses, panic disorders, etc. It consists of the medicine sertraline. It is an antidepressant tha
t has a place with the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medicines. Depression is a state of mind issue that causes persistent feelings of sadness, loneliness, anger, etc. Daxid tablets help treat depression, mood disorders, anxiety, panic disorders, and other neurological illnesses. It calms excitable nerves in the brain and improves mood and memory. There are also many side effects associated with this medicine, so the dosage must be carefully monitored. Try to take this medication in the exact dosage and at the same time every day. Do not change the dosage without consulting your doctor, and do not stop using this medication abruptly. Instead, this medicine should be tapered slowly; otherwise, it can cause unwanted withdrawal symptoms, such as restlessness, palpitations, sleep disturbances, anxiety, etc.
|Uses||Panic disorder, major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, premature ejaculation.|
|Side effects||Fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, sweating, blurry vision, confusion, memory problems, nausea, delayed ejaculation, low sex desire, loss of appetite, restlessness, indigestion, irritability, weakness, swelling, diarrhoea, dry mouth.|
Uses of Daxid 25 MG
- Daxid 25mg is used in treating the following conditions
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Major depressive disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder - a depression that occurs before menstruation.
- Social anxiety disorder
- Premature ejaculation
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder. (OCD)
Contraindications of Daxid 25 MG
- If you are already using different antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors), it can cause life-threatening adverse reactions.
- If you are allergic to sertraline, do not use this medication. It can cause rash, itching, swelling of the face, eyes, lips, throat, difficulty breathing, and other allergic reactions.
- If you have any previous alcohol or medicine addictions.
- If you are on treatment for alcohol addiction.
- If you have any liver condition, it should be approached with caution.
- Do not use it in children below 18 years of age, except in Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Side effects of Daxid 25 MG
- Sleep disturbances
- Blurry vision
- Memory problems
- Eye swelling or pain
- Loss of appetites
- Delayed ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Daxid 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are older; regarding the dosage, as the effects last longer.
- You have kidney disorders, inform your doctor as a precaution even though it is safe.
- You are experiencing any suicidal thoughts, immediately consult your doctor.
- You experience a low sex drive, talk to your doctor.
Mode of Action of Daxid 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Daxid 25 MG
- Take daxid 25 mg tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Take it at the same time regularly.
- Take this tablet as a whole, with glass or water.
- Do not crush, chew or break it into pieces.
- You can take the Daxid 25 mg tablet before or after consuming food.
- Do not stop using it abruptly.
Interactions of Daxid 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Interactions with medicines
- Do not take a Daxid 25 mg tablet with disulfiram, treating alcohol addiction because sertraline concentrate contains alcohol.
- Do not take this medicine with other antidepressants like linezolid, methylene blue, etc. medicine interactions between these two kinds of medicines can be fatal.
- Do not take this with the antipsychotic medicine pimozide. It can cause bleeding or bruising.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with alcohol
- Do not take a Daxid 25 mg tablet with alcohol. It is unsafe. It increases the effects like drowsiness, blurred visions, etc. It can also exaggerate the disease condition.
Storage and disposal of Daxid 25 MG
Dosage of Daxid 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)