Daxid 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Daxid 25 MG Description
Daxid 25mg Tablet is used for treating the symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings, sleep disturbances, anxiety and social fear. Daxid 25mg Tablet belongs to a class of antidepressants with sertraline
as its active ingredient. Sertraline increases the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. Daxid 25mg tablets may cause minor to serious side effects such as sleepiness, headache, and forgetfulness. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Daxid 25mg Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. Functioning of Daxid 25mg Tablet may change or get affected negatively when taken with alcohol, St. John’s Wort, and certain nutritional supplements and therefore must be avoided. Daxid 25mg tablets may interact and produce life-threatening side effects with certain medications used in anxiety, depression, allergy, high blood pressure, diabetes, migraine, or an infection. Therefore, it is suggested to talk to your doctor about all medications you are taking or planning to take.
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social phobia|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, heartburn, irregular menstruation|
Uses of Daxid 25 MG
- Major depression (characterised by symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (excessive thoughts that are difficult to control)
- Panic Disorder (all symptoms resembling that of a heart attack)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (fearful of socialising and communicating with people)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (a condition causing repeated thoughts, ideas, feelings, and sensations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (Frightening flashbacks of the traumatic incident)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (mood swings, depression, anxiety)
- Hot flashes on the face, neck and chest in menopausal women
Contraindications of Daxid 25 MG
Side effects of Daxid 25 MG
- Most of the side effects are minor and will disappear once the body adjusts to the medicine. However, immediately consult your doctor if the
- symptoms persist or become worse.
- Common side effects:
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Daxid 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have fits or have a history of fits (seizure)
- You have a headache, eye pain, blurred vision, or glaucoma (an eye disorder)
- You have liver disease, diabetes, or any blood-related disorder
- You are taking medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure
Mode of Action of Daxid 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Daxid 25 MG
- Daxid 25mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Daxid 25mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Daxid 25mg Tablet as a whole and not chew, crush or break it.
- Daxid 25mg Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Daxid 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking Daxid 25mg Tablet if you are taking:
- Medicines to treat severe pain (tramadol)
- Medicines to decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin)
- Medicines for migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan)
- Medicines for high blood pressure treatment (diltiazem)
- Medicines for infection (erythromycin)
- Medicines for acidity (omeprazole, cimetidine)
- Medicines to treat fungal infections (ketoconazole)
- Medicines to treat depression (amitriptyline)
- Medicines for the treatment of diabetes (tolbutamide)
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen and aspirin
Interactions with food items
- Daxid 25mg Tablet may interact adversely with:
- Tryptophan containing dietary supplements
- Grapefruit juice
Storage and disposal of Daxid 25 MG
Dosage of Daxid 25 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Daxid 25mg Tablet can be fatal. Overdose may also produce serious symptoms like uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body, seizure (fits), difficulty in breathing, fainting and difficulty in urinating....
- If you happen to take too much of the Daxid 25mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Daxid 25mg tablets to children?
Q: I have been taking Daxid 25mg tablets for a week now but do not see much improvement in my condition. Should I stop taking it?
- No, you should not stop taking Daxid 25mg tablets suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it may cause
- symptoms of withdrawal like mood changes, depression, anxiety, headache, disturbed sleep, confusion and