Daxid 25mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Daxid 25mg Tablet is used for treating the symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings, sleep disturbances, anxiety and social fear. Daxid 25mg Tablet belongs to a class of antidepressants with sertraline as its active ingredient. Sertraline increases the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that maintains mental balance. Daxid 25mg tablets may cause minor to serious side effects such as sleepiness, headache, and forgetfulness. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Daxid 25mg Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits. Functioning of Daxid 25mg Tablet may change or get affected negatively when taken with alcohol, St. John’s Wort, and certain nutritional supplements and therefore must be avoided. Daxid 25mg tablets may interact and produce life-threatening side effects with certain medications used in anxiety, depression, allergy, high blood pressure, diabetes, migraine, or an infection. Therefore, it is suggested to talk to your doctor about all medications you are taking or planning to take....
|You Save||₹11.48 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Premenstrual dysphoric disorder, social phobia|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, drowsiness, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, heartburn, irregular menstruation|
Check more medicines with composition as Sertraline(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Daxid 25 MG
- Major depression (characterised by symptoms of hopelessness, mood swings and sleep disturbances)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (excessive thoughts that are difficult to control)
- Panic Disorder (all symptoms resembling that of a heart attack)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (fearful of socialising and communicating with people)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (a condition causing repeated thoughts, ideas, feelings, and sensations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (Frightening flashbacks of the traumatic incident)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (mood swings, depression, anxiety)
- Hot flashes on the face, neck and chest in menopausal women
Contraindications of Daxid 25 MG
If you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients present in the medicine If you are taking antidepressant medications such as moclobemide or similar medicines like linezolid If you are taking medications such as pimozide for mental illness...
Side effects of Daxid 25 MG
- Most of the side effects are minor and will disappear once the body adjusts to the medicine. However, immediately consult your doctor if the
- symptoms persist or become worse.
- Common side effects:
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Daxid 25 MG
Can I take a Daxid 25mg Tablet during pregnancy?
No, Daxid 25mg Tablet is not safe to be taken during pregnancy as it is known to cause problems in the newborn when taken during late pregnancy. However, if you are pregnant, consult your doctor before starting any medication.
Can I take a Daxid 25mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Avoid taking Daxid 25mg Tablet while breastfeeding as it is found to be excreted in breast milk.
Can I drive if I have taken Daxid 25mg Tablet?
No, it is not safe to drive when taking Daxid 25mg Tablet as it is known to cause impairment of mental and physical abilities required while driving a car. It may also induce sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, forgetfulness and affect your judgement and thinking ability. Hence, it is not recommended to drive a car when under this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Daxid 25mg Tablet?
No, alcohol must be avoided with Daxid 25mg tablet. Consult your physician about safe usage of alcohol while taking Daxid 25 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have fits or have a history of fits (seizure)
- You have a headache, eye pain, blurred vision, or glaucoma (an eye disorder)
- You have liver disease, diabetes, or any blood-related disorder
- You are taking medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure
Mode of Action of Daxid 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Daxid 25mg Tablet contains sertraline as an active ingredient, known to act by raising the hormone (serotonin) level in the human body that lightens the mood and maintains a mental balance. Serotonin is a hormone in the human body responsible for balancing the mood and feelings in an individual. Serotonin is also required for better sleep and digestion and to make a person happy and hopeful....
Directions for Use of Daxid 25 MG
- Daxid 25mg Tablet must be taken as per doctor’s prescription.
- Daxid 25mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Daxid 25mg Tablet as a whole and not chew, crush or break it.
- Daxid 25mg Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Daxid 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking Daxid 25mg Tablet if you are taking:
- Medicines to treat severe pain (tramadol)
- Medicines to decrease the risk of bleeding (warfarin)
- Medicines for migraine (sumatriptan, almotriptan)
- Medicines for high blood pressure treatment (diltiazem)
- Medicines for infection (erythromycin)
- Medicines for acidity (omeprazole, cimetidine)
- Medicines to treat fungal infections (ketoconazole)
- Medicines to treat depression (amitriptyline)
- Medicines for the treatment of diabetes (tolbutamide)
- Painkillers such as ibuprofen and aspirin
Interactions with food items
- Daxid 25mg Tablet may interact adversely with:
- Tryptophan containing dietary supplements
- Grapefruit juice
Storage and disposal of Daxid 25 MG
Daxid 25mg Tablets must be stored in a dry place, away from sunlight, at room temperature away from the reach of children. It must be disposed of in a way that it is out of reach of children and cannot be consumed by pets....
Dosage of Daxid 25 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Daxid 25mg Tablet can be fatal. Overdose may also produce serious symptoms like uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body, seizure (fits), difficulty in breathing, fainting and difficulty in urinating....
- If you happen to take too much of the Daxid 25mg Tablet, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Daxid 25mg Tablet, take it immediately when you remember it. However, you should skip a missed dose when enough time has passed, and it is time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of Daxid 25mg Tablet to make up for the missed dose. This may lead to overdosing....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Daxid 25mg tablets to children?
A: Daxid 25mg tablets are not meant to be given to children and adolescents below 18 years of age. Hence, you should not give this medicine to children.
Q: I have been taking Daxid 25mg tablets for a week now but do not see much improvement in my condition. Should I stop taking it?
- No, you should not stop taking Daxid 25mg tablets suddenly without consulting your doctor, as it may cause
- symptoms of withdrawal like mood changes, depression, anxiety, headache, disturbed sleep, confusion and
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.