Azee 250mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azee 250 Tablet is an antibiotic containing Azithromycin as its active component. It is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract. It works by destroying the bacteria that cause infection and inhibits the growth of new bacteria. Take this medicine as per the prescribed duration. The common side effects of Azee 250 Tablets are nausea, diarrhoea, headache, stomach pain. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Azee 250mg Tablet
- Azee 250 Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage.
- It is useful in treating sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infection of the urinary system and genital parts in females.
- It also treats pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Azee 250mg Tablet
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class like Erythromycin or any ingredient of Azee 250 Tablet.
Side effects of Azee 250mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness,
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain,
- Lack of appetite, fever
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, swollen throat and lips
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in the urine
- Swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis), Jaundice
- Breathing difficulty, irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Azee 250mg Tablet
Can I take Azee 250 Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Azee 250 Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Azee 250 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithromycin passes into the breastmilk in small quantities. Breastfeeding is not advised while taking Azee 250 Tablet. If it is really necessary to be taken by breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azee 250 Tablet?
If you experience any side effect like dizziness, fits, then not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azee 250 Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along Azee 250 Tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like upset stomach, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have any neurological or mental health problems.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azee 250 Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection.
Mode of Action of Azee 250mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Azee 250 Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azee 250mg Tablet
- Azee 250 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azee 250mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Azee 250 Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Azee 250mg Tablet
- Store Azee 250 Tablets at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Azee 250mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may be nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of hearing. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Azee 250 Tablets.
Missed a Dose
Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of the infection. If you missed any dose of Azee 250 Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azee 250 Tablet if I feel my condition is getting better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: Can I take Azee 250 Tablet if I am allergic to Clarithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to Clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Are there any side effects of Azee 250?
A: The common side effects of Azee 250 Tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc.
Q: What is Azee 250 Tablet used for?
A: It is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: I have a fever. Can I take Azee 250 Tablet?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azee 250 Tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
- Azee 500 Mg Strip Of 5 Tablets
- Azee 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Azee 500 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Azee 200 Mg Peppermint Dry Syp 15 Ml
- Azee 100 Mg Peppermint Flav Dry Syp
- Azee 200 Mg Rediuse Syp
- Azee 100 Mg Rediuse Syp
- Azee 500 Mg Injection
- Azee 1 Gm Tablet
- Azee 500 Mg Dry Syrup 15 Ml
- Azee 500 Mg Dry Syrup 7 5 Ml
- Azee 500 Mg Eye Drops 3 Ml
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved