Azee 250mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azee 250 tablet is an antibiotic. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach and urinary tract. Azee 250 contains azithromycin as its active component. It works by destroying the bacteria that cause infection and inhibits the growth of new bacteria. You should take Azee as directed by the doctor at the prescribed dose and duration. Take Azee 250 with or after a meal to avoid stomach upset. Common side effects of the Azee 250 tablet include headache, stomach pain and nausea. If you experience any discomfort or too many side effects while using this medicine contact your doctor immediately. Always complete the entire course of treatment with the Azee 250, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection. Before using the Azee 250 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Azee 250 MG
- Azee 250 tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage.
- It is useful in treating sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, skin and soft tissue infections, infection of the urinary system and genital parts in females.
- It also treats pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Azee 250 MG
If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other antibiotic from the same class like Erythromycin or any ingredient of Azee 250 tablet.
Side effects of Azee 250 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Azee 250 MG
Can I take Azee 250 tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Azee 250 tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Azee 250 tablet while breastfeeding?
- Azithromycin passes into the breastmilk in small quantities, thus breastfeeding is not advised while taking the Azee 250 tablet.
- However, if prescribed by your doctor when essential, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azee 250 tablet?
If you experience any side effect like dizziness, fits, then not drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Azee 250 tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along Azee 250 tablet as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like upset stomach, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You have any neurological or mental health problems.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azee 250 tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection.
Mode of Action of Azee 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Azee 250 tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azee 250 MG
- Azee 250 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azee 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Azee 250 tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Azee 250 MG
- Store Azee 250 tablets at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Azee 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of hearing. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Azee 250 tablets.
Missed a Dose
Never miss your antibiotic medicine as it can lead to treatment failure and progression of the infection. If you missed any dose of Azee 250 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azee 250 tablet if I feel my condition is getting better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: Can I take Azee 250 tablet if I am allergic to Clarithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to Clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Are there any side effects of Azee 250?
A: The common side effects of Azee 250 tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, upset stomach, etc.
Q: What is Azee 250 tablet used for?
A: It is used for the serious bacterial infections of eyes, ears, lungs, throat, airways and soft tissues. It is also used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Q: I have a fever. Can I take Azee 250 tablet?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection known as salmonella.
Q: Can I use Azee 250 tablet for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Azee 250 for pimples?
A: No, it has no action in controlling pimples and acne. Azee 250 is an antibiotic medicine and should not be taken unnecessarily.
Q: What is the dose of Azee 250?
A: The dose and duration of Azee 250 will be decided by your doctor after the assessment of your condition. Do not self medicate with this medicine.
Q: When should I take the Azee 250 tablet?
A: It is recommended to take the Azee 250 with food to prevent stomach upset. However, you can take this medicine with or without food but at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Q: Can Azee 250 be used to treat tooth infections?
A: Yes, the Azee 250 tablet may help in treating tooth infections caused due by various bacterial organisms. Your dentist will be prescribed you the most appropriate antibiotic to treat tooth infection depending on your condition.
Q: Is Azee 250 for cold?
A: No, Azee 250 is not effective in cold. Cold is a type of seasonal infection usually caused by a virus and this medicine has no action against the infection-causing organism. This medicine is used to treat various bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract.
Q: How long does AZEE 250 take to work?
A: Azee 250 can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards the infection could be seen only after completing the full course of antibiotic treatment.
- Azithromycin 250 Film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- JAMP-AZITHROMYCIN tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Azithromycin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 Film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.