Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azithral 250mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections caused by various organisms in different parts of the body such as the lungs, ears, throat, airways, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissues. It contains azithromycin as its active component which is classified as the 'Macrolide' group of medicine. Azithromycin acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Always take Azithral 250 as prescribed by the doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking the medicine, even if you feel better as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and the infection might reoccur. Before using the Azithral 250 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Azithral 250 MG
Azithral 250mg tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage, skin and soft tissue infections, urinary system and genital parts in females....
Contraindications of Azithral 250 MG
- If you are allergic to azithromycin or any other components of the Azithral 250mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Side effects of Azithral 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azithral 250 MG
Can I take the Azithral 250mg tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use the Azithral 250mg tablet if you are pregnant unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Azithral 250mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithral 250mg tablet passes into the breastmilk in small quantities. Breastfeeding is not advisable when you are consuming this medicine. If it is really necessary to be taken by the breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Azithral 250mg tablet?
If you experience any side effects like dizziness, visual disturbances, fits then you should not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Azithral 250mg tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like an upset stomach, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Azithral Tablet.
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms, liver or kidney problem etc.
- You suffer from any mental health problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking Azithral Tablet.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
Mode of Action of Azithral 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azithral 250 MG
- Consume the Azithral 250mg tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor without fail.
Interactions of Azithral 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azithral 250mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azithral 250mg tablet.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that are used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, a medicine used to treat gout, like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like cyclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously....
Storage and disposal of Azithral 250 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Azithral 250 MG
Excess of the Azithral 250mg tablet may cause a reversible loss of hearing, severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine then inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Azithral 250mg tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of the treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always keep your doctor informed if you want to stop the treatment.
Q: I am allergic to Clarithromycin, can I take Azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to Clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (Macrolides) eg. Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Can the Azithral 250mg tablet be used for cough?
A: Yes, Azithral 250mg tablet can be used to treat cough. Your doctor may prescribe you the most appropriate medicine based on your health condition.
Q: Can the use of the Azithral 250mg tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of the Azithral 250mg tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria. When good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, inform your doctor about it.
Q: What is the dose of Azithral 250 for adults?
A: The dose and duration of Azithral 250 will be decided by your doctor after the assessment of your condition. Do not self medicate with this medicine. It is usually prescribed once a day.
Q: Can I use the Azithral for fever?
A: Azithral 250 is an antibiotic medicine effective against various bacterial infections. This medicine is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to bacterial infection.
Q: How long does it take for the Azithral 250 to work?
A: As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards the infection could be seen only after completing the full course of antibiotic treatment. It is usually prescribed for a week depending upon the type and severity of infection.
Q: Can I take the Azithral 250 for COVID-19?
A: Do not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19, on your own. If you have been tested covid positive, immediately inform the doctor. The doctor will prescribe you the appropriate medicine or antibiotics on the basis of the severity of the underlying condition. Do not self-medicate with Azithral 250 in any case.
Q: Can Azithral 250 be used to treat tooth infections?
A: Yes, Azithral 250 tablet may help in treating tooth infection caused due by various bacterial organisms. Your dentist will be prescribed you the most appropriate antibiotic to treat tooth infection depending on your condition.
Q: Can you take Azithral 250 mg without food?
A: You can take Azithral 250 mg without food or after food, as advised by the doctor. However, if you notice any stomach upset then you can take it with food. Try to take it at the same time each day for optimum results.
Q: How many days tab Azithral 250 can be taken?
A: Tab Azithral 250 should be taken for the exact duration and in exact doses prescribed by the doctor. The duration of treatment depends on the infection being treated and the severity of the infection. It should be taken regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. Taking it at the same time will reduce the chances of missing the dose and it will also help you to get optimum results.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 mg film-coated tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Azithromycin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 mg film-coated tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 April 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.