Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azithromycin is an antibiotic, present in Azithral 250mg Tablet. It is further classified as "Macrolide" group of medicine. Azithral 250mg Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various organisms at different parts of the body such as lungs, ears, throat, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues. Azithromycin acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. You should always complete the prescribed course of the treatment. While on this medicine, you may experience side effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Azithral 250mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways and nasal passage, skin and soft tissue infections, urinary system and genital parts in females
Contraindications of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Azithromycin or any other component of Azithral 250mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic
Side effects of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dizziness, breathing difficulty, headache, irregular heartbeat
- Diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain, lack of appetite, fever
- Skin reaction, rash, itching, blistering, Swollen throat and lips, fever
- Difficulty to pass urine, blood in the urine
- Swelling of the pancreas (pancreatitis), yellowing of the skin (Jaundice)
Precautions and Warnings of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Azithral 250mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to use Azithral 250mg Tablet if you are pregnant unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Azithral 250mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azithral 250mg Tablet passes in breast milk in small quantities. Breastfeeding is not advised when you are taking this medicine. If it is really necessary to be taken by breastfeeding women, watch out for symptoms like rashes, diarrhoea and sleepiness in your breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azithral 250mg Tablet?
If you experience any side effect like dizziness, visual disturbance, fits you should not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Azithral 250mg Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol can exaggerate the side effects like stomach upset, dizziness and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have any neurological or psychiatric or mental problems
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- You have any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection
- Your child vomiting or has irritability while feeding
- You have severe infection
- You have sinusitis, tonsilitis, ear infection, wounds, skin infection
- You get any fungal infection after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Azithromycin works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Azithral 250mg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to manage stomach acid such as antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine, headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you are taking medicines like cisapride that is used to treat gastric reflux diseases.
- Medicine used during heart failure like digoxin, medicine used to treat gout like colchicine, immune system modifying medicine like ciclosporin, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, anti-allergic medicine like astemizole, should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date which is mentioned on the pack.
Dosage of Azithral 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of Azithral 250mg Tablet may cause a reversible loss of hearing, severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azithral 250mg Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Can Azithral 250mg Tablet be used for cough?
A: Yes, Azithral 250mg Tablet can be used to treat cough. Your doctor may prescribe you the most appropriate medicine based on your health condition.
Q: Can the use of Azithral 250mg Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Azithral 250mg Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Other Products from this Brand
- Azithral 500 Mg Tab 5 S
- Azithral 500 Mg Strip Of 3 Tablets
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 5 S
- Azithral 100 Mg Bottle Of 15 Ml Liquid
- Azithral 200 Mg Liquid 15 Ml
- Azithral 250 Mg Tablet
- Azithral 1 Eye Oint 5 Gm
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tablet 3 S
- Azithral 250 Dt 10 S
- Azithral Eye Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab 10
- Azithral Junior Drops
- Azithral Dt 250 Mg Tab
- Azithral 500 Mg Injection
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved