Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avil 50 tablet is used to treat allergic conditions. It contains pheniramine, an anti-allergic medicine. Allergies are caused when allergens such as dust, pollen or any specific medicines enter the body. The body releases a chemical called histamine, responsible for allergic reactions. Avil 50 tablets interfere with histamine function and relieve the symptoms of allergy. Take Avil 50 as advised by your doctor for prescribed dose and duration. You take Avil 50 mg tablet with food. This tablet may cause drowsiness; therefore, it is advised not to drive or handle any machinery after taking this medicine. It should not be given to children less than 5-years of age, pregnant or are breastfeeding. Caution is needed if you suffer from prostate enlargement as it can cause urinary retention. Discuss with your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history, before starting Avil 50 tablet....
Uses of Avil 50 MG
Avil 50 tablet is used for the treatment of allergic conditions.
Contraindications of Avil 50 MG
- If you are allergic to pheniramine, or the other components of Avil 50 mg tablet.
- If you have enlargement of the prostate gland.
- If you are taking any medicines to treat depression.
- Avil 50 tablets should not be given to newborns and premature infants.
Side effects of Avil 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Avil 50 MG
Can I take the Avil 50 tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Avil 50 mg tablets in pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take the Avil 50 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the interaction of Avil 50 mg tablet with breast milk. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Avil 50 tablet?
Drowsiness is the main side effect of tablet the Avil 50 mg tablet. Avoid driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Avil 50 tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol after taking the Avil 50 tablet, as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver disease, as dose adjustment shall be needed.
- You have any prostate disorder like prostate hypertrophy.
- You are asthmatic or have any heart diseases, caution is advised.
- You have glaucoma, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Avil 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Allergic reactions in the body are triggered when exposed to an allergen like dust, pollen, pet fur or any specific medicine. To counteract such an allergen, the body releases histamine. This chemical causes swelling, itching, redness, runny nose, etc. Avil 50 interferes with the functioning of histamine and hence provides relief from allergic symptoms....
Directions for Use of Avil 50 MG
- Avil 50 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Avil 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Some medicines can affect the way the Avil 50 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Avil 50 tablets may increase the risk of getting side effects when taken with medicines used in psychiatric disorders and sleeping pills. Avoid the use of sleeping pills when taking this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Avil 50 MG
- Store Avil 50 tablets below 50°C in a clean and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Avil 50 MG
Accidental consumption in small children results in fits. If you experience any of the symptoms of side effects or think you have taken an excessive dose of Avil 50 mg tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you forget or miss taking Avil 50 tablets, then take it as soon as possible.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Avil 50 tablet for allergies other than a dry cough?
A: Yes, Avil 50 tablet can be used for rashes, swelling, high fever and food allergy under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
Q: Can I take Avil 50 tablets daily?
A: Whether Avil 50 tablet needs to be taken daily or only as long as the allergy continues shall be decided by your doctor based on your condition and severity.
Q: How long can I take Avil 50 tablets?
A: The duration depends on the underlying disease and the course of illness.
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a sleeping pill?
A: Avil 50 mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is not intended to be used as a sleeping pill.
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a steroid?
A: No, Avil 50 tablet is an anti-allergic medicine, not a steroid.
Q: Is Avil good for itching?
A: Avil 50 tablets can be taken for allergic symptoms like itching, rash, burning, and swelling. Use it only after consulting a doctor
Q: What is allergic asthma?
- Allergic asthma is the condition where our airways are extra sensitive to certain allergens.
- When the allergens get into our body, the immune system overreacts.
- Airway muscles tighten, get swollen and over time get flooded with thick mucus and cause cough, wheeze, shortness of breath, hurried breathing and tightness in the chest.
Q: What causes allergic asthma?
- Windblown pollen from trees, grasses and weeds
- Mould spores and fragments
- Pet dander (from feathers, hair, or skin) and saliva
- Dust mite faeces
- Cockroach faeces
- Smoke from cigarette, kitchen, candles, incense sticks or crackers
- Air pollution
- Cold air
- Exercise in cold air
- Strong chemical odours or fumes
- Perfumes, air fresheners or other scented products
- Dusty rooms
Q: When should I take Avil before or after food?
A: Avil should preferably be taken with or soon after food. But do not take the medicine on an empty stomach.
Q: How many days can I take Avil?
A: The dose and duration should be adjusted individually, depending on the severity of the underlying condition. If you do not feel improvement, speak to your doctor. Do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: Is Avil anti-allergic?
A: Yes, Avil is an anti-allergic medicine that is used to treat allergic conditions. It should be taken only after the doctor's advice.
- AVIL (Pheniramine Maleate Tablets & Injection) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Pheniramine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Pheniramine overdose: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Pheniramine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.