Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avil 50 Tablet contains Pheniramine. It is an anti-allergic medicine belonging to an antihistaminic class of medicines. It is used to treat allergic conditions. Allergies are caused when allergens such as dust, pollen or any specific medicines enter the body. The body releases a chemical called histamine, responsible for allergic reactions. Avil 50 tablets interfere with histamine function and relieve the symptoms of allergy. Avil 50 Tablet may cause drowsiness; therefore, it is advised not to drive or handle any machinery after taking this medicine. It should not be given to children less than 5-years of age and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Caution is needed if you suffer from prostate enlargement as it can cause urinary retention. Never take it on an empty stomach.
Uses of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Avil 50 Tablet is used for the treatment of allergic conditions.
Contraindications of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pheniramine, or the other components of Avil 50 mg tablet.
- If you have enlargement of the prostate gland.
- If you are taking any medicines to treat depression.
- Avil 50 tablets should not be given to newborns and premature infants.
Side effects of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ear
Precautions and Warnings of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Avil 50 Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Avil 50 mg tablets in pregnancy. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take the Avil 50 Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the interaction of Avil 50 mg tablet with breast milk. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Avil 50 Tablet?
Drowsiness is the main side effect of tablet the Avil 50 mg tablet. Avoid driving after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Avil 50 Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol after taking the Avil 50 Tablet, as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver disease, as dose adjustment shall be needed.
- You have any prostate disorder like prostate hypertrophy.
- You are asthmatic or have any heart diseases, caution is advised.
- You have glaucoma, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Allergic reactions in the body are triggered when exposed to an allergen like dust, pollen, pet fur or any specific medicine. To counteract such an allergen, the body releases histamine. This chemical causes swelling, itching, redness, runny nose, etc. Avil 50 interferes with the functioning of histamine and hence provides relief from allergic symptoms.
Directions for Use of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine with a glass of water and food
- It should not be taken on an empty stomach
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose
Interactions of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
Avil 50 tablets may increase the risk of getting side effects when taken with medicines used in psychiatric disorders and sleeping pills. Avoid the use of sleeping pills when taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Avil 50 tablets below 50°C in a clean and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month mentioned on the label.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows the signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Accidental consumption in small children results in fits. If you experience any of the symptoms of side effects or think you have taken an excessive dose of Avil 50 mg tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you forget or miss taking Avil 50 tablets, then take it as soon as possible.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Avil 50 tablet for allergies other than a dry cough?
A: Yes, Avil 50 tablet can be used for rashes, swelling, high fever and food allergy under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
Q: Can I take Avil 50 tablets daily?
A: Whether Avil 50 tablet needs to be taken daily or only as long as the allergy continues shall be decided by your doctor based on your condition and severity.
Q: How long can I take Avil 50 tablets?
A: The duration depends on the underlying disease and the course of illness.
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a sleeping pill?
A: Avil 50 mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is not intended to be used as a sleeping pill.
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a steroid?
A: No, Avil 50 tablet is an anti-allergic medicine, not a steroid.
Q: Is Avil good for itching?
A: Avil 50 tablets can be taken for allergic symptoms like itching, rash, burning, and swelling.
Q: What is allergic asthma?
- Allergic asthma is the condition where our airways are extra sensitive to certain allergens.
- When the allergens get into our body, the immune system overreacts.
- Airway muscles tighten, get swollen and over time get flooded with thick mucus and cause cough, wheeze, shortness of breath, hurried breathing and tightness in the chest.
Q: What causes allergic asthma?
- Windblown pollen from trees, grasses and weeds
- Mould spores and fragments
- Pet dander (from feathers, hair, or skin) and saliva
- Dust mite faeces
- Cockroach faeces
- Smoke from cigarette, kitchen, candles, incense sticks or crackers
- Air pollution
- Cold air
- Exercise in cold air
- Strong chemical odours or fumes
- Perfumes, air fresheners or other scented products
- Dusty rooms
Q: What are the complications of allergic asthma?
- Underperformance or absence from work
- Inability to exercise, leading to other health problems such as high blood pressure or weight gain
- Permanent problems with your lungs
- Repeated visits to the hospital
- Psychological problems including stress, anxiety and depression
- Learning problems in children
- Pneumonia (infection of the lungs)
- The collapse of the whole lung or part of it
- Respiratory failure, where the oxygen levels in the blood become critically low or the levels of carbon dioxide become critically high
- Status asthmaticus (asthma that does not respond to the medicines)
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 03:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved