Avil 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Avil 50 MG Description
Avil 50 tablet is used to treat allergic conditions. It contains pheniramine, an anti-allergic medicine. Allergies are caused when allergens such as dust, pollen or any specific medicines enter the b
ody. The body releases a chemical called histamine, responsible for allergic reactions. Avil 50 tablets interfere with histamine function and relieve the symptoms of allergy. Take Avil 50 as advised by your doctor for prescribed dose and duration. You take Avil 50 mg tablet with food. This tablet may cause drowsiness; therefore, it is advised not to drive or handle any machinery after taking this medicine. It should not be given to children less than 5-years of age, pregnant or are breastfeeding. Caution is needed if you suffer from prostate enlargement as it can cause urinary retention. Discuss with your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history, before starting Avil 50 tablet.
Uses of Avil 50 MG
Contraindications of Avil 50 MG
- If you are allergic to pheniramine, or the other components of Avil 50 mg tablet.
- If you have enlargement of the prostate gland.
- If you are taking any medicines to treat depression.
- Avil 50 tablets should not be given to newborns and premature infants.
Side effects of Avil 50 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Avil 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver disease, as dose adjustment shall be needed.
- You have any prostate disorder like prostate hypertrophy.
- You are asthmatic or have any heart diseases, caution is advised.
- You have glaucoma, caution is advised.
Mode of Action of Avil 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Avil 50 MG
- Avil 50 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Avil 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Avil 50 MG
- Store Avil 50 tablets below 50°C in a clean and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Avil 50 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you forget or miss taking Avil 50 tablets, then take it as soon as possible.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Avil 50 tablet for allergies other than a dry cough?
Q: Can I take Avil 50 tablets daily?
Q: How long can I take Avil 50 tablets?
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a sleeping pill?
Q: Is Avil 50 tablet a steroid?
Q: Is Avil good for itching?
Q: What is allergic asthma?
- Allergic asthma is the condition where our airways are extra sensitive to certain allergens.
- When the allergens get into our body, the immune system overreacts.
- Airway muscles tighten, get swollen and over time get flooded with thick mucus and cause cough, wheeze, shortness of breath, hurried breathing and tightness in the chest.
Q: What causes allergic asthma?
- Windblown pollen from trees, grasses and weeds
- Mould spores and fragments
- Pet dander (from feathers, hair, or skin) and saliva
- Dust mite faeces
- Cockroach faeces
- Smoke from cigarette, kitchen, candles, incense sticks or crackers
- Air pollution
- Cold air
- Exercise in cold air
- Strong chemical odours or fumes
- Perfumes, air fresheners or other scented products
- Dusty rooms
Q: When should I take Avil before or after food?
Q: How many days can I take Avil?
Q: Is Avil anti-allergic?
- AVIL (Pheniramine Maleate Tablets & Injection) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Pheniramine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Pheniramine overdose: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]
- Pheniramine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 April 2022]