Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Arkamin tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps in reducing other heart problems. It contains clonidine as an anti-hypertensive medicine that dilates the blood vessels and decreases
high blood pressure. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly....
Uses of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Arkamin tablet is used in patients who are suffering from high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a slow heart rate or any other problems with your heart.
Side effects of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Feeling dizzy when you stand up from sitting or sleeping position.
- Unusually slow or irregular heartbeat
- Problem with circulation to the fingers and toes.
Precautions and Warnings of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Arkamin tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy but your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
- Arkamin tablet can reach your baby and may lower your baby’s heart rate. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine....Read more
Can I take Arkamin tablet while breastfeeding?
- Arkamin tablet is not recommended for use while breastfeeding as it passes in breast milk.
- You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Arkamin tablet?
You may feel drowsy, dizzy or could have some disturbances of vision while taking Arkamin tablet. Hence, you should not drive or take part in any activities where these may put you or others at risk.
Can I consume alcohol with Arkamin tablet?
You may feel drowsy or sleepy while taking the Arkamin tablet. You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Arkamin tablet as it can worsen the condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have Raynaud's disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems.
- If you have problems with your heart or kidney.
- If you had or have depression.
- If you have constipation.
- If you have a nerve disorder that may cause your hands and feet to feel different or some altered sensation.
- If you have changes in blood pressure when you stand up (postural hypotension).
- If you may get dry eyes while taking this medicine. This may be a problem if you wear contact lenses.
- Arkamin tablet can affect liver function and blood glucose tests, so if you are about to have any blood test, inform the laboratory beforehand about Arkamin tablets you are taking.
- If you are going to have an operation, keep taking your Arkamin tablet as per your doctor's advice.
- If you have to go to a hospital, you should take your tablets with you. Arkamin tablet is not recommended for children.
Mode of Action of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Arkamin tablet dilates the blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure. So, the workload on the heart decreases and reduces blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Arkamin tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....Read more
- Medicines for mental illness such as Imipramine, Mirtazapine and Chlorpromazine may alter the effects of Arkamin tablet.
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen interfere with the way this medicine works.
- This medicine can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine (Methyldopa, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Candesartan and Telmisartan).
- You may experience low heart rate when taken along with medicines used to treat heart diseases or blood pressure like Atenolol, Bisoprolol and Digoxin.
- Other medicines like Mirtazapine, Frusemide, Prazosin, Diazoxide, Verapamil, Captopril or medicines that make you drowsy should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose may include lack of energy, decrease in heart rate, fall in blood pressure, decreased body temperature, drowsiness including coma and slow respiratory rate. Sometimes, it may cause temporary high blood pressure....Read more
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- Do not stop taking Arkamin tablet without consulting your doctor.
- If you have been using this medicine for a long time, you may feel some withdrawal effects like agitation, restlessness, palpitation (feeling of heartbeat), nervousness and headache when you stop taking it....Read more
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Arkamin tablet be given to pacemaker patients?
A: Arkamin tablet use may slow the heart rate. The use of Arkamin tablet along with other blood pressure-lowering agent may further increase such effect. Reports of pacemaker insertion has been observed in association with the use of Arkamin tablet concomitantly with Verapamil or Diltiazem. You should inform your doctor if you are using a pacemaker.
Q: Am I going to feel agitated if I miss Arkamin tablet?
A: Yes. Do not stop taking Arkamin tablet without talking to your doctor. If you have been using this medicine for a long time, you may feel agitated when you stop taking it. It is called ‘withdrawal effect’.
Q: Can I take three tablets of Arkamin?
A: Take the Arkamin tablet as per the advice of your doctor. Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Q: What is Arkamin tablet and what are its uses?
A: Arkamin tablet contains Clonidine which belongs to a group of medicine which decreases high blood pressure.
Q: Can I stop this medication on my own?
- No, it would be best if you do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor
- If you stop this medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems
- Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it
Q: I am experiencing episodes of low blood pressure. What can I do?
- If you are taking this medicine, in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness and giddiness
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea
- If you experience giddiness and lightheadedness, immediately lie down
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking this medicine?
A: Yes, your doctor may advise you a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: Does Arkamin 100 mcg tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side-effect of Arkamin 100 mcg tablet. There may be varied physiological response depending upon the individual medical condition, it is advised that you should consult your doctor if you experience weight gain
Q: Can I take Beta-blockers with Arkamin 100 mcg tablet?
A: Beta-blockers are medicines used to lower blood pressure. Beta-blockers and Arkamin 100 mcg tablet may lower the blood pressure. Taking these medicines together may lead to low blood pressure, slow heartbeat, headache, and dizziness and sometimes even make you faint.
Q: Does Arkamin 100 mcg tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Some patients may experience drowsiness on taking Arkamin 100 mcg. Thus, if you become dizzy or drowsy after the medicine, take rest and avoid doing activities that need mental alertness like driving.
Q: Is Arkamin a diuretic?
A: No, it is not a diuretic.
Q: Can I take Arkamin for a long duration?
A: You should take this medicine for as long as prescribed by the doctor. It is usually prescribed for a long duration, maybe for weeks to several months, depending upon the medical condition. However, if you do not feel any improvement in your condition, do not exceed the prescribed duration without consulting a doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Oct 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved