Onetouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer With 10 Free Strips
The One Touch Select Plus Simple Glucometer is a handy tool that is used to measure the level of glucose in someone’s blood. The device is very accurate and effective in measuring blood glucose levels very quickly and without causing any pain to the patient. The device is portable making it a one-stop solution for measuring your blood glucose level. The Precision Guiding Technology from One Touch very accurately pinpoints the exact level of blood glucose in the blood. Maintaining and managing the level of blood sugar has become easier for people with this handy device from One Touch. Keep track of your health from the comfort of your home with the easy-to-use self-testing device. The ten free strips included in the pack make it easy to get a hang of using the device and measuring the blood glucose levels a few times before having to go for another set of strips.
- The device is very easy to use and does not require any setup or any buttons to operate it.
- The ColourSure technology from One Touch makes it easy to understand the levels of glucose in the blood.
- The device also has an alarm system that notifies first-time users if the blood sugar is low or high.
- The device adjusts itself automatically to suit different variations of natural red blood cell variations.
- There are thirteen depth options settings to make it easier to operate the device.
- The international EN ISO 15197:2015 standard is met by the device.
The device is used to easily measure the level of glucose in the blood, in a hassle-free and quick manner.
How to Use
- The strips provided in the kit need to be inserted into the slot in the device.
- Once the strip is inserted into the device, the lancet device in the kit is to be used to prick the finger and extract a tiny amount of blood.
- Once the drop of blood is applied to the strip, the device measures the level of glucose in it automatically.
- If the screen highlights the blue colour then the level of glucose is low. If it is green, then the level of glucose is at an optimum level. If the colour red is highlighted then the level of glucose is high.
- The device needs to be stored in a cool and dry place, to be used for a long time.
- Before using the device to measure glucose levels, one must wash their hands thoroughly.
- The user manual in the kit must be read thoroughly before using the device.
Q 1. Do I need to apply a band-aid after using the device to prick the finger?
Ans. The process is painless and the prick is so minuscule that a band-aid is not usually required after use.
Q 2. Can the same strip be used twice?
Ans. The same strip should not be used twice in the One Touch Select Plus Simple Blood Glucometer Kit.
Q 3. What is the normal level of blood glucose?
Ans. The normal level of blood glucose for an adult is 90 to 110 mg/dL.
Q 4. Does one require a prescription to purchase One Touch Select Plus Simple Blood Glucometer Kit?
Ans. A prescription is not required to purchase the device.