Candid 1% Anti Fungal Gel Tube Of 15 G
Candid Gel is an antifungal gel formulation with decisive antimycotic action. This topical medication comes under Azole Antifungals, which is a broad-spectrum antifungal drug. Its main component, Clotrimazole, can effectively fight a range of fungal infections, including Candida albicans. It is also valuable for the treatment of Metronidazole-resistant Trichomoniasis and a number of other diseases.
- Candid Gel contains Clotrimazole, which is the best in class solution for treating topical fungal infections such as Candidiasis, Candida albicans and Athlete's foot.
- It is also the most trusted medicine used for the treatment of infections such as Jock itch and ringworm.
- The formulation of Candid Gel has been pharmaceutically tested as well as clinically proven to ensure the highest standards of safe and sound tolerance among all.
- The viscosity optimised gel formulation ensures it easily spreads and gets absorbed into the skin. It also ensures maximum retention at the site of the application.
Clotrimazole (1% w/w)
- Candid Gel is the go-to medical solution to treat several fungal infections of the skin such as ringworm, sweat rash, nappy rash and vaginal candidiasis.
- It is also used in the treatment of tinea cruris, oropharyngeal candidiasis, vulvovaginal candidiasis and tinea corporis.
- Candid Gel is the drug of choice to treat Tinea pedis or Athlete's foot topically.
- It can also be safely applied to the vaginal region without any adverse reactions or sensitivity.
How to Use
The recommended dosage is once daily, preferably at bedtime for at least three consecutive days, unless otherwise directed by a doctor. For application in the vaginal area, fill the vaginal applicator enclosed with the package. Carefully insert it into the vaginal cavity to apply the gel. This too must be done for three consecutive days, preferably at bedtime.
- Candid Gel must be strictly used as instructed by a healthcare professional.
- For external use only.
- Read the label carefully before using it.
- Use the product before the expiry date.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Avoid direct contact with the eyes.
- Do not consume.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Replace the cap tightly after use.
1. What happens in case of an accidental overdose of Candid Gel?
An accidental overdose of Candid Gel may cause adverse effects such as redness, irritation, rashes, etc. In case you apply it more than the recommended dosage, immediately rinse it with generous amounts of water. Consult a physician if you face any symptoms.
2. Are there any adverse effects of missed dosage of Candid Gel?
Missed doses of Candid Gel may lead to antimicrobial resistance to the chemical over time. It is recommended to make up for the missed dose as soon as you remember.
3. Is it safe to stop using the product before the prescribed duration if the symptoms cure?
Stopping the use of the product before the prescribed duration after the cure of the symptoms may lead to antimicrobial resistance and the infection reoccurring within a short span of time. It is highly recommended to complete the regime prescribed by the physician.
4. Is Candid Gel safe for pregnant and lactating women?
Candid Gel can be safely used during pregnancy or lactation with prior consultation with a doctor.