Ugesic Forte Strip Of 4 Tablets
Ugesic Forte 40 MG Description
Ugesic Forte Tablet contains piroxicam as the active ingredient. It is used to reduce pain and swelling associated with various types of Arthritis like Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis etc. It is
usually taken with food or after food. It is not recommended in pregnant and lactating women. Use of this medicine may cause side effects like headache, sleepiness, indigestion, pain in the abdomen, rash on the skin, swelling near the ankle etc. In case the pain does not subside or you experience severe side effects, contact your doctor immediately.
|₹2.46 (14% on MRP)
|DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS
Uses of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
Contraindications of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a present or past history of stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding or perforation in the stomach or gut.
- If you have problems with your stomach or intestines like Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or inflammation.
- If you have a history of past or ongoing treatment with blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clots.
- If you have heart disease like heart failure.
- If you have a history of known allergy or skin reactions to pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or develop it after starting treatment.
- If your age is more than 80 years.
- If you are already taking other pain killer medicines like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
- If you are more than 6 months pregnant.
- If you have a history of developing asthma or nasal polyps after consuming pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
Side effects of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Decreased appetite
- Mouth ulcers
- Raised blood sugar
- Skin rash
- Swelling over the ankle
- Weight gain
- Ringing sensation in your ears
Precautions and Warnings of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have acidity or stomach ulcers.
- You have any bleeding disorders.
- You are suffering from depression.
- You have heart problems like raised blood pressure, heart disease, stroke.
- You have diseases requiring steroid therapy.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have asthma.
- You have growth in the nose.
- You are planning to have a baby or taking treatment for infertility should avoid Ugesic Forte Tablet. It is advised to discuss everything with your physician before starting Ugesic Forte Tablet.
- If you are above 70 years, special caution is advised as such patients have less tolerance to stomach side effects while liver and kidney damage along with heart disease are more common in this age group....
- Caution is also advised if you have conditions that can increase the risk of bleeding in the digestive tract like bleeding disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, cancers of the stomach or intestine or inflammation of any part of the digestive tract. Ugesic Forte Tablet should be avoided if you are suffering from an intestinal ulcer or bleeding from any part of the digestive tract at present....
Mode of Action of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
- Take Ugesic Forte Tablet as directed by your doctor.
- You may take it with a sufficient amount of water, with food or after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort, for a duration decided by the treating physician.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, when taken simultaneously with Dolonex DT, may increase chances of stomach or intestinal bleeding, vomiting blood, etc. Thus, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic Forte Tablet should be avoided....
- Aspirin which is very commonly used in heart disease and some stroke patients can cause increased chances of stomach or intestinal bleed when taking Dolonex DT. Hence, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic Forte Tablet should be avoided....
- Some medicines used to treat mental illness like Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Escitalopram, Paroxetine, Fluvoxamine, Sertraline, Dapoxetine may increase chances of gastric or intestinal bleed when taken with Dolonex DT....
- Digoxin, a medicine derived from plants that are used in heart failure can cause kidney damage and aggravate kidney damage if used along with Dolonex DT.
- Steroids like Prednisolone, Dexamethasone etc, when used with Ugesic Forte Tablet poses a risk for stomach and intestinal bleed
- Ugesic Forte Tablet decreases the effects of certain blood pressure medicines like Captopril, Enalapril, Lisinopril or water pills (medicines increasing frequency of micturition) like Furosemide and Torsemide....
- Other medicines like Mifepristone, Methotrexate, Lithium, Highly protein-bound medicines like Phenytoin, Cefazolin, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ugesic Forte 40 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.