Telsar 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Telsar 40 MG Description
Telsar 40 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Telmisartan as its active ingredient. It is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. While taking t
his medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. Telsar 40 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. Before using Telsar 40 tablet inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹17.03 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Facial swelling, increased potassium level, rash, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Telmisartan(40.0 Mg)
55 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Telsar 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Telmavas 40mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.53₹ 47.2726.55% CHEAPER₹ 4.73/Tablet
- Venpres 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.50₹ 47.2526.71% CHEAPER₹ 4.72/Tablet
- Telmichek 40mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 74.03₹ 62.932.33% CHEAPER₹ 6.29/Tablet
- Teleact 40mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.53₹ 57.4010.87% CHEAPER₹ 5.74/Tablet
- Teli 40mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.71₹ 64.350.16% CHEAPER₹ 6.44/Tablet
- Tellzy 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.56₹ 96.53₹ 6.44/Tablet
- Telmed 40mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.50₹ 57.3710.87% CHEAPER₹ 5.74/Tablet
- Vintel 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dios Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 95.001.71% CHEAPER₹ 6.33/Tablet
- Tazloc 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.54₹ 57.4110.87% CHEAPER₹ 5.74/Tablet
- Tsart 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 101.30₹ 86.1010.87% CHEAPER₹ 5.74/Tablet
Uses of Telsar 40 MG
Telsar 40 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension)
Contraindications of Telsar 40 MG
- If you are allergic to telmisartan or any other ingredient of Telsar 40 tablet
- If you are in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- If you have severe liver or kidney disorders
- If you have bile duct obstruction
- If you are on diabetic medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Telsar 40 MG
- Swelling of face
- Increased potassium levels
- Flatulence (gas)
- Dry Mouth
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Telsar 40 MG
Can I take Telsar 40 tablet during pregnancy?
Telsar 40 tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby, especially during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
Can I take Telsar 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
Telsar 40 tablet is not recommended to use while breastfeeding as it may cause harm to the newborn baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for an alternative treatment that is safe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Telsar 40 tablet?
Telsar 40 tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, which can influence your ability to drive. Hence caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Telsar 40 tablet?
You should not consume alcohol during the treatment with Telsar 40 tablet as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from diabetes
- You are suffering from liver disease
- You have any problems with your heart
- You are suffering from low blood pressure
- You are on medications like Ramipril and Lisinopril
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood
- You have had a kidney transplant or have a kidney disease
- You have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- You develop diarrhoea, vomiting. This dehydration can result in low blood pressure. Have an adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You are suffering from water and salt retention in the body along with an imbalance of various blood minerals (raised aldosterone levels)
Mode of Action of Telsar 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels through the prevention of the binding of angiotensin-II (a substance causing constriction of blood vessels leading to increased blood pressure) to its receptors....
Directions for Use of Telsar 40 MG
Telsar 40 tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily to gain optimal benefit. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, break or chew this medicine....
Interactions of Telsar 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Telsar 40 tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicine used for heart disorders like Digoxin
- If you have diabetes and taking Aliskiren, do not take this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines that may increase blood potassium levels like salt containing potassium, potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists (medicines used to treat high blood pressure).
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug products (NSAIDs) used as painkillers
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, Heparin
- Immunosuppressives (Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Trimethoprim
- Medicines known as Diuretics (water pills) used to treat high blood pressure like Furosemide Hydrochlorothiazide
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids that are used to treat the inflamed area of body parts
Interactions with food items
High potassium-containing foods should be avoided like spinach, broccoli, potatoes as it may cause irregular heartbeat, weakness, confusion, feelings of heaviness in the legs or tingling of the extremities....
Storage and disposal of Telsar 40 MG
- Store Telsar 40 tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Telsar 40 MG
- Overdose can cause symptoms such as increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Telsar 40 tablet then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take potassium supplements with Telsar 40 tablet?
- No, do not take any supplements containing potassium or potassium salts with Telsar 40 tablet.
- Telmisartan is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking this medicine.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips as they contain excess salt and should be avoided.
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: Telsar 40 vs Telsar 40, which is better?
A: Both the medicines have the same active component, which is telmisartan, only the brand name is different. However, you must take the prescribed brand only. You must consult a doctor before switching to any other brand.
Q: Why is Telsar 40 tablet given?
A: Telsar 40 tablet is given mainly to reduce the raised blood pressure and also as an adjuvant to treat certain heart conditions.
Q: What is the best time to take the Telsar 40?
A: The doctor will decide when to take the Telsar 40 and how many times in a day you should take this medicine. This medicine may be taken with or without food, try to take it at the same time for effective blood pressure control.
Q: Is Telsar 40 a blood thinner?
A: No, Telsar 40 is not a blood thinner medicine. It is an antihypertensive medicine used to manage high blood pressure. It belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin II receptor blockers.
Q: What is the composition of Telsar 40?
A: The composition of Telsar 40 consists of telmisartan, which belongs to an antihypertensive class of medicines.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed