Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream Description
Skinlite cream is used in the treatment and prevention of melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance, skin hyperpigmentation and senile lentigines (dark
spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). Melasma is a condition where the skin develops brown or blue-grey patches on the face, which may be due to hormonal changes or exposure to the sun. This medicine lightens the skin tone or appearance. Skinlite cream contains a combination of three medicines - mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Use the Skinlite cream as suggested by your doctor and do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying the Skinlite cream. Wash your hands before and after applying this cream. You should not apply this cream on a cut, open wound or burn skin area.
|Contains||Tretinoin(0.025 %W/W) + Mometasone(0.1 %W/W) + Hydroquinone(2.0 %W/W)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
- Skinshine Tube Of 30gm CreamBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30g Cream in TubeMRP 240.00₹ 168.00₹ 5.6/Gram
- Skinshine Tube Of 15gm CreamBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited15g Cream in TubeMRP 149.90₹ 127.41₹ 8.49/Gram
Uses of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Skin pigmentation
- Age spots
Contraindications of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Skinlite cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumor or a family history of skin tumor.
Side effects of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity
Precautions and Warnings of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin.), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Mode of Action of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Skinlite cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid, and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....
Directions for Use of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this medicine with other medicines. However, as it contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions may be seen with these three components, when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with Skinlite cream.
Storage and disposal of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Store this medicine in the original container in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Skinlite cream?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided, and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by the doctor. This cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Skinlite cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
Q: Can I use Skinlite cream for acne and pimples?
Q: How does Skinlite cream work?
Q: Can I use the Skinlite cream on my face?
Q: What is the side effect of Skinlite cream?
Q: How to stop using the Skinlite cream?
Q: Will Skinlite cream be more effective if applied more than recommeded dose?
Q: For how many days should I use Skinlite cream?
Q: Can I use moisturizer with Skinlite cream?
Q: Does Skin lite cause skin irritation?
Q: Can I use skinlite cream on burn wounds?
Q: Is Skinlite cream good for diaper rash?
Q: Does Skinlite cream make skin photosensitivity (sensitive to sunlight)?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 2 February 2022]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]