Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Skinlite cream is used in the treatment and prevention of melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance, skin hyperpigmentation and senile lentigines (dark
spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). Skinlite cream contains a combination of three medicines - mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Use the Skinlite cream as suggested by your doctor and do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying the Skinlite cream....
Uses of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Skin pigmentation
- Age spots
Contraindications of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Skinlite cream.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumor or a family history of skin tumor.
Side effects of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity
Precautions and Warnings of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Can I apply Skinlite cream during pregnancy?
Skinlite cream should not be used in pregnant women unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I apply Skinlite cream while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk and there is no safety information available on the use of this medicine in breastfeeding women. Thus, it is not recommended to use if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Skinlite cream?
It is a topical preparation and may not affect your driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Skinlite cream?
It is unknown if components of this medicine interact with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin.), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....Read more
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Mode of Action of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Skinlite cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid, and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....Read more
Directions for Use of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this medicine with other medicines. However, as it contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions may be seen with these three components, when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with Skinlite cream.
Storage and disposal of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Store this medicine in the original container in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Skinlite Tube Of 20gm Cream
As this medicine is for external application only, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overap
plied it, then wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for a prolonged duration is not advisable as it can lead to hormonal issues....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of this medicine, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Skinlite cream?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided, and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by the doctor. This cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Skinlite cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
A: Melasma is a skin condition characterised by dark spots or pigmentation (excessive production of melanin) on the skin. It appears as greyish brown to brown patches on the face. It usually occurs on the face, involving cheeks, forehead, lower eyelids, uppers lip and nose.
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
A: The exact cause of melasma is not known. Pregnancy, birth control pills, hormonal changes, exposure to sunlight (UV rays), hypothyroidism, or a family history of melasma are believed to be some common triggers for melasma.
Q: Can I use this medicine for acne and pimples?
A: No, it does not have any action against acne and pimples and thus should not be used for treating such skin disorders.
Q: How does Skinlite cream work?
A: Skinlite cream works by reducing the formation of a pigment called melanin responsible for dark spots. It also helps in improving the spots on the skin and reduces swelling, redness and itching.
Q: Can I use the Skinlite cream on my face?
- Yes, it can be used on the skin of the face, which is the usual area affected by melasma. It works by even out your skin tone and enhancing skin lightening. However, this should only be used under thesupervision of a skin specialist or doctor....Read more
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 19 August 2021]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹49.56 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tretinoin(0.025 %w/w),Mometasone(0.1 %w/w),Hydroquinone(2.0 %w/w)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
Last Updated on: 21 Aug 2021 | 10:23 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved