Rexipra 5mg Tablet
Rexipra 5 MG Description
Rexipra tablets are used commonly to treat depression and anxiety. It contains Citalopram as a chief ingredient. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It works by increasing serotonin (a ch
emical found in our brain). Serotonin plays a vital role in controlling the mood of a person. By taking Rexipra, a person gets relief from the symptoms of anxiety as well as depression. Rexipra tablets require a prescription from a well trained medical professional. It should be given in doses as recommended by your doctor. It does not have a habit-forming tendency; however, the person consuming this medication should be inspected daily by his caregiver for any signs of behaviour change. There is a probability of suicidal tendencies in some patients. In case of any change of behaviour, consult your doctor immediately. Rexipra tablets should be taken at a fixed amount of time as prescribed by your doctor; however, it is best to take this medication in the morning. Some people may experience a lack of sleep as its side effect after taking it at night. This medication should not be given to children below 12 years of age.
Uses of Rexipra 5 MG
Contraindications of Rexipra 5 MG
- If you had a history of heart disease or have had a cardiac arrest in the past.
- If you are allergic to the ingredients.
- If you have liver disease, people with liver problems should consult a doctor before starting this medication.
- If you take Monoamine oxidase inhibitors. It is a medication that is used to treat depression. Patients taking these drugs should avoid using Rexipra.
- If you have a history of seizures.
- If you have Glaucoma.
Side effects of Rexipra 5 MG
- Low sex drive
- Delayed ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Rexipra 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You witness the side effects of these medications are getting worse
- You overdose accidentally
- You are having any pathology of liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You develop any suicidal tendencies.
- You want to discontinue the use of this medication.
Mode of Action of Rexipra 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rexipra 5 MG
- It can be taken with or without food as directed by the physician.
- It should always be taken with a plain glass of water.
- It should be taken at a fixed time as suggested by the physician.
- It should always be swallowed whole.
- Avoid chewing or breaking it before swallowing.
- Always check the expiry date before taking medicine.
Interactions of Rexipra 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking more than one medicine leads a person to the risk of having adverse drug interactions. Some of the interactions of Rexipra tablets are as follows-
- Furosemide- A person may experience symptoms like nausea, vomiting, weight gain, and altered frequency in urination.
- Amikacin- Symptoms like fluid retention altered frequency in urination may be experienced.
- Chloramphenicol- It may decrease the effect of Rexipra tablets.
- Ethinyl estradiol- These pills used commonly as contraceptives may be reduced if used along with Rexipra tablets.
Interactions with food items
- No such interactions for Rexipra tablets are known yet.