Pantakind Dsr Capsule
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantakind-DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat an acid reflux condition or GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which contents from the stomach along with aci
d flows back to the food pipe, resulting in irritation and heartburn. Pantakind-DSR capsule is a combination medicine containing Pantoprazole and Domperidone as its active components. It works by blocking the acid secretion in the stomach and helps in relieving the symptoms of heartburn, chest pain, discomfort and irritation associated with acid reflux. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, preferably at least 30mins before a meal in the morning. Don't skip any meal of the day. Always have small but frequent meals. You should avoid eating late, before bedtime, spicy, oily food, carbonated or caffeinated drinks, smoke or alcohol....
Uses of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
Pantakind-DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease when pantoprazole alone is not working. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe
, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity....
Contraindications of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or any of the other ingredients of the Pantakind-DSR capsule.
- If you are taking any product containing rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or an obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have a tumour in the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or an electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Polyps in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
Can I take the Pantakind-DSR capsule during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Pantakind-DSR capsule as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Pantakind-DSR capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Pantakind-DSR capsule pass into breast milk in small amounts, thus you should consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits and needs, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pantakind-DSR capsule?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking Pantakind-DSR capsule, it is not advisable to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with a Pantakind-DSR capsule?
There are no interactions reported between Pantakind-DSR capsule and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse, thus you should avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever and experience black stools after taking Pantakind-DSR capsule.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- If you get a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, stop the treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures. You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last year.
- You have any medical condition like stomach ulcers, cancer, electrolyte imbalance, heart problems, liver or kidney-related disorders, etc.
- You are taking medicines to treat infections or you have HIV.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for certain lab tests (chromogranin A).
Mode of Action of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and the intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
Pantakind-DSR capsules should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning bef
ore food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Pantakind-DSR capsule or the Pantakind-DSR capsule itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking forany disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders, anti-HIV medicines, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, anticoagulants like warfarin, etc.
Interactions with food items
Pantakind-DSR capsule is to be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulat
e stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
- Store Pantakind-DSR capsule below 25°C.
- Protect it from light, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantakind Dsr Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose may include uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc. If you think you have taken too much of Pantakind-DSR capsule, contact yo
ur doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Pantakind-DSR capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not
take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure in between the stomach and food pipe, which allows the food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach flows back upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Pantakind-DSR capsule to my child for acidity?
A: No, the Pantakind-DSR capsule is not meant for children below 12 years of age.
Q: Should Pantakind-DSR capsules be taken before or after food?
A: Pantakind-DSR capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning.
Q: Are Pantakind-DSR capsule and Rabekind DSR the same?
A: No, the Pantakind-DSR capsule has Pantoprazole and Domperidone, while Rabekind DSR has Rabeprazole and Domperidone as their active ingredients. Though both the medicines are used to treat acidity and GERD, your doctor may prescribe you either of them.
Q: How can I manage my condition with the help of a few lifestyle changes?
A: A lifestyle change will probably help you control and manage acid reflux and related symptoms well. Avoid alcohol and smoking, excessive consumption of soft drinks, citrus juices, tea and coffee (caffeinated beverages). Avoid spicy, oily and fast foods. Never eat late at night or just before going to bed.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- PANTOPRAZOLE sodium delayed-release tablets [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved