By ERIS LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meftaris Tablet is a combination of two medicines, tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid. This medicine helps in relieving pain, cramps in the lower abdomen before & during menses and reduce heavy bleeding during menses. Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic (promotes clotting and stops the breakdown of a clot) medicine while mefenamic acid is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Take this medicine only when prescribed by your doctor. You should not take Meftaris if you have any blood clotting disorder, history of heavy bleeding or recent bypass surgery. Do not take this medicine during pregnancy especially the last trimester....
|You Save||₹37.03 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg),Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Menstural pain and cramps, heavy menstural bleeding|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, headache, backache, nausea, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Tranexamic Acid(500.0 Mg) + Mefenamic Acid(250.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Meftaris Tablet
Uses of Meftaris Tablet
Meftaris Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps and pain due to heavy bleeding during menses.
Contraindications of Meftaris Tablet
- If you are allergic to mefenamic acid, tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of Meftaris Tablet.
- If you have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding due to painkillers.
- If you have or have ever had a blood clot in your blood vessels (thrombosis).
- If you have a liver, kidney or heart function problem or any kind of health condition.
- If you have a bleeding disorder.
- If you recently had a bypass surgery of the heart.
- If you have a history of convulsions or inflammatory bowel disease.
- This medicine should not be taken in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Meftaris Tablet
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Meftaris Tablet
Can I take Meftaris Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take Meftaris Tablet during pregnancy as it can lead to malformations in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and increase the risk of bleeding in the mother and foetus.
Can I take Meftaris Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Meftaris Tablet can pass into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Meftaris Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meftaris Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and visual disturbances after taking Meftaris Tablet. So, be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Meftaris Tablet?
Alcohol consumption during the treatment can be an added risk for ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding. Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any medical history especially of bleeding in the brain (subarachnoid haemorrhage) and a history of blood clots (such as in the legs, lung, brain or eye).
- You are suffering from certain heart diseases (irregular heartbeat, heart valve problems) and blood clotting disorders.
- You have a kidney function problem or you are passing blood in the urine.
- You have epilepsy, seizures (fits) or respiratory disorders such as asthma.
- You experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment immediately.
- You should not take Meftaris Tablet if you have an irregular menstrual bleeding pattern.
- You are an elderly person, there is an increased risk of side effects such as ulcers and bleeding.
- You are taking oral contraceptives, be cautious as there is a risk of thrombosis.
- Meftaris Tablets can impair your fertility. Thus, you should not take this medicine if you are trying to conceive or taking treatment of fertility.
Mode of Action of Meftaris Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Meftaris Tablet works by the combined action of its two components Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid.
- Tranexamic acid works by improving the blood clotting by preventing or slowing down the process of break down of blood clots called fibrinolysis.
- Mefenamic acid helps in relieving the sensation of pain by inhibiting the formation of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin which is responsible for pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Meftaris Tablet
- Meftaris Tablet should be taken orally with or after food with plenty of water.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Meftaris Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Pause 500 Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Pause Tablet works if taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions....
- In particular, if you are taking medicnes like blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin), antidiabetic medicines, heart-related medicines, anti-hypertensive medicines, antibiotics like gentamicin, chloramphenicol, anti-HIV medicines, etc....
- The effect of Pause 500 will be reduced if taken along with blood thinners (like warfarin, heparin) which are medicines that inhibit clot formations.
- An additive effect may be seen if the patient is taking medications that increase blood clot formation (like aprotinin).
- Oral contraceptive pills, when taken with Meftaris, may promote blood clot formation which can be harmful, leading to blockage of blood vessels by abnormal clot formation. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills....
Storage and disposal of Meftaris Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Store it in a cool and dry place and try to keep it in the original container.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Meftaris Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Meftaris Tablet include nausea, vomiting, fall in blood pressure, dizziness, headache, fits or convulsions, rarely, diarrhoea, etc. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Meftaris Tablet be taken during periods?
A: Yes, Meftaris is meant to reduce cramps and pain before and during periods as well as to control excessive bleeding during periods. However, Pause Tablet is taken when prescribed by your doctor or gynaecologists. Do not self-medicate this medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: When does the bleeding stop after taking Meftaris Tablet?
A: Meftaris Tablet does not stop bleeding but reduces the heavy menstrual flow by improving the blood clot. It usually starts showing its effects within 1-2 hours.
Q: Can Meftaris Tablet cause acidity?
A: Yes, Meftaris Tablet may cause acidity, hence you should always take it with food and with antacids. It reduces the chance of stomach discomfort.
Q: Is Meftaris Tablet safe?
A: Yes, Meftaris Tablet is safe if you take it at the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. If you stop taking this Tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of bleeding might increase.
Q: Can I take Meftaris every month?
A: Usually, you can take Meftaris as per the need. It is usually prescribed for a short duration. Take it for as long as the doctor has told you to take it. Do not exceed the prescribed duration.
Q: How long does Meftaris take to work?
A: Meftaris usually starts working within 1-2 hours of its oral intake. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: When do you use Meftaris?
A: Meftaris Tablet is used for the treatment of menstrual cramps and pain due to heavy bleeding during menses.
Q: What is the composition of Meftaris?
A: The composition of Meftaris consists of a combination of two medicines, tranexamic acid and mefenamic acid.
Expires on or After