Livogen Captab 15`s
By PROCTER & GAMBLE HEALTHCARE
15 Captab(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Livogen Captab is used to treat and prevent iron and Folic acid deficiency. It contains a combination of Ferrous Fumarate (Iron) and Folic acid (Vitamin B9), two essential nutrients the body required
for optimal health. Iron and Folic acid are essential for the formation of blood cells, cell division and many other physiological functions....
Ingredients and Benefits
- Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a vital role in DNA and amino acids synthesis. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential for the development of the brain and spinal cord of the growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy can lead to birth defects....Read more
- Iron or Ferrous Fumarate: It is a vital mineral that the body requires. It is crucial for haemoglobin (Hb) formation (present in red blood cells). Hb carries oxygen from the lungs to the entire body.It is also part of myoglobin that supplies oxygen to muscles. It plays a significant role in immunity, the formation of certain hormones and regulating body temperature....Read more
Uses of Livogen Captab 15`S
- Livogen Captab is used for the treatment and prevention of Iron and Folic acid deficiency.
- As a supplement to prevent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy, breastfeeding, after surgery or in a state of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Livogen Captab 15`S
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- You have any existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, cancer, anaemia, etc.
- You have any other diseases or medical conditions.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take the Livogen Captab if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking this medicine at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Directions for Use of Livogen Captab 15`S
- Take the Livogen Captab as advised by your doctor.
- Preferably take it one hour before a meal. Avoid taking tea or coffee along with the supplement.
- You should not consume dietary supplements more than the stated, recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Livogen Captab 15`S
- Store the Livogen Captab in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food is rich in Folic acid and Iron?
A: Foods rich in Folic acid and Iron are seafood, leafy green vegetables like spinach, nuts, beans, peas, orange, resins, etc.
Q: Are there any side effects associated with the Livogen Captab?
A: You may experience skin rashes, stomach discomforts, diarrhoea and vomiting if consumed in excess. Taking too much of the Livogen Captab can interfere with the absorption of some other nutrients like Zinc and Vitamin B12.
Q: Does Livogen Captab interact with other medicines?
- Medicines used to treat indigestion like antacids, medicines used to treat bacterial infections like chloramphenicol and medicines used to treat bone problems like bisphosphonates should be taken witha minimum gap of two hours....Read more
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines like Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer) and Sulfasalazine (used to treat ulcers).
Q: What happens in the deficiency of Folic acid?
A: One may develop anaemia, ulcers in the mouth, diarrhoea and flatulence. In severe cases, it can cause infertility.
Q: What happens if the Livogen Captab is consumed in excess?
A: The overdose of the Livogen Captab may lead to some serious side effects. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Q: Can Livogen improve haemoglobin levels?
A: Yes, it contains iron which is essential for the formation of haemoglobin. Hence, it can help in improving the haemoglobin levels in iron deficiency.
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 20 August 2021]
- Folic Acid Helps Prevent Neural Tube Defects [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 20 August 2021]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Iron [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 20 August 2021]
- Park, K. (2015). Nutrition and Health. Park's Textbook of Preventive and Social Medicine. pp- 608-67
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹11.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.5 Mg),Ferrous Fumarate(152.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Iron and Folic acid deficiency|
Last Updated on: 24 Aug 2021 | 04:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved