Limbival Forte Tablets
Limbival Forte Tablets Description
Limbival Forte Tab is a combination medicine used in the treatment of moderate to severe depression, which is often accompanied by moderate to severe anxiety. In general, depression is a mood disorde
r characterised by sadness, feeling unmotivated, hopeless or lost. In contrast, anxiety is a mental health disorder characterised by feelings of worry, anxiety, or fear that interferes with a person's everyday life. Limbival Forte Tab should not be taken for longer durations as it may cause physical dependence. Consult your doctor immediately if you have suicidal or self-harmful thoughts after taking Limbival Forte Tab. Do not take Limbival Forte Tab if you are pregnant, as it may cause birth defects. Limbival Forte Tab should not be given to children as safety and effectiveness have not been established. Keep your doctor informed about your health condition and medicines before starting the course of treatment of Limbival Forte Tab.
|You Save||₹7.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amitriptyline(25.0 Mg) + Chlordiazepoxide(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||drowsiness, dry mouth, nasal congestion, constipation, blurred vision, dizziness, bloating, vivid dreams, tremors, erectile dysfunction, confusion|
Uses of Limbival Forte Tablets
- As per CDSCO, Limbival Forte Tab is used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of anxiety
Contraindications of Limbival Forte Tablets
- If you have an allergy to the active or inactive components of Limbival Forte Tab.
- If you have depression.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If you suffer from kidney Disease
- If you suffer from seizure disorders
- If you have low blood pressure
- If you are more than 65 years of age
- If you suffer from heart diseases
- If you have hyperlipidaemia
- If you suffer from bone marrow suppression
- If you are obese
- If you have diabetes
Side effects of Limbival Forte Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Nasal congestion
- Blurred vision
- Vivid dreams
- Erectile dysfunction
Precautions and Warnings of Limbival Forte Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications.
- You suffer from kidney problems.
- You are an individual below 18 years of age.
- You conceive during the course of Limbival Forte Tab or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Limbival Forte Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Limbival Forte Tablets
- Limbival Forte Tab should be taken according to the directions of your physician.
- The dosage of Limbival Forte Tab will be determined by your doctor based on your medical history, age, and gender.
- Limbival Forte Tab can be taken with or without food.
- Limbival Forte Tab should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, crush, or break it.
- Do not alter the dosage or frequency of Limbival Forte Tab without consulting your doctor.
- Limbival Forte Tab is not intended for continuous daily use until recommended by your doctor.
Interactions of Limbival Forte Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Limbival Forte Tab may interact with the following medicines, which may lead to its toxicity or reduced effect as a whole:
- Antidepressants such as duloxetine, venlafaxine
- Anticonvulsants such as gabapentin, pregabalin, topiramate
- Anti-thyroid medicines such as levothyroxine
- Anti-anxiety pills such as alprazolam, lorazepam
- Corticosteroids such as fluticasone
- Beta-agonists such as salmeterol
- Opioid analgesics such as morphine
- Diuretics such as furosemide
Interactions with food items
- Alcohol may interact with Limbival Forte Tab and should be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- St John Wort, a herbal medicine for depression, may interact with Limbival Forte Tab.
- There are no other specific foods that interact with Limbival Forte Tab. A regular diet can be followed unless advised otherwise by your physician.
Storage and disposal of Limbival Forte Tablets
Dosage of Limbival Forte Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I counter the side effect of dry mouth caused by Limbival Forte Tabs?
Q: What other lifestyle changes should I make to get the maximum benefit of Limbival Forte Tab?
Q: Is it possible that the use of Limbival Forte Tabs might affect my sex life?
- 2022. [online] Available at: <https://www.drugs.com/amitriptyline.html> [Accessed 9 March 2022].
- nhs.uk. 2022. Amitriptyline: a medicine used to treat pain and prevent migraine. [online] Available at: <https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/amitriptyline-for-pain/> [Accessed 9 March 2022].
- Chlordiazepoxide [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 9]. Available from: