Fludac 20mg Capsule
Fludac 20 MG Description
Fludac 20 MG capsule is an antidepressant. It belongs to the group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). The Fludac 20 MG capsule may be used to treat several conditions associated with
ood. It is used primarily to treat depression, panic, anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. Treatment with Fludac 20 MG capsules should be done under medical supervision only. The medicine could impair judgment, thinking, or motor skills. It is essential to visit your doctor regularly to check your progress. Family members (or other caregivers) should be alert to changes in the patient’s mood or symptoms. Fludac 20 MG capsules can cause withdrawal symptoms on abrupt discontinuation. It is necessary to discuss a tapering dosing schedule with your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.16 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive disorder; bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder); obsessive-compulsive disorder; panic disorder; premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).|
|Side effects||Hives, difficult breathing, swelling in your face or throat or a severe skin reaction (fever, sore throat, burning eyes, skin pain, red or purple skin rash with blistering and peeling); mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself; blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain or swelling, or seeing halos around lights; fast or pounding heartbeats, fluttering in your chest, shortness of breath, and sudden dizziness (like you might pass out); headache, confusion, slurred speech, severe weakness, vomiting, loss of coordination, feeling unsteady; very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, tremors; sleep problems (insomnia); weakness; feeling tired; upset stomach, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; dry mouth, sweating, hot flashes; changes in weight or appetite; stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, flu symptoms; changes in sexual function.|
Uses of Fludac 20 MG
- Major depressive disorder.
- Bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder).
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- Panic disorder.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
Contraindications of Fludac 20 MG
Side effects of Fludac 20 MG
- Allergic effects like hives, itching, skin rash.
- Inability to sit still.
- Chills or fever.
- Joint or muscle pain.
- Cold sweats.
- Cool pale skin.
- DiaDiarrhoeaifficulty with concentration.
- Dryness of the mouth.
- Excessive hunger.
- Fast or irregular heartbeat.
- Increased sweating.
- Increased thirst.
- Mood or behaviour changes.
- Overactive reflexes.
- Purple or red spots on the skin.
- Racing heartbeat.
- Shakiness or unsteady walk.
- Shivering or shaking.
- You cannot control talking, feeling, and acting with excitement and activity.
- Breathing trouble.
- Unusual or incomplete body or facial movements.
- Unusual tiredness or weakness.
- Changes in sexual function.
Precautions and Warnings of Fludac 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- Talk to your doctor if you have ever had:
- Cirrhosis of the liver.
- Urination problems.
- Narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Seizures or epilepsy.
- Sexual problems.
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression).
- Drug abuse or suicidal thoughts.
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Mode of Action of Fludac 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fludac 20 MG
- Take Fludac 20 MG capsule exactly per the instruction of your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule whole and do not crush, chew, break, or open it.
Interactions of Fludac 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of infections, asthma, heart problems, high blood pressure, depression, mental illness, cancer, malaria, or HIV can increase the risk of heart problems when taken in conjunction with Fludac 20 MG capsule....
- Fludac 20 MG capsule used with other drugs that make you drowsy can increase drowsiness further.
- Using opioid medication, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, or medicine for anxiety/ seizures can result in unwanted drug interaction.
- Taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as aspirin, ibuprofen etc, with Fludac 20 MG capsule may cause you to bruise or bleed easily.
- Other medicines, especially antidepressants, blood thinners; medicine to treat anxiety, mood disorders, thought disorders, or mental illness; medicine to treat ADHD or narcolepsy; migraine headache medicine; narcotic pain medicine should be used under medical advice along with Fludac 20 MG capsule....
Interactions with food items
- There are no specific interactions of Fludac 20 MG capsule noted with food.
- Please discuss with your doctor to see if any dietary changes are needed.
Storage and disposal of Fludac 20 MG
Dosage of Fludac 20 MG
- Interaction or overdose may cause serotonin syndrome symptoms, including agitation, hallucinations, delirium, fast heart rate, dizziness, flushing, muscle tremor or rigidity, and stomach symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhoea. Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome has also been reported in some cases whose symptoms include high body temperature, muscle rigidity, and mental disturbances. If any of the above symptoms are noted or overdosing is suspected, immediately seek medical advice or go to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Fludac 20 MG capsule be used to treat children?
Q: When can I stop using Fludac 20 MG capsule?
- Ask your doctor how to safely stop using the medicine. It is not advised to stop using Fludac 20 MG capsule suddenly as there could be unpleasant withdrawal symptoms