Doxt Sl 100mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Doxt-SL capsule is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections (UTI), sexually transmitted disease
s and skin and eye infections. It contains a combination of doxycycline and lactobacillus as active substances. Doxt-SL capsule works by preventing the growth and reproduction of infection-causing bacteria. Lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by a doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. You must always complete the entire course of antibiotics even if you feel better to prevent infection relapse. Doxt-SL capsule should not be used when you are not sure if the infection is due to bacteria. The unnecessary use of antibiotics can make them ineffective for future treatment. Thus it is recommended not to self-medicate. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Also, inform about all the medicines and supplements you are taking. Doxt-SL capsules should not be used in children below 8 years of age as they can cause discolouration of teeth.
- Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 CapsulesBy Megha Healthcare Private Limited8 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.20₹ 83.20₹
- Minicycline Lb Capsules 10'sBy Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.95₹ 83.95₹
- Doxybond Lb CapsuleBy Brinton Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 90.95₹
- Revidox Lb Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.00₹ 70.55₹
Uses of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Contraindications of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to doxycycline, lactobacillus, or any other ingredient of Doxt-SL capsule.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Precautions and Warnings of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder myasthenia gravis which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have benign intracranial hypertension, a type of brain disorder characterized by a severe headache.
- You have an infection or inflammation in the food pipe (oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea after taking Doxt SL capsule.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterized by severe abdominal pain.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus, characterized by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterized by fever, chill, increased heartbeat, and headache.
Directions for Use of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Take Doxt-SL capsule exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- It is recommended to take this medicine at the same time every day for optimal benefits.
- Also, complete the entire course of antibiotics as suggested by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store Doxt-SL capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Dosage of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Doxt-SL capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Doxt-SL capsule contains a combination of doxycycline and lactobacillus sporogenes as active substances.
- Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth and reproduction of bacteria by preventing the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are good bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the use of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes help in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Interactions of DOXT SL 100MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Doxt-SL capsule works or this medicine itself can alter the action of other medicines taken along with it.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, antacids containing aluminum, calcium or magnesium, cyclosporin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, etc, if taken along with this medicine can alter the action of Doxt-SL capsules.
- This medicine can alter the action of certain antibiotics, oral contraceptives, etc. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used while using Doxt-SL capsules with oral contraceptives.
- Blood thinners like warfarin when used with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
- The use of methoxyflurane, an anesthetic with this medicine can result in toxicity in the kidney.
- The use of medicines like isotretinoin along with Doxt-SL should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Doxt-SL 100 Capsules be used in children?
Q: Can I have milk with Doxt-SL 100 capsules?
Q: How does the lactobacillus help?
Q: Are Doxt 100 and Doxt-SL 100 the same?
Q: What are the side effects that I can experience on taking Doxt-SL-100 mg capsules?
Q: I feel tired after taking Doxt-SL-100 mg capsules. Is it serious?
Q: Can I take Doxt-SL capsules 100 mg if I am allergic to Penicillin?
Q: What is the effect of Doxt-SL 100 on blood pressure?
Q: Is Doxt-SL 100 effective for covid-19 infection?
Q: Can I use Doxt-SL 100 for the treatment of acne cysts?
Q: How long can Doxt-SL be taken?
Q: How does Doxt-SL work?
Q: When should Doxt SL be taken?
Q: Is Doxt SL used for cough?
Q: What is the composition of Doxt SL?
Q: Is Doxt SL antibiotic?
Q: What is the function of Cap Doxt-SL?
Q: Is Doxt 100 and Doxt sl the same?
Q: Can I use Doxt sl during breastfeeding?
Q: Is Doxt-sl tablet used for acne treatment?
Q: Can we give Doxt sl for cough?
Q: Does Doxt Sl cause photosensitivity?
Q: Can Doxt SL capsule be used for infections in the lungs and joints?
Q: Can Doxt SL capsule be used for dengue?
Q: Can I take Doxt SL capsule if I have typhoid?
- Doxycycline 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 October 2022]
- Drugs H, Supplements H. Lactobacillus: MedlinePlus Supplements [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 13 October 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 October 2022]